Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Observations From Tuesday, July 31

"Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    And it doesn't sound like Bollinger is much better and Thigpen is terrible. Childress, for all his talk about being a quarterback geru, must have his head up his rear.
    We're 3 fricken days into training camp, Cojo.
    Get a grip.

=Z=
    It's TJ who needs to get a grip. He's dropping snaps from center like the ball is a hot potato.
    From the Tribune:
    *In a carryover from Monday afternoon, the offense was sloppy early in practice. Jackson continued to have a problem taking snaps. It’s not clear if he’s distracted by the situation or if he is having an exchange problem with C Matt Birk.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The defense is always ahead of the offense at the beginning of training camp because the offense is harder to master.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    And it doesn't sound like Bollinger is much better and Thigpen is terrible. Childress, for all his talk about being a quarterback geru, must have his head up his rear.
    We're 3 fricken days into training camp, Cojo.
    Get a grip.
    It's TJ who needs to get a grip. He's dropping snaps from center like the ball is a hot potato.

From the Tribune:
    *In a carryover from Monday afternoon, the offense was sloppy early in practice. Jackson continued to have a problem taking snaps. It’s not clear if he’s distracted by the situation or if he is having an exchange problem with C Matt Birk.
    Give him a chance!!!
    3 days into camp!!!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"whackthepack" wrote:
    People it is only training camp don't take the gas pipe yet!

Remember 2 years ago when the defense and the offense both looked
    unstoppable in training camp and C-Pep looked better than he ever has!

Then the season started and the defense sucked and C-pep absolutely sucked until he got hurt.
    So you're telling me we're only going to get worse and starting as we are would mean we are near oakland level.....

that being said, i'm an optimist. I agree that this is only training camp and not a forecast of the year ahead. Seeing as our D is dominant, hopefully TJ gets a taste of the best and will do better against the rest. Plus, i've been a TJ supporter since day 1, and i'd be damned if i back out on him now.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

According to KFAN the scrimmages consisted of a lot of passing plays allowing the defense to really tee-off on Jackson.
    Most likely to get Jackson and Petterson ready for the real deal.
    Still sounded like both sucked it up bit time.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

People want him to get pressured as much as possible during practice to help get him developed quicker....they do that and he throws some picks and gets confused...then they complain that he throws picks.
    It's three days in!
    What shall we do?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Actually, Prophet, that sounds about right. Camp would go something like this:

One day TroyWilliamson Little was running a pass route when -- KERPLUNK -- a football fell on his head
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I think some people are expecting Tarvaris to come in on week one and play like Peyton Manning or something.
    Maybe you should prepare yourselves mentally that Tarvaris will struggle at times during the season.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I think some people are expecting Tarvaris to come in on week one and play like Peyton Manning or something.
    Maybe you should prepare yourselves mentally that Tarvaris will struggle at times during the season.
    No, I'm not expecting him to play like Manning (either one) and not even Grossman. But after a whole offseason of study the guy still gets panicky, confused, forces passes and can't even take snaps from center. Despite the fact that Childress and others say he is learning real well, it sure doesn't look like it to me. It's more and more of the same.
    I agree that we are only three days into camp and the defense is expected to be ahead on the curve. And I respect that but it seems that TJ just isn't leaning at all and it gets me concerned.
    I hope as much as anyone that he's getting the hang of it but from all the reports I read, it doesn't seem like he is. But then maybe all the reports are looking for the negative. I would expect that from the press but when our "average fans" are saying he looks terrible when they want him to succeed and will jump on the least little bit of hope, then I think we need to start being concerned.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    No, I'm not expecting him to play like Manning (either one) and not even Grossman. But after a whole offseason of study the guy still gets panicky, confused, forces passes and can't even take snaps from center. Despite the fact that Childress and others say he is learning real well, it sure doesn't look like it to me. It's more and more of the same.
    I agree that we are only three days into camp and the defense is expected to be ahead on the curve. And I respect that but it seems that TJ just isn't leaning at all and it gets me concerned.
    I hope as much as anyone that he's getting the hang of it but from all the reports I read, it doesn't seem like he is. But then maybe all the reports are looking for the negative. I would expect that from the press but when our "average fans" are saying he looks terrible when they want him to succeed and will jump on the least little bit of hope, then I think we need to start being concerned.
    I understand your frustration Cojo, but I think you are reading into this quite a bit.
    The offense always starts out behind the defense.
    One of the very big reasons is they have a lot more work to do with regards to timing. That is something that you can't work on without your teammates.

The OL was being manhandled by the DL all scrimmage, yet nobody is calling for a replacement for Hutch and Birk.
    They are still getting their timing together.
    And keep in mind that snaps have as much to do with the center as the QB.

It is OK to be frustrated right now, and even worried.
    But we need to remain hopeful that the offense gets to where they need to be by the end of camp.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast