Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: 2006 Draft - With Vikings eyes

Man, hang that crap. It's never too early to discuss the draft. A serious fan will always be looking ahead no matter how good or bad the team is doing right now.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I think we should go with a RB in the 4th rd.

A running back in the first round depends on what happens with Onterrio. If he's back I'd love for us to get Greenway.

Another name to look at if he's around in the mid-rounds, Nick Reid (ILB-Kansas) would be a solid pick. He was the Big 12 defensive player of the year and an absolute ball-hawk.

[color=red]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It's way too early to think about the draft! Just my opinion though. Talk to me at the end of February.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah too early man! It makes good conversation though.. But i'd rather see us win games and go into the playoffs before I think about the draft.. That's what the offseason is for! Save something to talk about for the offseason

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, no kidding. The offseason gets so long and slow. I am already anticipating my answers for the following posts:

1. What do you do for fun?
    2. What do you do for a living?
    3. What are your favorite movies/songs/cds, etc?
    4. When you wipe do you..............
    5. Numerous different posts about the women on here posting their pics.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Ok, this is going to be the Official and last thread on who we should draft; we have had a ton of these and this thread did not get the "Lock" because skum put a lot of thought into it and it has content.

Good job skum.
    Dude, when I first read that I was like "Wow, Ultra must be pissed about these threads!" and then I scrolled up and saw the dude's name. :lol:

A couple of running backs I would be looking at is Adrian Peterson and Brain Calhoun. I think we might be able to steal Peterson later in 2nd, possibly 3rd. But Brian Calhoun will fall late to first. Calhoun is a huge power back and was amazing this season for Wisconsin. I absoulotly HATE the badgers, but this guy is all around better the lawrance maroney. But I wouldn't care if we didnt go for a rb, and instead for a lb or lineman...possibly quarterback later....Possibly Michael Robinson, Troy Smith, or possibly(desperation) Marcus Vick. But I do agree...we should save some talk for the long offseason!
    Also...Lendale White..This kids got potential big time! He's had to back up reggie bush his whole career at usc and comes up big in relief of reggie..

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

if we talk about this now, what will we talk about when there isnt football to talk about in feburary?

i say we take a oline first round. we need that. and another linebacker 2nd round sounds good to me,.
    We're bringing purple back.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

lets see here should we draft maroney? well his stats killed bush's stats but maroney sucks compared to bush because he isn't on a #1 ranked team, and he don't try to play fancy and thats sad. maroney is a bigger faster version of marion barber. maroney might be a good pick up maybe he can be the next jamal lewis?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Im just going to bring this one back - i just saw that DeAngelo Williams rushed for 200 yds+ in his Bowl game - if we decide to draft an RB.. is he better than Maroney?.. - i really dont know anything about Maroney.. but i have seen Williams a coulpe of times and he has been awesome..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast