Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: *the official* send T-Will packin thread

"Garland" wrote:
    Going to play devils advocte on this a little bit. Not that I don't think he should be gone, because he should but...

Were the expectations placed in him to much? I mean he was the "Randy Moss Pick". He was expected right from the get go to be the one to replace Moss.Alot of people expected him to be the next Moss or at least very close to it. So in a way that could of been part of the reason why he has struggled. Having something like that in the back of anyones head has to affect you.

I am kind of waivering on the "bust" label for him yet He very well could be, but I think a change of scenery for Williamson is best for him. However if he catches on with another team and continues to do horrible or just dissapears from football then the label of bust should be warrented.
    Just wanted to put a different spin on it.
    If we picked him in the third round or later, no.
    But, he was the #7 pick...maybe a reach, however, the simple fact is that wide receivers need to CATCH the ball.
    They tried him on kickoff returns, he ran right into people...that didn't even work.
    It's a shame, because I'm sure he's a great kid.
    He's a bust, period.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    Going to play devils advocte on this a little bit. Not that I don't think he should be gone, because he should but...

Were the expectations placed in him to much? I mean he was the "Randy Moss Pick". He was expected right from the get go to be the one to replace Moss.Alot of people expected him to be the next Moss or at least very close to it. So in a way that could of been part of the reason why he has struggled. Having something like that in the back of anyones head has to affect you.

I am kind of waivering on the "bust" label for him yet He very well could be, but I think a change of scenery for Williamson is best for him. However if he catches on with another team and continues to do horrible or just dissapears from football then the label of bust should be warrented.
    He ia a bust. There is a difference between being Randy Moss and actually catching the ball!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

But, he was the #7 pick...maybe a reach, however, the simple fact is that wide receivers need to CATCH the ball.
    They tried him on kickoff returns, he ran right into people...that didn't even work.
    He's a bust, period.
    I will wait to see what happens to him after this year before I label him a complete bust. I think of change of scenery is the best thing for him at this point. But he could ver well end up being a bust anyways.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

I remember the last time we sent a #1 draft pick wide receiver packing. I guess he just caught 23 touchdowns this year for some other team.

Go Vikings!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    I remember the last time we sent a #1 draft pick wide receiver packing. I guess he just caught 23 touchdowns this year for some other team.
    We Did? Who? ;D

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

He's a bust, period.
    I will wait to see what happens to him after this year before I label him a complete bust. I think of change of scenery is the best thing for him at this point. But he could ver well end up being a bust anyways.
    you may be right in that people maybe had too many expectations for him when he was first drafted and so had more pressure on for that first year. Since that first season though the comparisons have not been there and it has simply been a case that he can't cut in in Minny. As you say he'll go elsewhere and probably do a lot better and if he does then good luck to him.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I'm all for giving guys more chances if they show promise.
    Yet the mental mistakes are seriously bad.
    Also I've not seen this great spped that he was to possess.
    He looks pretty average in that department as well.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It doesn't matter if he was the last person selected in the draft or an undrafted free agent, he just isn't that good at catching the football.

I hope he hasn't spent much of his money and he can go out and make good with the money he received.
    Do some work with the Shriner's hospital or something.
    I wish him well somewhere other than on the Vikings.

I hate to say it, but I knew he was going to drop that ball in Denver.
    It isn't in his cards to be in the NFL with the Vikes at least.
    He has over extended his welcome here.
    He would have been on his way out after the funeral, but the team mates stuck up for him out of empathy and there was an outcry from the public (they should have kept their mouths shut).
    He benefited from the inexperience of Rice and Allison and the injuries to different WRs this season.

Bye Bye TW, and I bid you good fortune back in SC.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Why not just make him a corner... or a waterboy?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    Why not just make him a corner... or a waterboy?
    Let's say the team keeps him as a waterboy and pays him $10/game or something.
    That means that everytime you buy a ticket, merchandise, or even watch an ad, you are helping to support Troy Williamson financially.

Do you really want to be a part of that?
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast