Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Official "List of Work Outs and Interviews"

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1091828
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091758
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1091757
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091754
    Quote Originally Posted by "stackithigh" #1091739
    Solidify a shaky Defensive backfield with the 12th pick, or add another 8yr starter to the O-line. Beef up and see where a fresh young Joe Webb takes us. =)
    The two DB's worth taking at 12 will be gone. All the Olinemen seem to be reaches at 12.

Webb, again, as much as you like him, is nothing more than a project now. Like it or not, teams have tape on him now and will rattle his cage if he gets to start next year.

On a side note, even if we do draft a QB with the 12th pick, that cat will be in the same boat as young Webb.
    Thats why we need to bring in a vet. Draft a young talented rookie, then let him sit and learn the way hes supposed to be doing
    What Vet?

McNabb takes a pick.
    Orton takes a pick.
    Palmer (if they let him have his way which I doubt) takes a pick (or 2)
    Bulger? Alot of teams will be after him.
    Hasslebeck? Same as Bulger.

In short, not enough to go around and now the whole CBA thing is preventing us from working something out.

In the end, I think we are gonna see someone very young under Center this year.
    Umm, when teams want something, they're willing to give up something they possess to attain it. It's called trading, bargaining or buying. Whatever wording you like.

There's no reason at all we can't give up a pick for McNabb or Kolb or Palmer.

None. Just because vet's dont fall out of the sky, then decide they want to be Vikings (Favre) every season doesn't mean we can't get one.

If you want something bad enough, you can get it. Like mommy used to say, you can do anything you set your mind to. If they wanted Manning bad enough they could get him.
    Even though I'm still PO'd at you I will reply......

Sure you can do anything you want, but at some point sanity has to prevail and you do whats best for the team based on the big picture.

In short, it would be asinine to give up 2 picks for a QB and still have issue with respect to depth at 2 or 3 positions, that you could address with those picks.

Case in point. Deadskins. Look at what they can/can't do this year in the draft with only 2 picks in the first 4 rounds.

That, not my friend anymore, is asinine and why the Deadskins will always suck.

On a side note, the "Heat" are a prime example of what loading up a roster full of "Me Me" talent instead of building a "Team".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Former Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert, whom many regard as the top quarterback — and possibly the top pick — in the 2011 NFL draft, has had a busy couple of days. Dave Matter of the Columbia (Mo.) Daily Tribune reports that Gabbert had dinner Thursday night with Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman and head coach Leslie Frazier.

On Friday, Gabbert will review film with the Vikings at the team’s facility. (At some point, we suspect Gabbert will blurt out, “Man, your quarterback from last year looks just like my grandpa.”)
    Gabbert has Thursday dinner with Vikes, Friday lunch with PFT

Hmmmmm, I guess they are just doing their due dilegence in case he slips to 12, which, by the way, I don't think will happen.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1091895
    Sounds like a good fit. Plays both CB and S. If you look at our roster, it is littered with players like that in the secondary. Also tracks with the stuff Leslie said a year or so ago when he commented that we don't have a FS and SS but rather two S's that can play FS.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ryan-Mallett-to-visit-Bengals-Vikings-work-out-for-Dolphins.html

Ryan Mallet's turn to get the attention of the Vikings.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Quote Originally Posted by "FuadFan" #1092015
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ryan-Mallett-to-visit-Bengals-Vikings-work-out-for-Dolphins.html

Ahhhhhhh, Fuad, one of my favorite posters.........How have things been my friend.

Great read.

"I didn't say I have a first round grade on him," Mayock said. "I said that I've got four guys with first round ability. To me there is a distinction there, and people just assume when I say that I think he's a first round guy. Here's what Ryan Mallet is. Ryan Mallett has unbelievable, God-given ability to throw a football. And when he has clear pocket and clear vision, there is nobody in the game better. Comes from an offense where you can see him drop back under center, you can see him play action. And there are two plays in the Georgia game that to me summarize this kid, back to back throws. The first play he throws a 35-yard post against Georgia that was on the line the whole way. Thirty-five yards, on a line, he hit his receiver right in the helmet. It was an unbelievably difficult throw, and he made it look easy.

"Literally the next play on a seven-yard hitch, he made a throw where three Georgia players touched it. An under guy, a linebacker coming under, and a corner from behind. It was one of the worst decisions in throws I've seen on back to back throws. That is the problem with this kid. Every time I get excited he does something from a decision making or an accuracy perspective that bothers me. The common denominator is when he goes bad it's because of pressure in the pocket. When he can't step up, when he can't see, when he doesn't have clear vision, I believe his production goes way down. Having said all of those things, I would be very concerned about taking him in the first round."
    Mayock broke this down during the combine (actually showed the tape of the plays).

My biggest question/comment is, that most QB's do worse when the pocket is collapsing and they can't see.

Is the degradation that Mallet Head has worser or about the same for QB's.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092022

Ahhhhhhh, Fuad, one of my favorite posters.........How have things been my friend.

Great read.

"I didn't say I have a first round grade on him," Mayock said. "I said that I've got four guys with first round ability. To me there is a distinction there, and people just assume when I say that I think he's a first round guy. Here's what Ryan Mallet is. Ryan Mallett has unbelievable, God-given ability to throw a football. And when he has clear pocket and clear vision, there is nobody in the game better. Comes from an offense where you can see him drop back under center, you can see him play action. And there are two plays in the Georgia game that to me summarize this kid, back to back throws. The first play he throws a 35-yard post against Georgia that was on the line the whole way. Thirty-five yards, on a line, he hit his receiver right in the helmet. It was an unbelievably difficult throw, and he made it look easy.

"Literally the next play on a seven-yard hitch, he made a throw where three Georgia players touched it. An under guy, a linebacker coming under, and a corner from behind. It was one of the worst decisions in throws I've seen on back to back throws. That is the problem with this kid. Every time I get excited he does something from a decision making or an accuracy perspective that bothers me. The common denominator is when he goes bad it's because of pressure in the pocket. When he can't step up, when he can't see, when he doesn't have clear vision, I believe his production goes way down. Having said all of those things, I would be very concerned about taking him in the first round."
    Mayock broke this down during the combine (actually showed the tape of the plays).

My biggest question/comment is, that most QB's do worse when the pocket is collapsing and they can't see.

I remember the Georgia game, he torched us all day.. That arm was amazing..

I think that Mallett imobility and the fact that he is a big guy, will lead him to learn to step up in the pocket and fire a pass down field along with taking a big hit..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1092027
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092022

Great read.

I remember the Georgia game, he torched us all day.. That arm was amazing..

I think that Mallett imobility and the fact that he is a big guy, will lead him to learn to step up in the pocket and fire a pass down field along with taking a big hit..
    Don't get me wrong. At this stage of the game I don't think any of the top 5 QB's are any better than each other.

What I think is that all of them have issues of one sort or another and the team(s) that take them better be ready to deal with those issues especially when it comes to 3 years down the road and a few of them are still struggling.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5112

Today Muhammad Wilkerson told us teams have spoken with him about playing defensive tackle, defensive end and being used as a two-gap end at the next level- just about all the defensive line positions except nose tackle. Insiders told us if the draft were held today smart money is on the New Orleans Saints selecting the talented prospect. We posted earlier today on twitter that Wilkerson has upcoming workouts with the Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens. We can also tell you he will be visiting the Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings.
    Other info on Muhammad Wilkerson.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=77671
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Quote Originally Posted by "FuadFan" #1092213
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5112

Today Muhammad Wilkerson told us teams have spoken with him about playing defensive tackle, defensive end and being used as a two-gap end at the next level- just about all the defensive line positions except nose tackle. Insiders told us if the draft were held today smart money is on the New Orleans Saints selecting the talented prospect. We posted earlier today on twitter that Wilkerson has upcoming workouts with the Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens. We can also tell you he will be visiting the Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings.
    Other info on Muhammad Wilkerson.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=77671
    Wow, I've been missing out on this cat. CDS has him listed as coming out in 2012.

CDS Scouting report

Anyway, thanks Fuad. A very interesting prospect to say the least. I need to see were the other pages project him at.

Strengths
    Exceptionally productive as a defensive tackle. Can penetrate into the backfield to disrupt both the run and pass. Great size and mobility - gets his hands up and will bat down passes. Able to split the double-team. Great lower-body strength.
    Weaknesses
    Can benefit from more game experience. Sometimes overpursues and takes himself out of his gap responsibility. Needs to demonstrate same success against elite linemen.
    Projection
    4-5th round depending on testing and pro day results. Excellent 40 time at Combine has his draft stock rising. He showed good athleticism in the drills and events.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast