11. Houston Texans

12. Minnesota Vikings

13. Detroit Lions

14. Miami Dolphins

15. St Louis Rams

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick

Doesn't seem like a good reward for the awful season lol. I count 6 teams ahead of us that might want a first round quarterback.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

I doubt we get Mallet or whatever QB grades second behind Luck, unless we trade up.

Krumb is offline Pro-Bowler

My college football knowledge is severely lacking what are some names the Vikings may be looking into?

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

i pray to god we dont draft some project like cam newton, if we do that we might as well sign tarvaris for a 7 year 40 million dollar contract to be honest with you.

i wouldnt mind trading up for luck. but in order to do that its to much to give up for a player that is not "guaranteed" to be a good QB. no player from college is guaranteed to be a stud. For some reason if Zygi+Spielman+Frazier have a big boner for Luck, to trade up for him would require a Hershal Walker type deal, and we know how that turned out last time.

In 2004, The Chargers/Giants draft trade was:1st round: Eli Manning was traded to the N.Y Giants for Philip Rivers, a 3rd-round pick (Nate Kaeding), a 1st-round pick in 2005 (Shawne Merriman) and a 5th-round pick in 2005. And thats when the Giants were 4 overall, we're 12, lol, I can only imagine the asking price from us.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Sajid28" #1086538
    i pray to god we dont draft some project like cam newton, if we do that we might as well sign tarvaris for a 7 year 40 million dollar contract to be honest with you.

i wouldnt mind trading up for luck. but in order to do that its to much to give up for a player that is not "guaranteed" to be a good QB. no player from college is guaranteed to be a stud. For some reason if Zygi+Spielman+Frazier have a big boner for Luck, to trade up for him would require a Hershal Walker type deal, and we know how that turned out last time.

In 2004, The Chargers/Giants draft trade was:1st round: Eli Manning was traded to the N.Y Giants for Philip Rivers, a 3rd-round pick (Nate Kaeding), a 1st-round pick in 2005 (Shawne Merriman) and a 5th-round pick in 2005. And thats when the Giants were 4 overall, we're 12, lol, I can only imagine the asking price from us.
    Two things
    1) The price of the first overall pick scares some teams away. A team like the Panthers who just lost Peppers and had trouble signing Gross isn't gonna try and sign a guy to a 90 million dollar contract. The asking price to trade would be lowered.

2) Eli carried the Manning name and a much high pedegree than Luck.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

1) Panthers: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

With Fox almost certain to be ousted in Carolina, none of his young quarterbacks are likely to stand much of a chance with a new regime. Luck was the strong arm, smarts, accuracy, and character to be a franchise quarterback long into the future. The Panthers will need to upgrade the weapons around him quickly, however. The only question left is whether or not Luck decides to declare.

5) Cardinals: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

Ken Whisenhunt has seen firsthand what a big, mobile quarterback can do for a teamís playoff chances. Newton comes with plenty of risk, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and this is a head coach that could benefit from some adding a popular hype machine to his roster to take some of the heat off his chair.

6) Niners: Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

Another case of new regime equaling new quarterback. Mallett provides the Niners with rejuvenated hope at the one position that has been plaguing them most severely. With a strong arm and enough skill to work with, Mallett replaces Alex Smith as the latest project at quarterback.

11) Seahawks: Jake Locker, QB, Washington

If the Seahawks donít draft their hometown boy, I could see him falling all the way to the second round (yes, that includes right on by the Vikings) as he has really struggled this year. The rumor was that he didnít declare last year because the NFL gave him a second round grade. So what has he done this year to improve on that? However, Iíll go with the masses here and say the Seahawks try to fix their quarterback woes by drafting their local hero.

2011 Mock Draft

I guess the good thing is, after the Seachickens won, we moved ahead of them. Might get us the 4th best QB out of the draft if all declare.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

12. Minnesota Vikings

Head Coach: Leslie Frazier (formerly interim head coach)

Expected defensive scheme: 4-3

Team Needs:

Quarterback: Brett Favre has to be done, right? Quarterback is a big need for this Vikings team. They have the talent to be a Super Bowl contender next year, but to do that they must add a quarterback who can at the very minimum manage the game and limit turnovers.

Outside Linebacker: Chad Greenway and Ben Leber will be free agents. It is unlikely both will leave, but losing even one makes this a priority for Minnesota. Losing both would be devastating.

Defensive Tackle: Pat Williams has made comments that this could be his last year. His status as a free agent also makes his leaving more likely. Kevin Williams is one of the best tackles in the NFL, but he needs a big body next to him that can draw double teams.

Free Safety: The Vikings ignored the safety position in the 2010 draft, to the surprise of many. Madieu Williams is good enough, but if given the chance to get younger at the position the Vikings should pull the trigger.

Strong Safety: And just like free safety, strong safety is a need the Vikings didn't address last year. Tyrell Johnson looks promising when healthy, but depth is at the minimum a need here.

Guard/Offensive Tackle: The Vikings have a good offensive line, especially with it comes to run blocking. Adding depth, and young players to challenge the established veterans, could be a late-round focus for Leslie Frazier's first draft.
    2011 NFL Draft Order: Holes Each Team Needs to Fill

These guys list only 3 teams ahead of us that need QB as thier primary need.

Again, gets us the 4th best QB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

4th could be Jake Locker who was projected #1 last year this is presuming Order is Luck.Mallet.Newton...if Locker falls to 4 that good be great for Vikings... but more likely Mallet Feed that kid a few corndogs to put on some wieght and he might workout....either way locker or Mallet is a big step up

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Assuming the Panthers take Andrew Luck #1 overall what do they do with Jimmy Clausen?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast