Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Re: The Official Marrdro's 7 Round Mock Draft for 2011

Wow I admire the effort and time you took into making this mock draft. 7 rounds is ridiculous and kudos to you. However I think if there is one thing you should change it should be the first and third pick. Yup Newton first, Gabbert third.

Here's a couple of comments Ron Rivera made on Newton:

Panthers coach Ron Rivera told Cam Newton's adviser Warren Moon that he's "convinced" the Auburn quarterback is a good enough passer to be worthy of the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. "I've seen all I need to see as far as him throwing a football," Rivera told Moon. "I'm already convinced." Moon emerged from the conversation believing that Carolina is "sold" on Newton, and that they've "locked onto" him as the top pick in the draft. "It's just a matter of whether they want to go defense or offense," added Moon. "If they go quarterback, it'll be Cam."

"As far as skill set goes, the young man has tremendous physical talents," Rivera said. "He's got natural size, the ability to run, a tremendous arm, and a pretty good pocket presence already. He's well on his way, but again, we've got to go through that process. We're going to be at his workout, we'll bring him in obviously and visit with him and go through that whole process to get a feel for what he already knows and how well he'll learn."

And here was something I found about what Buddy Nix (bills) had to say about Gabbert:

"People don't realize - they talk about what a good athlete Cam Newton is, which he is, but Gabbert is a very similar athlete," said Nix.

There's some information that should help you with editing your mock draft over the next 3 weeks!!! Good luck
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Love the mock...but i think this year everyone is in for a shock.
    I believe that most teams realize that Cam and Gabbett will be gone( in that order BTW) and they will rather take an elite prospect in Round 1 than a 2nd round QB @ 9, 10 or 11. I expect a third QB to come off the board @ 25.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093134
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093075
    Round 2
    39 7. Tennessee Ricky Stanzi, QB
    That would suck.
    I ran the first 3 rounds 5 times. For the most part, they all fell about the same way I have them now with Stanzi being a pretty hot commodity. Suffice it to say, he, like all of them, have lots of interest from several teams.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1093135
    Awesome, Marrdro! It's a little late so I only took a quick glance at it, but I'm looking forward to read it in the morning tomorrow.
    No worries. I've been working on it for about 3 weeks (off and on). Couldn't seem to dedicate alot of time to it this year like I have in the past.

I think the lack of FA hurts a bit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1093139
    Wow I admire the effort and time you took into making this mock draft. 7 rounds is ridiculous and kudos to you. However I think if there is one thing you should change it should be the first and third pick. Yup Newton first, Gabbert third.

Here's a couple of comments Ron Rivera made on Newton:

Panthers coach Ron Rivera told Cam Newton's adviser Warren Moon that he's "convinced" the Auburn quarterback is a good enough passer to be worthy of the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. "I've seen all I need to see as far as him throwing a football," Rivera told Moon. "I'm already convinced." Moon emerged from the conversation believing that Carolina is "sold" on Newton, and that they've "locked onto" him as the top pick in the draft. "It's just a matter of whether they want to go defense or offense," added Moon. "If they go quarterback, it'll be Cam."

"As far as skill set goes, the young man has tremendous physical talents," Rivera said. "He's got natural size, the ability to run, a tremendous arm, and a pretty good pocket presence already. He's well on his way, but again, we've got to go through that process. We're going to be at his workout, we'll bring him in obviously and visit with him and go through that whole process to get a feel for what he already knows and how well he'll learn."

And here was something I found about what Buddy Nix (bills) had to say about Gabbert:

"People don't realize - they talk about what a good athlete Cam Newton is, which he is, but Gabbert is a very similar athlete," said Nix.

There's some information that should help you with editing your mock draft over the next 3 weeks!!! Good luck
    Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

Like I said before, I've run it several times. Believe it or not, I have Newton at the top more times than not.

Truth of the matter is, I had to make alot of assumptions when it came to were the QB's might go, mostly because of the lack of FA and what is/will happen with Kolb.

I have a few teams not taking QB's early when I think they might.

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1093140
    Love the mock...but i think this year everyone is in for a shock.
    I believe that most teams realize that Cam and Gabbett will be gone( in that order BTW) and they will rather take an elite prospect in Round 1 than a 2nd round QB @ 9, 10 or 11. I expect a third QB to come off the board @ 25.
    Thanks Kevon. Truth is, I think this is probably my worst attempt ever. For some reason my heart wasn't in it like it normally is.

As to the QB's. I agree. One of my runs I did, I had 9 QB's gone by 25 and that was without trades.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093149
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093134
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093075
    Round 2
    39 7. Tennessee Ricky Stanzi, QB
    That would suck.
    I ran the first 3 rounds 5 times. For the most part, they all fell about the same way I have them now with Stanzi being a pretty hot commodity. Suffice it to say, he, like all of them, have lots of interest from several teams.
    But I would have graded your draft higher if you had him going to the Vikings in the 2nd. :laugh:

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

There's no way that we don't address the offensive line in the draft.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1093234
    There's no way that we don't address the offensive line in the draft.
    excellent point.

With the draft likely happening before free agency if/when that happens, we can't rely on picking somebody up as a FA. Gotta draft one. I'm not sure who's available in the 2nd or third at interior line, but that would be a good time to grab somebody.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't see us taking anyone until the 4th. not that it isn't a need but at 12 there is better value in other positions and in the 2nd I think they will look to DB's and QB if they didn't address it at 12.

I would have said the 3rd but damn you Childress.......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast