Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    "Garland" wrote:
    Going to play devils advocte on this a little bit. Not that I don't think he should be gone, because he should but...

    Were the expectations placed in him to much? I mean he was the "Randy Moss Pick". He was expected right from the get go to be the one to replace Moss.Alot of people expected him to be the next Moss or at least very close to it. So in a way that could of been part of the reason why he has struggled. Having something like that in the back of anyones head has to affect you.

    I am kind of waivering on the "bust" label for him yet He very well could be, but I think a change of scenery for Williamson is best for him. However if he catches on with another team and continues to do horrible or just dissapears from football then the label of bust should be warrented.
    Just wanted to put a different spin on it.
    If we picked him in the third round or later, no.
    But, he was the #7 pick...maybe a reach, however, the simple fact is that wide receivers need to CATCH the ball.
    They tried him on kickoff returns, he ran right into people...that didn't even work.
    It's a shame, because I'm sure he's a great kid.
    He's a bust, period.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  2. #12
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    "Garland" wrote:
    Going to play devils advocte on this a little bit. Not that I don't think he should be gone, because he should but...

    Were the expectations placed in him to much? I mean he was the "Randy Moss Pick". He was expected right from the get go to be the one to replace Moss.Alot of people expected him to be the next Moss or at least very close to it. So in a way that could of been part of the reason why he has struggled. Having something like that in the back of anyones head has to affect you.

    I am kind of waivering on the "bust" label for him yet He very well could be, but I think a change of scenery for Williamson is best for him. However if he catches on with another team and continues to do horrible or just dissapears from football then the label of bust should be warrented.
    Just wanted to put a different spin on it.
    He ia a bust. There is a difference between being Randy Moss and actually catching the ball!

  3. #13
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Going to play devils advocte on this a little bit. Not that I don't think he should be gone, because he should but...

    Were the expectations placed in him to much? I mean he was the "Randy Moss Pick". He was expected right from the get go to be the one to replace Moss.Alot of people expected him to be the next Moss or at least very close to it. So in a way that could of been part of the reason why he has struggled. Having something like that in the back of anyones head has to affect you.

    I am kind of waivering on the "bust" label for him yet He very well could be, but I think a change of scenery for Williamson is best for him. However if he catches on with another team and continues to do horrible or just dissapears from football then the label of bust should be warrented.
    Just wanted to put a different spin on it.
    If we picked him in the third round or later, no.
    But, he was the #7 pick...maybe a reach, however, the simple fact is that wide receivers need to CATCH the ball.
    They tried him on kickoff returns, he ran right into people...that didn't even work.
    It's a shame, because I'm sure he's a great kid.
    He's a bust, period.
    I will wait to see what happens to him after this year before I label him a complete bust. I think of change of scenery is the best thing for him at this point. But he could ver well end up being a bust anyways.

  4. #14
    vikesfargo's Avatar
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    600

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    I remember the last time we sent a #1 draft pick wide receiver packing. I guess he just caught 23 touchdowns this year for some other team.


    Go Vikings!

  5. #15
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    I remember the last time we sent a #1 draft pick wide receiver packing. I guess he just caught 23 touchdowns this year for some other team.
    We Did? Who? ;D

  6. #16
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    "Garland" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Going to play devils advocte on this a little bit. Not that I don't think he should be gone, because he should but...

    Were the expectations placed in him to much? I mean he was the "Randy Moss Pick". He was expected right from the get go to be the one to replace Moss.Alot of people expected him to be the next Moss or at least very close to it. So in a way that could of been part of the reason why he has struggled. Having something like that in the back of anyones head has to affect you.

    I am kind of waivering on the "bust" label for him yet He very well could be, but I think a change of scenery for Williamson is best for him. However if he catches on with another team and continues to do horrible or just dissapears from football then the label of bust should be warrented.
    Just wanted to put a different spin on it.
    If we picked him in the third round or later, no.
    But, he was the #7 pick...maybe a reach, however, the simple fact is that wide receivers need to CATCH the ball.
    They tried him on kickoff returns, he ran right into people...that didn't even work.
    It's a shame, because I'm sure he's a great kid.
    He's a bust, period.
    I will wait to see what happens to him after this year before I label him a complete bust. I think of change of scenery is the best thing for him at this point. But he could ver well end up being a bust anyways.
    you may be right in that people maybe had too many expectations for him when he was first drafted and so had more pressure on for that first year. Since that first season though the comparisons have not been there and it has simply been a case that he can't cut in in Minny. As you say he'll go elsewhere and probably do a lot better and if he does then good luck to him.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  7. #17
    Mikecarter81's Avatar
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    823

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    I'm all for giving guys more chances if they show promise.
    Yet the mental mistakes are seriously bad.
    Also I've not seen this great spped that he was to possess.
    He looks pretty average in that department as well.

    Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

  8. #18
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    It doesn't matter if he was the last person selected in the draft or an undrafted free agent, he just isn't that good at catching the football.

    I hope he hasn't spent much of his money and he can go out and make good with the money he received.
    Do some work with the Shriner's hospital or something.
    I wish him well somewhere other than on the Vikings.

    I hate to say it, but I knew he was going to drop that ball in Denver.
    It isn't in his cards to be in the NFL with the Vikes at least.
    He has over extended his welcome here.
    He would have been on his way out after the funeral, but the team mates stuck up for him out of empathy and there was an outcry from the public (they should have kept their mouths shut).
    He benefited from the inexperience of Rice and Allison and the injuries to different WRs this season.

    Bye Bye TW, and I bid you good fortune back in SC.

  9. #19
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    Why not just make him a corner... or a waterboy?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

    "C" wrote:
    Why not just make him a corner... or a waterboy?
    Let's say the team keeps him as a waterboy and pays him $10/game or something.
    That means that everytime you buy a ticket, merchandise, or even watch an ad, you are helping to support Troy Williamson financially.

    Do you really want to be a part of that?
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Officailly official thread for everything official
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
  2. The Official Official Thread
    By Potus2028 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM
  3. official MLB thread
    By snowinapril in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
  4. Skiers packin heat at the Olympics
    By ChezPizmo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 03:32 PM
  5. Send Tice Packin'
    By dan3ski in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 10:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •