Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: The Official Marrdro's 7 Round Mock Draft for 2011

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095072
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095068
    Couldn't help but notice you were able to force the hands of the other GM's and get your DT in our slot.
    BTW how did Fairley do in the senior bowl and other games against top competition? My signal is too slow to look it up this afternoon, and I don't remember.
    And if you are going to run this draft get Dareus for us for cryin out loud.
    I'f been resisting putting him in there at 12 with every ounce of my being because everyone would think I did it cause of how much I love the bigs, but this isn't the case.

I think ultimately there is going to be a move above us to get someone that is going to cause him to get to us. That move, I believe is going to take one (or possibly both) of the other 2 I think might be worth taking here.....

Locker, Prince and Julio. That is of course based on Gabbert, Dareus and Peterson all go as well.

This is from CBS.com draft player analysis but echo's what most sites say about him.....

2010 Season
    Recorded 60 tackles, including a school-record 24.0 tackles for loss, with 11.5 quarterback sacks. Consensus All-American in 2010 and was named the Southeastern Conference Defensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press. In Auburn's BCS National Championship Game victory over Oregon, Fairley had five tackles including three for loss and a sack while garnering defensive MVP honors
    Some other things I've learned about him.......Has been called a dirty player. Damn I like a little Nasty on the field.

Alot of the knock on him had a bit to do with him being lazy. He worked hard, lost some weight and seems to be more alert after the figured out he had sleep apnea.

Don't know about you, but you get me in a class room, after a workout, wihtout getting good sleep and I'm gonna look lazy as well.

Long story short, I'd rather have Dareus adn Phil Taylor, but not by much.
    Had to bust your chops on that one.

If Fairley drops to 12 and we take him I will be high fiving everyone. Two months ago he was considered the top 1 or 2 players in the draft. That was when the players were judged by how they had played on the field.
    He would be a huge steal for us. Dareus would be great but he has not slipped on any boards. I'd rather have Fairley than Taylor. here's to hoping Fairley drops to us and we actually use the pick
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "mad-dog_six-eight" #1095089
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095086
    Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1095085
    That should make FA's cheaper then whenever they come available right.

Counter the herd, don't be the herd.
    You know, thats a discussion I've only heard touched a bit.

Can't remember who it was but they were saying how some of the FA vets are getting pissy cause they know if a team that needs a cat from the position he plays, might not get as big a payday if that team takes a high pick instead.
    That just reminds me of Sidney, Why don't we just draft a WR in the first if our QB isn't there and give ole Sidney the heave-ho.

That is the only scenario that i would personally be ok with not drafting a QB in the first.

and i've watched Stanzi, he was ok in college but the NFL will tear him apart. Mark my words, he will never be even a decent player in the pro ranks (that includes AFL, UFL, CFL, etc.)
    Uhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhhmy: , don't let my good friend Purple Floyd hear you type stuff like that. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095094
    Couldn't help but notice you were able to force the hands of the other GM's and get your DT in our slot.
    BTW how did Fairley do in the senior bowl and other games against top competition? My signal is too slow to look it up this afternoon, and I don't remember.
    I'f been resisting putting him in there at 12 with every ounce of my being because everyone would think I did it cause of how much I love the bigs, but this isn't the case.

I think ultimately there is going to be a move above us to get someone that is going to cause him to get to us. That move, I believe is going to take one (or possibly both) of the other 2 I think might be worth taking here.....

Locker, Prince and Julio. That is of course based on Gabbert, Dareus and Peterson all go as well.

This is from CBS.com draft player analysis but echo's what most sites say about him.....

2010 Season
    Recorded 60 tackles, including a school-record 24.0 tackles for loss, with 11.5 quarterback sacks. Consensus All-American in 2010 and was named the Southeastern Conference Defensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press. In Auburn's BCS National Championship Game victory over Oregon, Fairley had five tackles including three for loss and a sack while garnering defensive MVP honors
    Some other things I've learned about him.......Has been called a dirty player. Damn I like a little Nasty on the field.

Alot of the knock on him had a bit to do with him being lazy. He worked hard, lost some weight and seems to be more alert after the figured out he had sleep apnea.

Don't know about you, but you get me in a class room, after a workout, wihtout getting good sleep and I'm gonna look lazy as well.

If Fairley drops to 12 and we take him I will be high fiving everyone. Two months ago he was considered the top 1 or 2 players in the draft. That was when the players were judged by how they had played on the field.
    He would be a huge steal for us. Dareus would be great but he has not slipped on any boards. Taylor should be available mid round two. I'd rather have Fairley. here's to hoping Fairley drops to us and we actually use the pick
    I wonder if a kid has ever slipped that far cause of sleep apnea?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095103
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095094

2010 Season

He would be a huge steal for us. Dareus would be great but he has not slipped on any boards. Taylor should be available mid round two. I'd rather have Fairley. here's to hoping Fairley drops to us and we actually use the pick
    I wonder if a kid has ever slipped that far cause of sleep apnea?
    My bad. He (Taylor)is projected higher although his position on the top 100 board I was checking has him as the 50th player. I like Nat'l Football Post. Sounds like Prince is slipping down boards fast today. The hair had him down to the twenties.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Let's get this fricken thing going already.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456