Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:The Official 2010 NFL Combine Thread

Day 3 Schedule; Childress To Meet With Media
    Bout damn time.

Tired of this Spielman guy (who the hell is he) running around saying how he is in charge and what he is gonna do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Lets try to put all of the articles and comments from the combine in one place this year.
    What is it you say about others acting like moderators?

BOX!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Lets try to put all of the articles and comments from the combine in one place this year.
    What is it you say about others acting like moderators?

BOX!

=Z=
    Well played my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Childress said they are evaluating Peterson's fumbling problems. But he doesn't want to change the way Peterson runs.
    Brad Childress sang a little tune at the combine. Drew laughs from reporters.
    VikingsNow (Twitter Thing)
    The Chiller cracks me up.

Childress said he definitely wants to talk to Giants coach Tom Coughlin about what he did to help Barber stop fumbling. #stribvikes
    Childress said Favre is more fixated on limestone at this point.
    Hey there! JuddZulgad is using Twitter.
    Limestone? WTF is watching the grass? hmy:

The Vikings are fully expected to pay K Ryan Longwell a $500,000 roster bonus on March 7.
    Friday morning one-liners
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.....

Marrdro wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Sorry, left this little gem out. Who was the cat who was calling me silly cause I felt that Tebow needed to work under center......

Step 1: Understand the playerís faults

Aside from the rotating offensive coordinator situation, the 49ers didnít understand one of Smithís biggest flaws. He had run a system in college (the Urban Meyer spread formation) that required relatively simple reads. While Smith was good at it, the combination of shifting to a pro-set offense and learning to take the ball from under center was too much for him early on.
    Mayock had a great piece on this last night too.

slavinator wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Sorry, left this little gem out. Who was the cat who was calling me silly cause I felt that Tebow needed to work under center......

Step 1: Understand the playerís faults

Aside from the rotating offensive coordinator situation, the 49ers didnít understand one of Smithís biggest flaws. He had run a system in college (the Urban Meyer spread formation) that required relatively simple reads. While Smith was good at it, the combination of shifting to a pro-set offense and learning to take the ball from under center was too much for him early on.
    Mayock had a great piece on this last night too.
    I could listen to Mayock (and crew) break down players all day.

Truth be told, he has almost swayed me into the Tebow camp. Problem is, I still like what I saw from Zac Robinson and a cat someone here on PPO gave us a tip on (can't remember who)John Skelton out of Forham....

Mayock absolutely raved about those two cats......Unlike the talking heads at ESPN (Todd McShay).

John Skelton, QB, Fordham
    John Skelton measured in at an impressive 6-5, 243. He also has great arm strength, and currently stands as a mid-round sleeper. Todd McShay recently berated Skelton's intangibles and off-the-field issues (sound familiar?), but this seemingly was yet another one of McShay's baseless fabrications.
    On a side note.....Some cats I am a bit leary of after listening this weekend..

Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    Colt McCoy measured in at just 6-1, 216. For a guy whose absolute upside is Kyle Orton, being 6-1 is yet another hurdle to overcome in addition to his weak arm strength and unfamiliarity with a pro-style offense. It's difficult to imagine that McCoy will be selected in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
    Sure the hell hope we don't land him.

Walter Football

Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
    Bruce Campbell is officially a "great player." Campbell ran a 4.85 at the Combine, which unquestionably got Al Davis' attention. It'll be a huge upset if Campbell isn't drafted No. 8 overall.
    Not sure if he impressed me enough. Dude is sure cut for a man his size, but I still wonder about his desire/committment.

Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU
    The big question with Dennis Pitta was his athleticism. That's no longer the case. Pitta looked great at the Combine, running an impressive 4.63 40.
    TE that Mayock and company gushed all over every chance they could get.

I actually thought he went about his business and made it look pretty easy.

Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana
    Rodger Saffold displayed his athleticism at the Combine, running a 5.22 in the 40 and looking fluid in the drills. He definitely has left tackle potential in the NFL.
    One of many dudes that are now on my radar. Absolutely love how deep this draft is on the OL and DL.

Couldn't pick a better time (IMHO) to shed the weight that is Big Mac.

Case in point...

Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    Where did this come from? Trent Williams somehow ran a 4.88 at the Combine and displayed a lot more athleticism than anticipated.
    Walter Football

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast