Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: 2006 Draft - With Vikings eyes

I tell you this Deangelo williams is the real deal but we dont have a high enough draft pick to draft him. The ideal situation for me is to trade culpepper to some team im not sure who because i am not up to date on the culpepper rumors. We trade him and get a good offensive lineman and a high draft pick. With the high draft pick we take Reggie Bush or Deangello Williams. Then with our draft pick we take Vince Young. We bench him like Culpepper for the first year. He is already got the running part down. Young is a better passer and runner than Culpepper. Young learns the ropes from No -Mistake Brad and in a couple of years we have Young who is a combination of Vick and Manning plus Reggie Bush in the Backfield. We would be unstoppiple. What do you guys think about that?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"K-Rob18" wrote:
    I tell you this Deangelo williams is the real deal but we dont have a high enough draft pick to draft him. The ideal situation for me is to trade culpepper to some team im not sure who because i am not up to date on the culpepper rumors. We trade him and get a good offensive lineman and a high draft pick. With the high draft pick we take Reggie Bush or Deangello Williams. Then with our draft pick we take Vince Young. We bench him like Culpepper for the first year. He is already got the running part down. Young is a better passer and runner than Culpepper. Young learns the ropes from No -Mistake Brad and in a couple of years we have Young who is a combination of Vick and Manning plus Reggie Bush in the Backfield. We would be unstoppiple. What do you guys think about that?
    You are banking on a lot of stuff to happen before the draft. I would take Culpepper over Vince Young *ahem michael vick* any day. We will never get reggie bush because he is going number one and we would probably have to give up our own draft pick in the trade leaving us with no quarterback.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

If we indeed would trade C-Pep i think we would trade him for a pick and some other player.. if Vince Young enters, he's a top ten pick i think.. cause he would proberly go to New Orleans as i see it.. so i dont think its possible..

Who gets Bush rely on Texans, cause they will have the top pick.. - and with Carr they dont need a QB.. they need some O-Line.. thats why i see them taking Ferguson, and draft down.. 49'ers i think will get Reggie..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I don't want Young, I have a feeling he's not gonna be very good in the NFL.. could be wrong.. but I doubt it.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Before we talk about trading away our franchise QB lets work on improving the already evident problems...

*******O-line********

-Coaching Staff

-RB issues

Once these problems are solved, you can bet you will see the same Daunte you saw last year.
    ;-)

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Vince Young is a darn good QB. He didnt even really have any WR's at Texas but he still put up impressive numbers.

as far as RB's go, besides Reggie who will be gone bye pick 2, my top 5 backs are

1eangelo Williams
    2:Brian Calhoun
    3:LenDale White
    4:Laurence Maroney
    5:Jerome Harrison

I really dont think LenDale will enter the draft...unless he really thinks hes ready.
    Deangelo is all around great back, and I think we can land him.Not every team ahead of us will be taking a RB.Our draft spot will be somewhere in the teens I beleive (17,18,19) depending on Sunday.I really hope that we go hard after one of these backs, and possibly trade up.

I do not beleive in using our first pick on any OL. Becuase you can get quality OL in later rounds, and we all saw how rookie linemen fair on thier first year (I.E. Marcus)

This team in my god honest opinion is a good RB and good LB from being a force to wreckon with. (not including coaching)

I love the draft and I cant wait till its here, love these threads cuz I get excited thinkin bout all the possibilities.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Official 2006 Draft Thread - With Vikings eyes

WOT

That Calhourn guy - will he enter?.. i havent seen him in any mockdrafts ..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

WOT I agree with you. We are a LB, RB and OT away from the NFL elite IMO. All of these positions we can fill in FA and the draft and i think zygi knows this.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    A couple of running backs I would be looking at is Adrian Peterson and Brain Calhoun. I think we might be able to steal Peterson later in 2nd, possibly 3rd. But Brian Calhoun will fall late to first. Calhoun is a huge power back and was amazing this season for Wisconsin. I absoulotly HATE the badgers, but this guy is all around better ..

LOL!!!! Calhoun a powerback nope your hatred of the badgers is showing on this one. Calhoun is like 5' 9" tall, he is very elusive, think more Barry Sanders, then Jerome Bettis. I agree however he would be a good back to get, but I think if it came down to him or Lendale White. I go with White.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Our draft plan is 100% relient on how our FA pans out. If we can resign guys like Fonoti and pick up a premier running back (if they ever hit the market) like Alexander James or even Lewis then that will eliminate the need for a RB and possibly an OL. Remember we will be around 21 million under the cap again.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast