Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Official "List of Work Outs and Interviews"

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091694
    Any word on Ryan Mallet? He's the x-factor for me. If he can convince the scouts that he doesn't have drug problems, and isn't an idiot, I think he would be the steal of the draft in the 2nd round.
    Everything I read says he is the best passer in this draft class(in all categories, arm strength, accuracy, and mechanics). Not sure if anyone noticed but passing is the most important part of the QB position. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady can't run a 40 either, but they can consistantly hit there spots down field.
    I think there are going to be enough questions about him for him to be there at 12 for us. Just a feeling.

Based on what we did with PH, I don't think it would be out of the question for Spielman to take him at 12.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1091718
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091694
    Any word on Ryan Mallet? He's the x-factor for me. If he can convince the scouts that he doesn't have drug problems, and isn't an idiot, I think he would be the steal of the draft in the 2nd round.
    Everything I read says he is the best passer in this draft class(in all categories, arm strength, accuracy, and mechanics). Not sure if anyone noticed but passing is the most important part of the QB position. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady can't run a 40 either, but they can consistantly hit there spots down field.

My friend, you also have to be able to make the reads and have a good pocket presence (especially in Minnesota). Mallet to me seems like he has all the tools to be a great quarterback, but I still have doubts about his pocket presence, ability to read defenses, and poise. However I think he does have a lot of upside but I don't feel he's worthy of the 12th pick. But like you said he may be the next Drew Brees (drafted second round).
    That, along with the suspected drug use, seems to be the biggest knock on him.

Could it be a link that we brought in a new QB coach and a O-coord that is a QB coach at best, cause we are going to work on a talented kid like Mallet head to help him learn that stuff?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "stackithigh" #1091739
    Solidify a shaky Defensive backfield with the 12th pick, or add another 8yr starter to the O-line. Beef up and see where a fresh young Joe Webb takes us. =)
    The two DB's worth taking at 12 will be gone. All the Olinemen seem to be reaches at 12.

Webb, again, as much as you like him, is nothing more than a project now. Like it or not, teams have tape on him now and will rattle his cage if he gets to start next year.

On a side note, even if we do draft a QB with the 12th pick, that cat will be in the same boat as young Webb.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091754
    Solidify a shaky Defensive backfield with the 12th pick, or add another 8yr starter to the O-line. Beef up and see where a fresh young Joe Webb takes us. =)
    The two DB's worth taking at 12 will be gone. All the Olinemen seem to be reaches at 12.

Webb, again, as much as you like him, is nothing more than a project now. Like it or not, teams have tape on him now and will rattle his cage if he gets to start next year.

On a side note, even if we do draft a QB with the 12th pick, that cat will be in the same boat as young Webb.
    Thats why we need to bring in a vet. Draft a young talented rookie, then let him sit and learn the way hes supposed to be doing

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1091757

Thats why we need to bring in a vet. Draft a young talented rookie, then let him sit and learn the way hes supposed to be doing
    What Vet?

McNabb takes a pick.
    Orton takes a pick.
    Palmer (if they let him have his way which I doubt) takes a pick (or 2)
    Bulger? Alot of teams will be after him.
    Hasslebeck? Same as Bulger.

In short, not enough to go around and now the whole CBA thing is preventing us from working something out.

In the end, I think we are gonna see someone very young under Center this year.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091758

What Vet?

McNabb takes a pick.
    Orton takes a pick.

In short, not enough to go around and now the whole CBA thing is preventing us from working something out.

No reason to not trade McNabb for a future 4th. Not now of course but after this is all squared away.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Has anyone heard any info about how some of the Vikings private workout are going and what they are doing since the team currently has its regular roster players locked out..... is Mike Singletary running any routes to test some of these QB's. I've heard the Panthers have had Ricky Proehl(now one of their coaches) running routes for guys they are working out.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What Vet?

McNabb takes a pick.
    Orton takes a pick.

Umm, when teams want something, they're willing to give up something they possess to attain it. It's called trading, bargaining or buying. Whatever wording you like.

There's no reason at all we can't give up a pick for McNabb or Kolb or Palmer.

None. Just because vet's dont fall out of the sky, then decide they want to be Vikings (Favre) every season doesn't mean we can't get one.

If you want something bad enough, you can get it. Like mommy used to say, you can do anything you set your mind to. If they wanted Manning bad enough they could get him.

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1091807

What Vet?

McNabb takes a pick.
    Orton takes a pick.

No reason to not trade McNabb for a future 4th. Not now of course but after this is all squared away.
    I hear ya my friend, but you know me, I watch alot of football. Not saying you don't, but Dnabb was off with his throws last year.

I am sure some of it can be attributed to his recievers, but some of those throws were just flat off. You know the ones I am talking about,.....

The ones were it appears the QB (drop back timing) and WR (broke off stem) were on the same page with their site read and the ball was off the front shoulder when the WR was looking back shoulder.

In short, I was very excited that we would get Dnabb this year, now, not so much. Atleast not if it involves a pick of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1091808
    Has anyone heard any info about how some of the Vikings private workout are going and what they are doing since the team currently has its regular roster players locked out..... is Mike Singletary running any routes to test some of these QB's. I've heard the Panthers have had Ricky Proehl(now one of their coaches) running routes for guys they are working out.
    Only thing I've heard, and I can't remember the QB, was that he threw only 30 passes, vice the normal 60, cause there was a shortage of WR's.

My guess is they are using players that are either on the schools team or players that might not have been invited to the combine that want a chance to show stuff to the scouts while they are looking at the QB's.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast