Re: Official ANTI-Veron Davis Thread

Veron Davis has been:

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I bet ned would love that ultra!
    ;-)

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Vernon Davis....who cares?! A TE is for blocking primarily and we have Wiggins and Kleinsasser who, when combined equal the best blocking/catching TE in the league....the Vikes would be stupid to take him in the first round, TE isn't even a need for us! You must not understand how the draft works, let me spell it out for you: Teams evaluate what they need and draft a player accordingly, they don't just take a guy cuz he's strong and athletic, who cares if he isn't needed? I'm not saying that he won't be a good TE, its just that the Vikes don't need one, so get over it.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

We've been through this over and over and he finally quit this argument. He doesn't care about those points as we've told him over and over. His response is that wiggins is crap compared to him and that he would provide our offense with everything it needs to be great i guess. I think he realizes we're right but was just being stubborn about it. Either way his side is done arguing i'm pretty sure.
    ;-)

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I dont know how bad i want the VIKINGS to pick vernon, but those of you who are doubting vernon himself are very very wrong.

Its obvious he's a naturaul beast, he got all the strength, speed and athleticism you could ask for, so therefore the sky is the limit, its been reported he has a great work ethic and his blocking from his sophmore year to his junior year has been improved. He's still only a junior, he's so young, if he does have that work ethic they preach he will be one of the best TE's in this league. Every person who has watched this guy that i have talked to has been more than impressed with his game. He led his team in reception last year and he drags people.

I wouldn't mind him in a vikings uniform i can tell you that much, but i'm not blind, we do have other needs. I dont know why people like ultra are hating on him, napo did not make the greatest points about when he started his post and yes he's very harsh on wiggins for no aparent reason but this guys a beast.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ABOUT VERNON DON'T GO INTO VERNON THREADS.

I think the fact that people disagreed with napo's arguments because they were critical of wiggins and made promises you can't guarantee for Davis. That and how he just kept going on with it caused many to be like that. I don't doubt that Davis will be good, his stats look great. But that's all they are right now is stats.

The fact of the matter is that we do have other needs and that's what everyone is focused on.
    ;-)

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    I think the fact that people disagreed with napo's arguments because they were critical of wiggins and made promises you can't guarantee for Davis. That and how he just kept going on with it caused many to be like that. I don't doubt that Davis will be good, his stats look great. But that's all they are right now is stats.

The fact of the matter is that we do have other needs and that's what everyone is focused on.
    Yeah well you got a bit of a point about the needs of the team but if we are a smart orginization we will fill our needs with resigning our FA's and signing some more non viking free agents to fill our needs. We have 25 million in cap space, get it done, we dont even need to draft for a starter we can draft the best player available. That way if a freak like Vernon is there and the orginization likes him we can take a shot at him. I think its unlikely but I would hate to see the team stretch to get a player.

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:

Yeah well you got a bit of a point about the needs of the team but if we are a smart orginization we will fill our needs with resigning our FA's and signing some more non viking free agents to fill our needs. We have 25 million in cap space, get it done, we dont even need to draft for a starter we can draft the best player available. That way if a freak like Vernon is there and the orginization likes him we can take a shot at him. I think its unlikely but I would hate to see the team stretch to get a player.
    there are always "freaks of nature" in the draft and just because there is one doesnt mean we should trade up to get him. and also free agency is a slippery slope, in the sense that it eats up cap space really quickly, not just this year but in later years of those back-loaded contracts. then you crash and burn like the S.F. Niners.
    I m Down For A Boat Party

straight_party.tripod.com

Good thing is we really dont have that many needa so we shouldn't break the bank anyways.

I'm not talking just about vernon, i'm more interested in who the orginization would like to take if they could pick the one guy they really like, i would hate to see us pass on him for a position we need to fill cause we didn't get it done in FA. Thats my opinion, thats how i would do it.

I guess i don't know what to tell ya after what i've said already. I haven't done the draft research yet to be able to say that we should shoot for this LB or that o-lineman, but those are our pressing needs, and if not that everyone is saying RB but i still think moore can handle that.

I'm not sure who we can get at FA that will really be a stud for us at the linebacker position, which is what we need, and which is what we do not have. We have OK people filling those spots, but nobody that is a proven GREAT player, so much of our defensive issues could be fufilled with that. Just look at the bears, they've got nothing on us with d-line and our DB's are great too, but they have stud lb's. We could have that caliber defense!!

same goes for o-line, that has been our woes this season. The root of daunte's trouble, the root of our problems establishing a running game, and because of the the problem with being able to keep our offense out on the field.

I really really wanna fix these two issues to the best of our ability and get some studs in those positions because this is really all we need to be a serious playoff and even superbowl contender!
    ;-)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast