VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

The official lack of FA signing vent thread..

I for one am very frustrated at the lack of signings thus far in FA by the Vikings.. It is well known that Kevin Curtis, and that TE from NY visited today.. Both are not signed.. Childress stated last week that Curtis is the cream of the crop for FA WR's, yet he left without a contract..

It is also no secret that Curtis is visiting the Lions tomorrow.. Martz wants Curtis with the Lions, and Curtis is more then willing to play for Martz in Detroit.. So we lack at getting first visits with the top FA's, and when we get one in Curtis, he leaves without a contract.. The only other WR that I know of that the Vikings are going to visit with is Lelie, and that is not until Monday if he doesn't get signed by a different team that is..

Is it me, or are we wasting our time expressing interest in players that we don't need? We don't need Sammy Morris, we have Chester Taylor, and a load full of talented backups.. What we need is O-Line, WR, TE, and now DB's.. The only TE that we interviewed was that dude from NY, and nothing has happened yet.. We have yet to visit with DB, and the only WR that visited left town without a contract.. Anyone else frustrated? Good place to vent, now I feel much better..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The official lack of FA signing thread..

Yeah, I hope that we aren't wasting our time with any of the top FAs...we desperately need to get at least one decent WR in FA...but hopefully a #1 and a #2...as well as a decent TE that can stretch the field.
    We can draft one of the top DEs in April and a good CB or OL prospect in the second round...although drafting a WR in the first (IF we can trade up to get CJ or trade down to get an extra pick and take the next best WR prospect) and/or using our second pick on Anthony Gonzales could be options as well.
    BUT we HAVE to make SOME waves in FA to fill a couple of our holes before the draft!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Normally the agents for guys that are worth a cr@p have a series of interviews set up and won't sign until the visit all the teams (or a team overpays).

Hopefully, as the FA we want continue to test the waters/make the rounds, our offers are good enough that they come back.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Now that we have signed Kevin Curtis I think we should go after another Receiver in FA or draft a guy like Sidney Rice or Dwayne Bowe or Craig Davis or Steve Smith in the draft. I also think we should go after DE White in Free Agency and dump Udeze to save alot of money. Also a QB might be a good thing to go after in the Draft rather then free agency due to the old free agent QBs who are declining in play. Maybe go after Drew Stanton or maybe even Brady Quinn in the first round. Also grab a DB in the 3rd of the draft .

Formerly Viking24

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The official lack of FA signing vent thread..

No.
    The FA just started, so it would be in vain.
    It's tough for me to get too excited or frustrated knowing that we can't really know whether it is or isn't a good signing until years after the draft.
    The FA period is a little easier to get frustrated over because the players have some history, but there are plans in place.
    They are not going to sit on all their salary cap money like in the Redneck McCombs era, if it's not spent now there are other plans in place.....moving up in the draft perhaps?
    Moving down in the draft for more picke, therefore more coinage needed to sign?
    Either way, tough to get to excited or pissed off at this juncture of the offseason.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"ViKing24" wrote:
    Now that we have signed Kevin Curtis.
    Thought I would find something on this, however, I don't believe it is true yet unless I missed it on a web someplace.
    ???
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"ViKing24" wrote:
    Now that we have signed Kevin Curtis I think we should go after another Receiver in FA or draft a guy like Sidney Rice or Dwayne Bowe or Craig Davis or Steve Smith in the draft. I also think we should go after DE White in Free Agency and dump Udeze to save alot of money. Also a QB might be a good thing to go after in the Draft rather then free agency due to the old free agent QBs who are declining in play. Maybe go after Drew Stanton or maybe even Brady Quinn in the first round. Also grab a DB in the 3rd of the draft .

But the fact is, we HAVEN'T SIGNED CURTIS !!!!!

OR anyones else for that matter yet !!!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:

But the fact is, we HAVEN'T SIGNED CURTIS !!!!!

OR anyones else for that matter yet !!!
    V24 is trippin'.
    In another thread he was giving credibility to some moron from the espn boards.
    I think my dreams have more credibility than most of the posters content on the espn boards.
    BTW, I dreamt we signed Curtis today at 4:41 p.m. CST.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

FA is a long process. Don't get your panties in a wad because we didn't sign anyone in the first 24 hours. We'll be fine.

"Ltrey" wrote:
    FA is a long process. Don't get your panties in a wad because we didn't sign anyone in the first 24 hours. We'll be fine.
    I'm wit ya.
    Must have been a bad post.

I have confidence they will do just as good a job this year as last.
    ;D

Some of the teams (49'rs 80Mil) are going abit off the deep end I think