Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

    C Mac D wrote:
    Honestly, I think a lot of athletes aren't participating in these combines because a lot of players don't want to be drafted by any of the teams in the top 10... most of them are in the early stages of rebuilding.

    McCoy only put up 22 reps on the bench today. Pretty weak, is that all he could really put up? Or did he just want to be drafted later, so he wouldn't have to play for the Lions or Bucs?

    None of the headlining QBs threw, although a lot of that was because of injuries.

    Anyways, just a theory.
    I think that Brady Quinn set or was close a QB record at 26 reps on the bench in his combine. 22 reps is pretty good for a smallish QB, especially with a bum nerve in his shoulder. I am not a McCoy advocate but I think in terms of his bench it eases some of the concerns teams may have on his shoulder.

  2. #42
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

    Floridaís Haden struggles in 40-yard dash
    Posted: March 2nd, 2010 | Jason Feller

    He [Florida's Joe Haden] was unofficially clocked at 4.57 in his first run and 4.60 in his second run, numbers that are not typically associated with the very best defensive backs.
    On the other side of the equation, Wake Forestís Brandon Ghee blazed an unofficial 4.37 40-yard dash, the fastest among all group 10 defensive backs. Tennesseeís Eric Berry unofficially came in second with a 4.40.
    Maybe Eric Berry will be a better cornerback than Joe Haden in the NFL...

  3. #43
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

    slavinator wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Honestly, I think a lot of athletes aren't participating in these combines because a lot of players don't want to be drafted by any of the teams in the top 10... most of them are in the early stages of rebuilding.

    McCoy only put up 22 reps on the bench today. Pretty weak, is that all he could really put up? Or did he just want to be drafted later, so he wouldn't have to play for the Lions or Bucs?

    None of the headlining QBs threw, although a lot of that was because of injuries.

    Anyways, just a theory.
    I think that Brady Quinn set or was close a QB record at 26 reps on the bench in his combine. 22 reps is pretty good for a smallish QB, especially with a bum nerve in his shoulder. I am not a McCoy advocate but I think in terms of his bench it eases some of the concerns teams may have on his shoulder.
    I think C Mac D was talking about Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy. I also thought he was talking about Colt McCoy at first. :laugh:

  4. #44
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

    HEY wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Honestly, I think a lot of athletes aren't participating in these combines because a lot of players don't want to be drafted by any of the teams in the top 10... most of them are in the early stages of rebuilding.

    McCoy only put up 22 reps on the bench today. Pretty weak, is that all he could really put up? Or did he just want to be drafted later, so he wouldn't have to play for the Lions or Bucs?

    None of the headlining QBs threw, although a lot of that was because of injuries.

    Anyways, just a theory.
    I think that Brady Quinn set or was close a QB record at 26 reps on the bench in his combine. 22 reps is pretty good for a smallish QB, especially with a bum nerve in his shoulder. I am not a McCoy advocate but I think in terms of his bench it eases some of the concerns teams may have on his shoulder.
    I think C Mac D was talking about Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy. I also thought he was talking about Colt McCoy at first. :laugh:
    Yup, my bad. Gerald McCoy.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

    C Mac D wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Honestly, I think a lot of athletes aren't participating in these combines because a lot of players don't want to be drafted by any of the teams in the top 10... most of them are in the early stages of rebuilding.

    McCoy only put up 22 reps on the bench today. Pretty weak, is that all he could really put up? Or did he just want to be drafted later, so he wouldn't have to play for the Lions or Bucs?

    None of the headlining QBs threw, although a lot of that was because of injuries.

    Anyways, just a theory.
    I think that Brady Quinn set or was close a QB record at 26 reps on the bench in his combine. 22 reps is pretty good for a smallish QB, especially with a bum nerve in his shoulder. I am not a McCoy advocate but I think in terms of his bench it eases some of the concerns teams may have on his shoulder.
    I think C Mac D was talking about Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy. I also thought he was talking about Colt McCoy at first. :laugh:
    Yup, my bad. Gerald McCoy.
    Yes that is weak then! Suh went 37reps I think. ANyone see Taylor Mays ran a 4.24 unofficial 40 time.

  6. #46
    Sajid28 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    810

    Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

    Jason Feller of NFL.com reports USC safety Taylor Mays was clocked with an unofficial 4.24-second 40-yard dash. If that number holds, it would tie Chris Johnson for the fastest 40 time in the combine since 2000.

    would love to see this guy in purple/gold. but i have a feeling that philly will take him, before he falls to us. i dont see him falling to us at 30.


  7. #47
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

    We need a guy back there who can cover guys. That is the big knock on Mays. Unless we would move him to OLB, I would rather get a different safety later in the draft.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  8. #48
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

    Taylor Mays ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash. That's the official time. It's still the best 40 yard time among all the defensive backs.
    Source: Not record-setting, but Mays still sets DB pace

    Biggest disappointments in the 40 yard dash:
    Cornerback Joe Hayden = 4.57
    Runningback/Wide receiver Dexter McCluster = 4.58

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. The Official 2010 Formula 1 Thread
    By scottishvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 10:34 PM
  2. Official 2010-11 Roster Analysis Thread
    By jkjuggalo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
  3. Official World Cup 2010 Thread
    By gregair13 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 01:21 PM
  4. Official 2008 NFL Scouting Combine thread
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 06:48 PM
  5. MOVED: Official 2008 NFL Scouting Combine thread
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 03:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •