Warning: Non-static method VBSHOUT_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/vbshout/hooks/global_start.php on line 16

Warning: Non-static method INFOPANELS_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/infopanels/hooks/global_start.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49
The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
    Most expected Toby Gerhart to fail in the 40, but Gerhart surprised everyone by running a solid 4.53. He also had a 38-inch vertical.
    One of the cats I added to my list.

Vikes need to look hard at this guy.

Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee
    Montario Hardesty posted very impressive numbers at the Combine. Despite putting on 10 pounds, Hardesty ran a 4.49, and paced all running backs in the vertical (41 inches) and broad jump (10-4). He's a great fit for a zone-blocking team like Houston, Seattle or Washington.
    Walter Football
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"When you look at the quarterback position, you have to be on the same page with what the head coach is looking for," Spielman said. "Even with all the positions. You want to try to go out and get players that specifically fit the skill set that they have to perform in the system they are running."
    Quarterbacks to get long look from Vikings
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

“We have two veterans on the roster, Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels,” Childress said. “We’ll be a good team with Brett or without him.”
    NFL Combine Notes: Favre and a Nittany Lion

The fact of the matter is though, while teams shouldn't be basing their picks on what occurs in Indianapolis, the combine still means something. If it didn't, why would they even bother holding the event? Because besides the all-important face-to-face interviews with prospects, it's an opportunity to compare every athlete under the same controlled environment.
    The Morning Extras: Combine Matters

Marrdro wrote:
    Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
    Bruce Campbell is officially a "great player." Campbell ran a 4.85 at the Combine, which unquestionably got Al Davis' attention. It'll be a huge upset if Campbell isn't drafted No. 8 overall.
    Not sure if he impressed me enough. Dude is sure cut for a man his size, but I still wonder about his desire/committment.

Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU
    The big question with Dennis Pitta was his athleticism. That's no longer the case. Pitta looked great at the Combine, running an impressive 4.63 40.
    TE that Mayock and company gushed all over every chance they could get.

I actually thought he went about his business and made it look pretty easy.

Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana
    Rodger Saffold displayed his athleticism at the Combine, running a 5.22 in the 40 and looking fluid in the drills. He definitely has left tackle potential in the NFL.
    One of many dudes that are now on my radar. Absolutely love how deep this draft is on the OL and DL.

Couldn't pick a better time (IMHO) to shed the weight that is Big Mac.

Case in point...

Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    Where did this come from? Trent Williams somehow ran a 4.88 at the Combine and displayed a lot more athleticism than anticipated.
    Walter Football
    Spot on with Trent Williams, another guy who really impressed me was Mike Iupati from Idaho, and Bruce Campbell from Maryland. There is a ton of depth and talent in this years draft at many positions. We could really bolster our team for years to come if we play our cards right.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I watched this for a little while last weekend and realized that, in comparison, this almost made curling a fun sport to watch.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Prophet wrote:
    I watched this for a little while last weekend and realized that, in comparison, this almost made curling a fun sport to watch.
    You should get the American Dental Channel, this week they're featuring a special on maxillofacial surgery. I've been on the edge of my seat.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Honestly, I think a lot of athletes aren't participating in these combines because a lot of players don't want to be drafted by any of the teams in the top 10... most of them are in the early stages of rebuilding.

McCoy only put up 22 reps on the bench today. Pretty weak, is that all he could really put up? Or did he just want to be drafted later, so he wouldn't have to play for the Lions or Bucs?

None of the headlining QBs threw, although a lot of that was because of injuries.

Anyways, just a theory.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    Honestly, I think a lot of athletes aren't participating in these combines because a lot of players don't want to be drafted by any of the teams in the top 10... most of them are in the early stages of rebuilding.

McCoy only put up 22 reps on the bench today. Pretty weak, is that all he could really put up? Or did he just want to be drafted later, so he wouldn't have to play for the Lions or Bucs?

None of the headlining QBs threw, although a lot of that was because of injuries.

Anyways, just a theory.
    I think you wanna be drafted as high as you can be drafted because this might very well be your only chance to get paid.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

Anyways, just a theory.
    I think you wanna be drafted as high as you can be drafted because this might very well be your only chance to get paid.

=Z=
    I have no doubt I'll be one of the first 10 off the boards, but I'm talking about all the other players.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast