Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    tclawmen is offline Starter

Now that he is signed what can we expect from Mr. Berrian next year

If we are paying him what he reportedly was asking for (24 + million with a 12 million guarantee) that sure sounds like #1 money to me so anything less than 1000 yards and 10 td's would be a disappointment in my opinion. What are your expectations for 2008 from our new #1 W/R?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Now that he is signed what can we expect from Mr. Berrian next year

"tclawmen" wrote:
    If we are paying him what he reportedly was asking for (24 + million with a 12 million guarantee) that sure sounds like #1 money to me so anything less than 1000 yards and 10 td's would be a disappointment in my opinion. What are your expectations for 2008 from our new #1 W/R?
    I certainly don't expect 1,000 yards and 10 tds, not his first year. Those would both be career highs. I would be content with 4tds and 700yards, especially if the vikings are in the playoffs.
    He will have to learn a new system, new quarterback, etc.
    Not many players get 10tds a year. Despite what we paid for him I don't think he is a top 5 WR, probably not even top 20.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

How the hell do you expect him to get 1,000+ yards with AD running for 1800+.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Tbone0135 is offline Waterboy

I disagree I believe Berrian will have a career year. When he was on the Bears no one ever stacked the box against Benson or Thomas so i think when they are stacking 8 against AD Berrian is gunna make em sorry.

:P T-Jack to Berrian

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    I certainly don't expect 1,000 yards and 10 tds, not his first year. Those would both be career highs. I would be content with 4tds and 700yards, especially if the vikings are in the playoffs.
    He will have to learn a new system, new quarterback, etc.
    Not many players get 10tds a year. Despite what we paid for him I don't think he is a top 5 WR, probably not even top 20.
    I expect him to be a 50 catches 700yrds 7tds.
    That would be a good year for him. Mind you stats aren't everything. Wes Walker's 100 catches aren't that impressive to me( when your team passes 70 % of the time and you ar ein the slot next to Randy Moss.
    My projected stats for BB would be very impressive. I predict he will have our very first 100 yard game around week 10 next year.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Yeah its going to be hard for any of our Wrs to get 1000 yards with AP rushing. No maatter who is throwing. But It probably is being over paid however we need a deep threat. besides what we have and with BB and Rice, Wade and Alison AP and Taylor in the Backfield we should be good to go. NICE wok ZYgi
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Tbone0135" wrote:
    I disagree I believe Berrian will have a career year. When he was on the Bears no one ever stacked the box against Benson or Thomas so i think when they are stacking 8 against AD Berrian is gunna make em sorry.

It will for awhile. Then the defenses need to keep honest & cover the WR's, leaving the door wide open for AD. Precisely how it is supposed to work.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Tbone0135" wrote:

I think he probably has seen some stacked boxes with Wrecks in the backfield teams would dare him to throw(In 06 they had one of the better run games I believe). Plus I am sure alot of his yards came against the vikings week pass D.
    I think he will be a very nice piece to the puzzle but it is a little silly to think that he is going to become randy moss or TO overnight. He should be better in 2 or 3 years.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It's the KAO we are talking about.

1500/15 td

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Oh dear god, we actually have a passing attack... I can't express this amount of joy in words.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast