Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Official "List of Work Outs and Interviews"

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1091585
    Per juddzulgad, the Vikings are working out Jake Locker today.
    Someon just sent me this......

NFL source: Jake Locker working out for Vikings today

For some reason I am leary of this kid. Not sure why. Everything I read about him says he should evolve into a NFL caliber QB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1091588
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091471
    Just this morning Dan Pompei of the National Football Post reports that the Vikings are “very interested” in Auburn’s Cam Newton and found him to be “charismatic” at the combine. This report should not be taken lightly with Pompei being a solid insider with over 25 years experience covering football (mostly with the Chicago Bears) and being a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame selectors board. Pompei also states that the entire crew of Frazier, Spielman, Musgrave and new QB coach Craig Johnson will head to Alabama in the near future to spend a day with Newton.
    The Charismatic Cam Newton Has Vikings Very Interested

More on Newton visit. Looks like we are going to him.
    Good, if we're going to go QB this year, He's the guy I'd rather see. H emight not be a great player, he might bust, but he's at least got the ability and skills to be quite good. Best chance for us anyway.
    Admit it, all you want is for them to take a kid in the first.

If they do that, you will back him, if they take one any place else, your not ever gonna like him. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091602
    Just this morning Dan Pompei of the National Football Post reports that the Vikings are “very interested” in Auburn’s Cam Newton and found him to be “charismatic” at the combine. This report should not be taken lightly with Pompei being a solid insider with over 25 years experience covering football (mostly with the Chicago Bears) and being a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame selectors board. Pompei also states that the entire crew of Frazier, Spielman, Musgrave and new QB coach Craig Johnson will head to Alabama in the near future to spend a day with Newton.

Good, if we're going to go QB this year, He's the guy I'd rather see. H emight not be a great player, he might bust, but he's at least got the ability and skills to be quite good. Best chance for us anyway.

If they do that, you will back him, if they take one any place else, your not ever gonna like him. :laugh:
    I want one of the top players, who most likely will be gone in the first.

I think Cam won't make it out of the first, Probably same with Locker. There's only really about 3 I'd want to see as a Viking, Gabbart, Locker or Newton. Gabbart won't make it to us, Locker and Newton should be attainable unless somebody really reaches for one early. The other QB's don't really do anything for me.

If one of htose guys slip out of the first, great, lets get them.

Much like McCoy, I didn't see him slipping all the way to the third, and think that would have been a good pickup with our Gerhart pick.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

As long as they also take Stanzi in the 2nd so when the 1st round guy bombs out that they have a guy to step in and take over i will be OK.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091607
    As long as they also take Stanzi in the 2nd so when the 1st round guy bombs out that they have a guy to step in and take over i will be OK.

I completely agree with you stud I watched Stanzi and the guy is good he's smart which is the quality I look for in a QB... He's going to be the best quarterback in this draft IMO and he could be even better... Vikings need to work this guy out. "THERE'S NOTHING BETTER THAN BEING AMERICAN, SO I MEAN THIS IS THE GREATEST FEELING. IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT, LEAVE IT, USA #1." hahahaha he's a character too...
    None

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Purple Floyd, do you have any other film on Ricky Stanzi other than the youtube videos and clips online?
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1091615
    Purple Floyd, do you have any other film on Ricky Stanzi other than the youtube videos and clips online?
    Nope, just going on blind faith.

And if you don't like it you can leave.:laugh:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1091603
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091602

I want one of the top players, who most likely will be gone in the first.

I think Cam won't make it out of the first, Probably same with Locker. There's only really about 3 I'd want to see as a Viking, Gabbart, Locker or Newton. Gabbart won't make it to us, Locker and Newton should be attainable unless somebody really reaches for one early. The other QB's don't really do anything for me.

If one of htose guys slip out of the first, great, lets get them.

Much like McCoy, I didn't see him slipping all the way to the third, and think that would have been a good pickup with our Gerhart pick.
    Cam won't be around come the 12th pick.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!