Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Admiral's Avatar
    Admiral is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    45

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    Right here's my prediction:

    OFFENSE (25)

    QB (3): Brett Favre, Sage Rosenfels, John David Booty

    RB (3): Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Albert Young

    FB (2): Naufahu Tahi, Jeff Dugan (FB/TE)

    WR (6): Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, Percy Harvin, Darius Reynaud, Jaymar Johnson

    TE (3): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jimmy Kleinsasser, Garrett Mills

    OL (8): Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie, John Sullivan, Phil Loadholt, Anthony Herrera, Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, Brian Daniels

    DEFENSE (25)

    DE (4): Jared Allen, Ray Edwards, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell

    DT (5): Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Fred Evans, Letroy Guion, Jimmy Kennedy

    LB (6): Chad Greenway, Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Erin Henderson, Heath Farwell, Jasper Brinkley

    CB (5): Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Benny Sapp, Asher Allen, Karl Paymah

    S (5): Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, Jamarca Sanford, Eric Frampton

    SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

    K: Ryan Longwell

    P: Chris Kluwe

    LS: Cullen Loeffler

    I know 8 linemen may not be much, but both Hicks and Cook are quite versatile as backups, so I'm going with this. I'm thinking 5 DT's just in case the suspension does happen, and I went with 5 safeties over 6 corners because I think they like Frampton more on special teams. Of course it's just a guess, but it should be interesting to see who gets the closest. There should be a prize in my opinion!

  2. #12
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,814

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    I'll take a shot at it, not many changes from others posted:

    OFFENSE (24)

    QB (3): Brett Favre, Sage Rosenfels, John David Booty

    RB (3): Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Albert Young

    FB (2): Naufahu Tahi, Jeff Dugan (FB/TE)

    WR (5): Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, Percy Harvin, Darius Reynaud

    TE (3): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jimmy Kleinsasser, Garrett Mills

    OL (8): Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie, John Sullivan, Phil Loadholt, Anthony Herrera, Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, Brian Daniels

    DEFENSE (26)

    DE (5): Jared Allen, Ray Edwards, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell, Otis Grigsby

    DT (5): Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Fred Evans, Jimmy Kennedy, Letroy Guion

    LB (6): Chad Greenway, Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Erin Henderson, Heath Farwell, Jasper Brinkley

    CB (5): Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Benny Sapp, Asher Allen, Marcus MacAuley

    S (5): Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, Jamarca Sanford, Eric Frampton

    SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

    K: Ryan Longwell

    P: Chris Kluwe

    LS: Cullen Loeffler

    The hardest choice for me was on the WR's.
    If we do only go with 5, Jaymar could easily get the nod over Darius, I just felt Darius has had a better pre-season.
    If we do go we 6, a safety spot could be tagged.
    I think the DL will stay somewhat heavy in personnel due to how Leslie likes to platoon the guys.
    At DE, the new guy Burnett could beat out Grigsby, but I thought Grigsby was decent off the bench last year and also showed the ability to play DT.

    I also feel Macauley has a chance at one more year, largely due to the fact that he is the best replacement at outside corner.
    Paymah hasn't shown me anything and I don't think special teams is a big enough reason to keep him.

  3. #13
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,223

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    Looking good guys.
    I am surprised so many people see us going with 5 safeties. I cannot see us going with more than 4 honestly and maybe even only 3.
    Also surprised to see everyone only going with 8 O-Lineman. I am almost certain that 9 is the standard, but I don't know for sure.
    I could see us going with Dugan as the No. 2 FB, but in that case I do not think Mills makes the squad.

  4. #14
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    mine:

    OFFENSE (24)

    QB (3): Brett Favre, Sage Rosenfels, John David Booty

    RB (3): Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Albert Young

    FB (1): Naufahu Tahi,

    WR (5): Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, Percy Harvin, Jaymar Johnson

    TE (3): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jimmy Kleinsasser, Garrett Mills

    OL(9)
    Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie, John Sullivan, Phil Loadholt, Anthony Herrera, Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, Brian Daniels, Drew Radovich

    DEFENSE (25)

    DE (5): Jared Allen, Ray Edwards, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell, Otis Grigsby

    DT (4): Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Fred Evans, Letroy Guion

    LB (7): Chad Greenway, Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Erin Henderson, Heath Farwell, Jasper Brinkley, Kenny Onatolu

    CB (5): Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Benny Sapp, Asher Allen, Marcus MacCauley

    S (4): Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, Jamarca Sanford, Eric Frampton

    SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

    K: Ryan Longwell

    P: Chris Kluwe

    LS: Cullen Loeffler

  5. #15
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,223

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    mine:

    OFFENSE (24)

    QB (3): Brett Favre, Sage Rosenfels, John David Booty

    RB (3): Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Albert Young

    FB (1): Naufahu Tahi,

    WR (5): Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, Percy Harvin, Jaymar Johnson

    TE (3): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jimmy Kleinsasser, Garrett Mills

    OL(9)
    Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie, John Sullivan, Phil Loadholt, Anthony Herrera, Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, Brian Daniels, Drew Radovich

    DEFENSE (25)

    DE (5): Jared Allen, Ray Edwards, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell, Otis Grigsby

    DT (4): Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Fred Evans, Letroy Guion

    LB (7): Chad Greenway, Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Erin Henderson, Heath Farwell, Jasper Brinkley, Kenny Onatolu

    CB (5): Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Benny Sapp, Asher Allen, Marcus MacCauley

    S (4): Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, Jamarca Sanford, Eric Frampton

    SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

    K: Ryan Longwell

    P: Chris Kluwe

    LS: Cullen Loeffler
    You actually got 5 safeties there and 26 on defense. But looks good.


  6. #16
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    mine:

    OFFENSE (24)

    QB (3): Brett Favre, Sage Rosenfels, John David Booty

    RB (3): Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Albert Young

    FB (1): Naufahu Tahi,

    WR (5): Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, Percy Harvin, Jaymar Johnson

    TE (3): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jimmy Kleinsasser, Garrett Mills

    OL(9)
    Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie, John Sullivan, Phil Loadholt, Anthony Herrera, Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, Brian Daniels, Drew Radovich

    DEFENSE (25)

    DE (5): Jared Allen, Ray Edwards, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell, Otis Grigsby

    DT (4): Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Fred Evans, Letroy Guion

    LB (7): Chad Greenway, Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Erin Henderson, Heath Farwell, Jasper Brinkley, Kenny Onatolu

    CB (5): Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Benny Sapp, Asher Allen, Marcus MacCauley

    S (4): Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, Jamarca Sanford, Eric Frampton

    SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

    K: Ryan Longwell

    P: Chris Kluwe

    LS: Cullen Loeffler
    You actually got 5 safeties there and 26 on defense. But looks good.

    guess I forgot to update the totals.
    I have a feeling that Onatolu will make the squad as a special teams player.
    I don't see much love for him, but he was the leading special teams player in the CFL, and I can see the ST Coordinator making a strong push to get some good ST guys in there to fix that disaster that was our coverage unit last year.

  7. #17
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,223

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    All right ... after the game tonight (which still has a little to go) I have some slight adjustments to make. Changes discussed after ...

    OFFENSE (24)

    QB (3): Brett Favre, Sage Rosenfels, John David Booty

    RB (3): Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Albert Young

    FB (2): Naufahu Tahi, Jeff Dugan

    WR (5): Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, Percy Harvin, Darius Reynaud

    TE (2): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jimmy Kleinsasser

    OL (9): Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie, John Sullivan, Phil Loadholt, Anthony Herrera, Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, John Cooper, Brian Daniels

    DEFENSE (26)

    DE (4): Jared Allen, Ray Edwards, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell

    DT (5): Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Fred Evans, Letroy Guion, Jimmy Kennedy

    LB (7): Chad Greenway, Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Erin Henderson, Heath Farwell, Jasper Brinkley, Kenny Onatolu

    CB (5): Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Benny Sapp, Asher Allen, Karl Paymah

    S (5): Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, Eric Frampton, Jamarca Sanford

    SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

    K: Ryan Longwell

    P: Chris Kluwe

    LS: Cullen Loeffler

    * At the end, I think Young knows the system better so he gets the nod over Johnson and they hope Ian clears to the practice squad.
    * I think they SHOULD keep Tarvaris, but financially ... they will go without him.
    * I think for special teams sake they keep the five Ss and 7 LBs. This leaves them with only 5 wideouts and I think that Jaymar is the odd man out. Hopefully he clears to practice squad.
    * I could see them go with just the 8 o-lineman, but I find it unlikely. If this is done they keep 6 WRs.
    * I think Paymah make the squad over McCauley because they brought him in specifically for special teams and are not going to let him go.
    * I think they end up going with the extra DT and 26 on defense and 24 on offense because they don't want to let Kennedy or Guion go anywhere else.

  8. #18
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    Here is my shot at the roster prediction game.
    I think this is the way it should go down based on the performance of the players that I've seen.

    OFFENSE (25)

    QB (3): Brett Favre, Tarvaris Jackson, Sage Rosenfels

    RB (3): Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Ian Johnson

    FB (1): Naufahu Tahi

    WR (6): Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, Percy Harvin, Darius Reynaud, Jaymar Johnson

    TE (3): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jimmy Kleinsasser, Jeff Dugan

    OL (9): Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie, John Sullivan, Phil Loadholt, Anthony Herrera, Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, John Cooper, Brian Daniels

    DEFENSE (25)

    DE (5): Jared Allen, Ray Edwards, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell, Martail Burnett

    DT (4): Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Fred Evans, Letroy Guion

    LB (7): Chad Greenway, Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Erin Henderson, Heath Farwell, Jasper Brinkley, Kenny Onatolu

    CB (5): Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Benny Sapp, Asher Allen, Karl Paymah

    S (4): Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, Eric Frampton

    SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

    K: Ryan Longwell

    P: Chris Kluwe

    LS: Cullen Loeffler

    * 6 WRs?
    Reynaud and Johnson both showed they belong on this team.
    Both made plays and if either is released the are guaranteed to be snatched up.
    Reynaud can cover kicks as well as return them.
    I also believe we will see a few more 4 and 5 WR sets with Favre around.

    * At DT I think Kennedy will get the axe, even with the suspension hanging over the Williams boys.
    Evans and Guion showed they can play, and Robison and Mitchell can spell those guys on passing downs.

    * I think Onatolu and Herron are both good STs players, so either one could be cut tomorrow.

    * Booty has shown us nothing in live action and TJack does not make much more money and is clearly a better QB right now.
    I think we try to slide him through to the PS.
    If he goes, guess we're drafting a better project next year.

    * I'm not so sure about keeping 5 safeties.
    I think Frampton could go because the coaches seem to dig Sanford.

    Hope I'm right, but I'm sure we all will be surprised by one or two of the cuts tomorrow.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  9. #19
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    I could really see us keep 5 safeties, Hussain, Frampton and Sanford are all excellent special teams players.

    And 5 DTs is a must with the Williams Wall suspension looming.

  10. #20
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,223

    Re: *Official* Predict the 53-man roster thread

    "midgensa" wrote:
    All right ... after the game tonight (which still has a little to go) I have some slight adjustments to make. Changes discussed after ...

    OFFENSE (24)

    QB (3): Brett Favre, Sage Rosenfels, John David Booty

    RB (3): Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Albert Young

    FB (2): Naufahu Tahi, Jeff Dugan

    WR (5): Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, Percy Harvin, Darius Reynaud

    TE (2): Visanthe Shiancoe, Jimmy Kleinsasser

    OL (9): Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie, John Sullivan, Phil Loadholt, Anthony Herrera, Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, John Cooper, Brian Daniels

    DEFENSE (26)

    DE (4): Jared Allen, Ray Edwards, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell

    DT (5): Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Fred Evans, Letroy Guion, Jimmy Kennedy

    LB (7): Chad Greenway, Ben Leber, EJ Henderson, Erin Henderson, Heath Farwell, Jasper Brinkley, Kenny Onatolu

    CB (5): Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Benny Sapp, Asher Allen, Karl Paymah

    S (5): Madieu Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Hussain Abdullah, Eric Frampton, Jamarca Sanford

    SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

    K: Ryan Longwell

    P: Chris Kluwe

    LS: Cullen Loeffler

    * At the end, I think Young knows the system better so he gets the nod over Johnson and they hope Ian clears to the practice squad.
    * I think they SHOULD keep Tarvaris, but financially ... they will go without him.
    * I think for special teams sake they keep the five Ss and 7 LBs. This leaves them with only 5 wideouts and I think that Jaymar is the odd man out. Hopefully he clears to practice squad.
    * I could see them go with just the 8 o-lineman, but I find it unlikely. If this is done they keep 6 WRs.
    * I think Paymah make the squad over McCauley because they brought him in specifically for special teams and are not going to let him go.
    * I think they end up going with the extra DT and 26 on defense and 24 on offense because they don't want to let Kennedy or Guion go anywhere else.
    Did pretty good! Hit the defense and special teams dead on ... and while I missed on an extra o-lineman and only 5 wide ... I said that I thought they might go 8 and 6 ... shit ... nothing to it!
    ;D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2010-11 Roster Analysis Thread
    By jkjuggalo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
  2. *OFFICIAL* Vikings Final Roster cut down thread
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 11:00 AM
  3. The Officailly official thread for everything official
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
  4. The Official Official Thread
    By Potus2028 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM
  5. Official "We Won" Thread
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 08:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •