Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    ajefx is offline Rookie

Re: Official ANTI-Veron Davis Thread

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Boy, i really stirred up a hornet's nest by starting this thread, didn't I? :lol:

One of my better ones, lately...
    While I appreciate the humor of your post, it's really unfortunate that all these Vikings fans now associate the Duke with some idiot on a message board. As a huge VD fan, I'm just trying to set the record straight, since so many of the posts here seem to be made blindly, with no real insight into the situation (oh he's big; he's a bodybuilder, not a football player)

http://rapidshare.de/files/6945408/VD_toss.avi
    that's the only video I can find right now of the Duke in action...I'll look for more (note that this is a typical VD play, not a once-in-a-while play)

EDIT:
    here's another vid:
    http://umterps.collegesports.com/fridgetv/video-iframe.html?&url=http://mfile.akamai.com/16410/wmv/mlbcs.download.akamai.com/16410/open/umd/2005/mfb/video/archive10/100605-vernon-davis-all-american.asx
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

My luck, couldn't get either of them to work for me, i had found the second one looking for a highlight video earlier, all i can do is hear the announcer, no picture.

ajefx is offline Rookie

yeah I had trouble playing the second one on my machine but it worked on another computer fine, go figure!
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

Del Rio Guest

I will say that as far as VD goes I don't know anything about him. I don't hate him and I don't love him. I do know that if we draft a TE I will be pissed, because have some serious issues to take care of.

The coaching staff has gone on record as saying Kliensasser is probably the best blocking TE in all of football, and when we go max pro, he is the difference maker.

Wiggins statistics speak for themselves he is second only to Steve Jordan.
    So even suggesting a TE is kind of crazy, nothing wrong with being crazy, but it should stop at the suggestion.

It shouldn't turn into 3,4,5,6 threads about a guy where you continually blast posters who disagree with you. ESPECIALLY when the ONLY support your giving yourself is HE IS REALLY STRONG! HE'S a BEAST!!!

It's not acceptable.

And no not everyone was on Mike Williams jock last year. But guess who was? Napo and guess what his defense was to people who wanted DJ or Edwards or anyone else...... MIKE WILLIAMS IS A BEAST, well I started not wanting Mike Williams just because I had to hear about this love fest all year. Napo has been around since last season, he cleaned up and got a second chance after getting the boot for this same shit. So feel sympathy for him all you want and suggest we draft a TE all you want, just go about it in a better more intelligent way.

Prophet Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I will say that as far as VD goes I don't know anything about him. I don't hate him and I don't love him. I do know that if we draft a TE I will be pissed, because have some serious issues to take care of.

The coaching staff has gone on record as saying Kliensasser is probably the best blocking TE in all of football, and when we go max pro, he is the difference maker.

So even suggesting a TE is kind of crazy, nothing wrong with being crazy, but it should stop at the suggestion.

It shouldn't turn into 3,4,5,6 threads about a guy where you continually blast posters who disagree with you. ESPECIALLY when the ONLY support your giving yourself is HE IS REALLY STRONG! HE'S a BEAST!!!

It's not acceptable.

And no not everyone was on Mike Williams jock last year. But guess who was? Napo and guess what his defense was to people who wanted DJ or Edwards or anyone else...... MIKE WILLIAMS IS A BEAST, well I started not wanting Mike Williams just because I had to hear about this love fest all year. Napo has been around since last season, he cleaned up and got a second chance after getting the boot for this same pooh. So feel sympathy for him all you want and suggest we draft a TE all you want, just go about it in a better more intelligent way.
    Del, Vernon Davis is a beast and he has a nice tight ass, the Vikings should draft him with their #1 overall pick and if you don't agree with me your are an idiot!

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

It's not acceptable.

And no not everyone was on Mike Williams jock last year. But guess who was? Napo and guess what his defense was to people who wanted DJ or Edwards or anyone else...... MIKE WILLIAMS IS A BEAST, well I started not wanting Mike Williams just because I had to hear about this love fest all year. Napo has been around since last season, he cleaned up and got a second chance after getting the boot for this same pooh. So feel sympathy for him all you want and suggest we draft a TE all you want, just go about it in a better more intelligent way.
    Del, Vernon Davis is a beast and he has a nice tight jiggly butt, the Vikings should draft him with their #1 overall pick and if you don't agree with me your are an idiot!
    I know his mere presence makes defenders tremble. :lol:

Personally I would be more affraid for my life if I met Wiggins in an alley then VD. He is just scary looking, all inked up, from the east side, sure he looks like lurch but wtf.

You just simply cannot judge skill or base an argument on weight lifting statistics. Especially when you are talking a jump between pro and college.

Prophet Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

It's not acceptable.

Del, Vernon Davis is a beast and he has a nice tight jiggly butt, the Vikings should draft him with their #1 overall pick and if you don't agree with me your are an idiot!
    I know his mere presence makes defenders tremble. :lol:

Personally I would be more affraid for my life if I met Wiggins in an alley then VD. He is just scary looking, all inked up, from the east side, sure he looks like lurch but wtf.

You just simply cannot judge skill or base an argument on weight lifting statistics. Especially when you are talking a jump between pro and college.
    LMAO, remember when McKinnie came into the league and people were saying he 'never gave up a sack.' He's a big MOFO. There wasn't a defensive player in the league trembling. They wanted to show that boy how the big boys play the game and it didn't take long before he gave up a sack.

I had no opinion on Vernon Davis before Napo58/Hitstick went off on his rage. His love for the guy didn't even make sense if we needed a TE and didn't have Kleinsasser and Wiggins and the holes that need to be patched on the team. lmao, fun and games in the forum.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112