Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 236 of 236
  1. #231
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If it goes to an uncapped year small market teams like the Vikings will be hosed and big market teams like Dallas and NY etc will be able to sign players just like the Yankees and Red Sox take all of the good players from the Twins when their first contract expires.
    I wonder just how many players & damn good back ups (i.e. robison) will be wanting out of their contracts to go play for high market teams?

    It could get very ugly next year.
    Most of those that can is my guess. And our market doesn't generate the revenue to compete without revenue sharing and not even a new stadium would change that. If they don't reach a revenue sharing deal we will never be able to compete for top veterans and guys like AD will be gone after the 1st contract expires.
    Haven't you read any of the things I've posted about an uncapped year and the extreme restrictions on it?
    It's not going to be a free-for-all.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #232
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If it goes to an uncapped year small market teams like the Vikings will be hosed and big market teams like Dallas and NY etc will be able to sign players just like the Yankees and Red Sox take all of the good players from the Twins when their first contract expires.
    I wonder just how many players & damn good back ups (i.e. robison) will be wanting out of their contracts to go play for high market teams?

    It could get very ugly next year.
    Most of those that can is my guess. And our market doesn't generate the revenue to compete without revenue sharing and not even a new stadium would change that. If they don't reach a revenue sharing deal we will never be able to compete for top veterans and guys like AD will be gone after the 1st contract expires.
    Haven't you read any of the things I've posted about an uncapped year and the extreme restrictions on it?
    It's not going to be a free-for-all.

    =Z=
    I am speaking more in terms of what will happen if they decide not to renew the CBA. We know that Dallas, NE, NY, Washington and other ownership groups no longer want to spread the wealth. What happens if the CBA gets trashed?

  3. #233
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If it goes to an uncapped year small market teams like the Vikings will be hosed and big market teams like Dallas and NY etc will be able to sign players just like the Yankees and Red Sox take all of the good players from the Twins when their first contract expires.
    I wonder just how many players & damn good back ups (i.e. robison) will be wanting out of their contracts to go play for high market teams?

    It could get very ugly next year.
    Most of those that can is my guess. And our market doesn't generate the revenue to compete without revenue sharing and not even a new stadium would change that. If they don't reach a revenue sharing deal we will never be able to compete for top veterans and guys like AD will be gone after the 1st contract expires.
    Haven't you read any of the things I've posted about an uncapped year and the extreme restrictions on it?
    It's not going to be a free-for-all.
    I am speaking more in terms of what will happen if they decide not to renew the CBA. We know that Dallas, NE, NY, Washington and other ownership groups no longer want to spread the wealth. What happens if the CBA gets trashed?
    No football.
    The NFLPA is smart enough to know that getting 250 players paid (5 teams who spend like mad) is not as good as getting 1600 players paid.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #234
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=51959.msg960865#msg960865 date=1245717357]
    If it goes to an uncapped year small market teams like the Vikings will be hosed and big market teams like Dallas and NY etc will be able to sign players just like the Yankees and Red Sox take all of the good players from the Twins when their first contract expires.
    I wonder just how many players & damn good back ups (i.e. robison) will be wanting out of their contracts to go play for high market teams?

    It could get very ugly next year.
    Most of those that can is my guess. And our market doesn't generate the revenue to compete without revenue sharing and not even a new stadium would change that. If they don't reach a revenue sharing deal we will never be able to compete for top veterans and guys like AD will be gone after the 1st contract expires.
    Haven't you read any of the things I've posted about an uncapped year and the extreme restrictions on it?
    It's not going to be a free-for-all.
    I am speaking more in terms of what will happen if they decide not to renew the CBA. We know that Dallas, NE, NY, Washington and other ownership groups no longer want to spread the wealth. What happens if the CBA gets trashed?
    No football.
    The NFLPA is smart enough to know that getting 250 players paid (5 teams who spend like mad) is not as good as getting 1600 players paid.

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    I hope you are right, but I am not as certain about it as I used to be.

  5. #235
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

    [size=13pt]OTA Observations[/size]

    6/24/2009

    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com Writer



    Percy Harvin looks good....

    The QB competition is even at this point....

    Loadholt the leader at RT....

    It’s good to have E.J. Henderson back in the middle....

    There is talent at WR....



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #236
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]OTA Observations[/size]
    6/24/2009
    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com Writer


    Percy Harvin looks good....

    The QB competition is even at this point....

    Loadholt the leader at RT....

    It’s good to have E.J. Henderson back in the middle....

    There is talent at WR....
    Quote from article: "Guys like Jaymar Johnson, Nick Moore, Vinny Perretta and Bobby Williams flashed quite a bit and should have a chance to compete for a roster spot during training camp."
    That's interesting. I've heard alot of good stuff about Jaymar this offseason and I know that Vinny has potentials. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on either one of those guys if we were going to carry 6 receivers this year.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Similar Threads

  1. The Officailly official thread for everything official
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
  2. The Official Official Thread
    By Potus2028 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM
  3. official MLB thread
    By snowinapril in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
  4. Official "We Won" Thread
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 08:36 PM
  5. The Official "We win" Thread
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 12:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •