Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Observations From OTA #1

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Observations From OTA #1

ďCome on, letís go! On the jump!Ē Ė Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress barked this out as his team moved from one period of practice to the next.
    For some reason it seems funny picturing Chiller bark these words.

Ė This is the 5th offseason now that Iíve watched QB Tarvaris Jackson practice and his arm strength continues to stand out. He has a zip on the ball that you just donít see from 90% of the QB population. When receivers or backs come out of their routes, the ball is on them and itís on them fast.
    Wow, he must be really really good.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Love that they are working on attacking the football. Seems like last year every team did it to us but we did not return the favor.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Prophet wrote:
    ďCome on, letís go! On the jump!Ē Ė Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress barked this out as his team moved from one period of practice to the next.
    For some reason it seems funny picturing Chiller bark these words.

Ė This is the 5th offseason now that Iíve watched QB Tarvaris Jackson practice and his arm strength continues to stand out. He has a zip on the ball that you just donít see from 90% of the QB population. When receivers or backs come out of their routes, the ball is on them and itís on them fast.
    Wow, he must be really really good.
    Screw Farve.
    T. J. All the way!!!
    T. J. All the way!!!
    T. J. All the way!!!
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike wrote:
    Screw Farve.
    T. J. All the way!!!
    T. J. All the way!!!
    T. J. All the way!!!
    Best post of the month..... :laugh:

You catch Mikes comment.....?

By mike on May 18, 2010 | Reply

i hope favre invites the reciever corps to a weekend throw around ro remove a lil rust and get their minds right
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Screw Farve.
    T. J. All the way!!!
    T. J. All the way!!!
    T. J. All the way!!!
    Best post of the month..... :laugh:

You catch Mikes comment.....?

By mike on May 18, 2010 | Reply

i hope favre invites the reciever corps to a weekend throw around ro remove a lil rust and get their minds right
    I did now. Just more proof that crack doesn't smoke itself.
    And who is using my name? (the first comment after the article) You didn't have something to do with that did you?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Sid Hartman: Defensive backs impress Childress
    Probably could have put this in the Otagwe thread but it talks about more positions than just S's.

Cook at G and C. Guion, Asher, Benny, Lito. And this kid......

One of the surprises to date has been tackle Bill Noethlich, a rookie free agent out of Southwest Minnesota State.

"You know, he's got some guys in front of him. I don't think we'll get to see the true side of him, really, until the pads come on and watch him thump people, because he is a bigger guy," Childress said. "Obviously he's training in the special teams area right now, but those are full-speed collisions that happen, we don't require a lot of those right now."

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Every team has its own approach to offseason training, organized team activities and expectations for established players. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Minnesota Vikings are on the lower end of veteran participation this spring in the NFC North.
    A lack of veterans at Minnesota's OTAs
    I promised Proph I wouldn't say anything about the staffs approach this year.....So I won't..... :P

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Every team has its own approach to offseason training, organized team activities and expectations for established players. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Minnesota Vikings are on the lower end of veteran participation this spring in the NFC North.
    A lack of veterans at Minnesota's OTAs
    I promised Proph I wouldn't say anything about the staffs approach this year.....So I won't..... :P
    You have to, it is part of gearing up for the regular season. All injuries in the first 4-6 games can be blamed on the soft camp. That is a solid argument, especially if you want to throw in some high-graded statistics to support it. I'll help you out....a guy I was fishing with the other day said, after his 8th beer, that soft training camps are why guys get injured at the beginning of the regular season. He was a DI player and made the practice squad for the Ravens as a lineman a few years back. That must be a good enough stat for a thread to go 30-40 pages. N=1 is good enough for pp.o replication.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast