so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Thursday OTA Notebook[/size]

6/4/2009

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Tarvaris Jackson bounced back well from an early interception to lead the offense down the field for a touchdown. Jackson’s first snap in a team 2-minute drill was intercepted by LB E.J. Henderson. After that, however, Jackson looked sharp in leading the offense down the field. He was 5 of 6 during the drill, completing passes to Bernard Berrian, Visanthe Shiancoe and Albert Young. A 30-some-yard strike to Berrian is what got the offense to the goal line. A couple of plays later, Jackson made it into the endzone for a score just prior to time running out.

Veteran Sage Rosenfels didn’t see the same success in his turn under center, as a couple of dropped passes and incorrect routes killed his drive. This is not indicative of how Rosenfels has looked during OTAs. He has been sharp for most of his work, hitting receivers with accuracy and getting rid of the ball in a timely manner

Nice to see that both QBs are doing well.
    All three QB's are showing progress within the system.
    I would include (John David) Booty in there doing some great things that he couldn’t have even thought about doing last year in terms of orchestrating the offense.”

Let's not glance over the pick by Henderson either.
    It's a very positive report so far, although it's not that difficult to look good during the OTA's.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Sid Hartman: Vikings newcomers show early promise[/size]

Two rookies and two new starters have wasted little time getting into the flow, coach Brad Childress says.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

Last update: June 6, 2009 - 11:42 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

Two rookies and two new starters have wasted little time getting into the flow, coach Brad Childress says.

Started with this one, however, thanks in advance for all the reads.
    Gonna wade through them this morning......

"[Sullivan]'s kind of the guy that directs that whole offensive line. I haven't seen him miss a beat at all," Childress said.
    I like what I'm hearing on Sully and his line calls.
    It is what worried me the most out of the shift.

Course, some still contend that the C doesn't do things like this.
    ;D ;D ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

On the play, Johnson was running step-for-step with a defensive back down the middle of the field. The pass was thrown high and deep, and as soon as Johnson spotted the ball in the air, he turned on what seemed to be another gear and was able to catch up to the ball, run under it and haul it in as he ran into the endzone and away from the defender. It was a nice grab by him, and it was also convenient because he made the play right in front of Vikings VP of Player Personnel Rick Spielman.

“I can’t think of anybody that’s (worked harder),” Childress said.
    “He was right back in there in the weight room (after the 2008 season), taking care of himself (and) taking care of what he needs to take care off. He is in meetings that he doesn’t have to be in with the rookies. I mean he is on a mission.”
    It stuff like that which will get JJ to the PS this year over DR IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    On the play, Johnson was running step-for-step with a defensive back down the middle of the field. The pass was thrown high and deep, and as soon as Johnson spotted the ball in the air, he turned on what seemed to be another gear and was able to catch up to the ball, run under it and haul it in as he ran into the endzone and away from the defender. It was a nice grab by him, and it was also convenient because he made the play right in front of Vikings VP of Player Personnel Rick Spielman.

“He was right back in there in the weight room (after the 2008 season), taking care of himself (and) taking care of what he needs to take care off. He is in meetings that he doesn’t have to be in with the rookies. I mean he is on a mission.”

It's stuff like that which will push guys like AA, and Wade into a fight to stay on the roster period. I really think Wade may be seeing the door if these kids keep improving. Allison just doesn't seem to want it as bad as Johnson, or DR. And with Holt in the mix now, some tough decisions are going to be made down the road.

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

It's stuff like that which will push guys like AA, and Wade into a fight to stay on the roster period. I really think Wade may be seeing the door if these kids keep improving. Allison just doesn't seem to want it as bad as Johnson, or DR. And with Holt in the mix now, some tough decisions are going to be made down the road.
    This guy isn't pushing B-wade.
    Maybe AA, but not B-wade.

Take a look at it from a contractual and production standpoint.
    Harvin is B-wades replacement as PH will have mastered the route trees by then (one of his weak points coming out) and B-wades contract will/would be up.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

"[Sullivan]'s kind of the guy that directs that whole offensive line. I haven't seen him miss a beat at all," Childress said.

;D ;D ;D
    Nope, some just said that it's impossible to tell the difference between a bad line call and a missed assignment, so to blame every missed assignment on the center is bullshit.

Good to hear good things about Sully. I guess the KC scrimmages are the next step?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D ;D ;D
    Nope, some just said that it's impossible to tell the difference between a bad line call and a missed assignment, so to blame every missed assignment on the center is kaka del rio.
    Good to hear good things about Sully. I guess the KC scrimmages are the next step?
    Nope, there was actually several who said the C doesn't make anything like a line call.
    Different crowd than the one you speak of.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D ;D ;D
    Nope, some just said that it's impossible to tell the difference between a bad line call and a missed assignment, so to blame every missed assignment on the center is kaka del rio.
    Nope, there was actually several who said the C doesn't make anything like a line call.
    Earlier today over at Viking Update, Bob Lurtsema (don't worry mods, I'm not going to directly quote him) had some comments from OTA about Sullivan.
    Given the caveat that they are not wearing pads yet, so it is a little more difficult to evaluate OL fairly without some hitting, he wasn't overly impressed with Sullivan.
    Kinda so-so.
    Loadholt on the other hand he found to be very light on his feet for such a big guy and pointed out how strength was more important for RT rather than LT because LT faced lighter, faster ends.
    So until training camp, jury is still out on Sullivan.

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D ;D ;D
    Earlier today over at Viking Update, Bob Lurtsema (don't worry mods, I'm not going to directly quote him) had some comments from OTA about Sullivan.
    Given the caveat that they are not wearing pads yet, so it is a little more difficult to evaluate OL fairly without some hitting, he wasn't overly impressed with Sullivan.
    Kinda so-so.
    Loadholt on the other hand he found to be very light on his feet for such a big guy and pointed out how strength was more important for RT rather than LT because LT faced lighter, faster ends.
    So until training camp, jury is still out on Sullivan.
    Someone made the same comments/observations someplace else as well my friend.
    Thanks.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast