Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104
  1. #91
    RoneG is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086763
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mark_The_Viking" #1086760
    Any interest in Tyrod Taylor at 12?
    I actually followed a bit of college ball this year, because of my location, the team I followed was the Hookies.

    I think he is an option but not at 12, nor as a guy who can come in right now and lead a team at the level that one of the top 2 or 3 guys in this draft.

    Probably more polished than Webb, but not as ready as a TJ at this point.






    No way is Tyrod more polished than Webb.

  2. #92
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    DE Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue is skyrocking up my board, pretty much dominating everyone at the Senior Bowl practices..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  3. #93
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    My new top 12

    1. AJ Green
    2. Blaine Gabbert
    3. Patrick Peterson
    4. Da'Quan Bowers
    5. Robert Quinn
    6. Marcell Dareus
    7. Ryan Kerrigan
    8. Ryan Mallett
    9. Von Miller
    10. Prince Amukamara
    11. Nate Solder
    12. Tyron Smith


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #94
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087501
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1087495
    Not surprising but

    Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft after leading Auburn to a national championship and drawing nearly as much attention for a pay-for-play scandal as for his dynamic performances.
    Newton enters draft
    I hope that Gabbert jumps him on the charts as many are projecting will happen ... That will at least give us an outside shot of getting him.
    Would love to get Gabbert at 12. Wow...
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  5. #95
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    Quote Originally Posted by "VikingMike" #1089207
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087501
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1087495
    Not surprising but

    Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft after leading Auburn to a national championship and drawing nearly as much attention for a pay-for-play scandal as for his dynamic performances.
    Newton enters draft
    I hope that Gabbert jumps him on the charts as many are projecting will happen ... That will at least give us an outside shot of getting him.
    Would love to get Gabbert at 12. Wow...
    We will have to go up and get him, Top 10 pick for sure..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  6. #96
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1089224
    Quote Originally Posted by "VikingMike" #1089207
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087501
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1087495
    Not surprising but

    Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft after leading Auburn to a national championship and drawing nearly as much attention for a pay-for-play scandal as for his dynamic performances.
    Newton enters draft
    I hope that Gabbert jumps him on the charts as many are projecting will happen ... That will at least give us an outside shot of getting him.
    Would love to get Gabbert at 12. Wow...
    We will have to go up and get him, Top 10 pick for sure..

    Yeah, for sure...he won't last that far down. Our 1st and 2nd together would allow us to move up to #5 or #6.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  7. #97
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    Quote Originally Posted by "VikingMike" #1089287
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1089224
    Quote Originally Posted by "VikingMike" #1089207
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087501
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1087495
    Not surprising but

    Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft after leading Auburn to a national championship and drawing nearly as much attention for a pay-for-play scandal as for his dynamic performances.
    Newton enters draft
    I hope that Gabbert jumps him on the charts as many are projecting will happen ... That will at least give us an outside shot of getting him.
    Would love to get Gabbert at 12. Wow...
    We will have to go up and get him, Top 10 pick for sure..

    Yeah, for sure...he won't last that far down. Our 1st and 2nd together would allow us to move up to #5 or #6.
    I am all for passing on a QB, getting an old washed up guy like Palmer to fill in and taking a 1 year hit with a 2 win season in order to get a shot at a top rookie Qb that we can draft without trading extra picks to get.

  8. #98
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089294
    Quote Originally Posted by "VikingMike" #1089287
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1089224
    Quote Originally Posted by "VikingMike" #1089207
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087501
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1087495
    Not surprising but

    Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft after leading Auburn to a national championship and drawing nearly as much attention for a pay-for-play scandal as for his dynamic performances.
    Newton enters draft
    I hope that Gabbert jumps him on the charts as many are projecting will happen ... That will at least give us an outside shot of getting him.
    Would love to get Gabbert at 12. Wow...
    We will have to go up and get him, Top 10 pick for sure..

    Yeah, for sure...he won't last that far down. Our 1st and 2nd together would allow us to move up to #5 or #6.
    I am all for passing on a QB, getting an old washed up guy like Palmer to fill in and taking a 1 year hit with a 2 win season in order to get a shot at a top rookie Qb that we can draft without trading extra picks to get.

    I wouldn't trade up either, and we've already lost out 3rd round pick. But I'd be willing to grab Dalton later on if he's available. I don't want to get another retread.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  9. #99
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    After watching some tape on Gabbert, im not really that sold.. I know i had him high in my rankings the last time, but to be honest and after watching tape - i think he is a long way from being an NFL starter..

    His arm is really good, but he takes every snap from the shotgun and doesnt check down his recievers, he has good but not great accuracy and since he plays with 4 or 5 recievers i question that he has ever learned stepping up in the pocket and stand in here when the rush comes instead of taking off and buying time instead.

    12 minute breakdown from the bowl game vs Illinois
    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]Q5nGYHLeB2g[/video]

    I think we need a guy who can step in after 1 or 2 years learning under a stopgap QB and i don't think thats him.


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  10. #100
    Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    296

    Re: Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

    Former Auburn QB Newton draws rave reviews for workout

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81e4049d/article/former-auburn-qb-newton-draws-rave-reviews-for-workout?module=HP_headlines

    Keep in mind this is only a workout, but as I said before Cam Newton is an intriguing prospect. I guess a lot of media pundits like Mike Mayock et. al like his mechanics but are quick to point out JaMarcus Russell had an impressive pro day and workouts also. So my stance on Newton is that he's going to be a major bust or the cat's meow in the NFL. One extreme or the other. Personally I'd rather take an O-Line or BPA in round one then take Ponder in round 2 but I guess I wouldn't be all that disappointed if we ended up taking Newton. He does have a high ceiling and not any character concerns (not counting what his dad did to give him like 180K to play college, lol) of major note so I'd be fine with taking Newton so long as he's willing to learn the system we run and not bitch about doing things his way (i.e. Vince Young).

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Da'Quan Bowers at the 12th pick?
    By FuadFan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 03:16 PM
  2. The 12th overall pick has proven value
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 09:11 PM
  3. Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 04:42 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
  5. Vikings pre-season ranking is 12th by Yahoo
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 05:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •