Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: O-Line still an issue? Max Starks=Bandaid?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104092
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104090
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104088
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1104084
    I wanted the Vikes to go after Starks as well but from my understanding he reported to camp over-weight. But yes I think he would be a huge upgrade over what we have. Even if he comes in and plays LT so we can move Johnson to RG. This would add much needed depth to the OL and I'm prettyu sure he can come in cheap.

IMO the Vikes only need 5 WRs and they really wanted to they could go with 4 because of Joe Webb's talents. This year they get to dress a 46th player and don't have to worry about the 3rd QB rule. Why not carry an extra OL to keep them fresh since that seems to be the most major concern right now.
    Interesting about 4 WR's.

Hadn't thought about that, but I don't think they would ever think about going with just 4 WR's and then counting on Webb to be that 5th guy mostly cause he has had very little work against NFL caliber DB's.

If your going to use a roster spot for a OL you could do it by getting rid of the full back or carrying one less DB (Saftey perhaps) but all come with alot of risk.
    As for your FB idea, it's fairly obvious at this point that Tahi is out. D'Imperio is the only guy left at the FB position, but word from camp is he's been doing actually fairly well, and has been with the #1 kick return team as well. Now, my question is can the kid play TE as well? If so, I could see him replacing Dugan on the roster as a guy who can play both positions, freeing up a spot for OL.

Having said that, I still don't see us going after Starks.
    I mean seriously, they had to have had a clue Big Mac was gonna come in the way he did.
    I had a clue... just read the guy's twitter account, it's obvious that football was the last thing on his mind.
    I've actually seen alot more good things out of Matt Asiata in the camp reports.
    He is as likely to get a roster spot as Britney Spears is to get out of a limo wearing underwear.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

However, he played in pain for much of last season, after which he had surgery to repair a torn left quad muscle. Because of the lockout, he was unable to rehabilitate the injury at Saints headquarters, instead splitting time with the Georgia Bulldogs’ training staff and with a private trainer in suburban New Orleans.

He said recently he was looking forward to playing healthy again this season
    Saints release former Pro Bowl RT Jon Stinchcomb, moving Zach Strief into his spot, for now

I know this is about Starks, but thought this release would fit in the discussion. Wonder if they let him lose because he wasn't healthy or because the other guys wre better and at a lower price.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Jarlvik is offline Rookie

I like the thought of bringing in Stinchcomb. I'm not sold on Charlie Johnson yet. There has been some talk of trying Load on the left but I don't see it after his struggles last year.
    Max Starks may have been interesting a couple of years ago when he was having some contract issues, but now his weight scares me a bit. I don't think we have time to wait for him to slim down. Off topic-Isn't he Joey Browner's nephew?
    None

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104066
    I am in a wait and see approach. There have been some high draft picks spent on OL in the past few years and at some point you would think they would push out a quality vet that we could sign for a bargain.
    Aside of Loadholt we haven't used above a 5th rounder on an o-lineman since 2006, when we selected Ryan Cook in the 2nd round.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1104781
    I am in a wait and see approach. There have been some high draft picks spent on OL in the past few years and at some point you would think they would push out a quality vet that we could sign for a bargain.
    Aside of Loadholt we haven't used above a 5th rounder on an o-lineman since 2006, when we selected Ryan Cook in the 2nd round.
    Stop confusing things with hard facts. That's not the PPO way.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1104781
    Wasn't to long ago that you never saw the use of 1rst round picks on OL like we have seen since about 2005/6 and then it was really only T's, a few G's and almost never a C.

Draft History Tackles
    Draft History Gaurds
    htmlDraft History Centers
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12