Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 127
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Now that the excitement is over

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Sam Baker, the BPA is a OT.
    ;D
    I'd be ecstatic if we got this guy with our 2nd round pick.
    I'd be equally happy with that BC guy whose name I can't spell.

    But I'm also thinking that if we can get one of the top centers that would also be pretty good.
    My understanding is that there might be one or more guys with 2nd round grades.
    Somebody out of ASU off the top of my head?
    Anyway, if the centers really do rate that high, then that usually means they're really good.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  2. #22
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Now that the excitement is over

    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Sam Baker, the BPA is a OT.

    ;D
    I'd be ecstatic if we got this guy with our 2nd round pick.
    I'd be equally happy with that BC guy whose name I can't spell.
    But I'm also thinking that if we can get one of the top centers that would also be pretty good.
    My understanding is that there might be one or more guys with 2nd round grades.
    Somebody out of ASU off the top of my head?
    Anyway, if the centers really do rate that high, then that usually means they're really good.
    Gosder Cherilus

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  3. #23
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Now that the excitement is over

    We have
    to be thinking OT at this point. The position seems to be pretty deep in this draft. So that is the angle I think we will take.

  4. #24
    huxx is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    496

    Re: Now that the excitement is over

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Sam Baker, the BPA is a OT.
    ;D
    I'd be ecstatic if we got this guy with our 2nd round pick.
    I'd be equally happy with that BC guy whose name I can't spell.
    But I'm also thinking that if we can get one of the top centers that would also be pretty good.
    My understanding is that there might be one or more guys with 2nd round grades.
    Somebody out of ASU off the top of my head?
    Anyway, if the centers really do rate that high, then that usually means they're really good.
    Gosder Cherilus
    I wish.
    If he's still there, the viking gods would be smiling on us for sure.
    Maybe we could trade up for him.
    SD wants more picks.
    Wait a minute...he might not make it past Pittsburgh

  5. #25
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Now that the excitement is over

    Jeremy Zuttah would be a good pick, but I would like any tackle

  6. #26
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Now that the excitement is over

    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Jeremy Zuttah would be a good pick, but I would like any tackle
    thats who im banking on now
    *keeps fingers crossed, it worked to get jared allen*

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  7. #27
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Now that the excitement is over

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Jeremy Zuttah would be a good pick, but I would like any tackle
    thats who im banking on now
    *keeps fingers crossed, it worked to get jared allen*
    If we got Zuttah or Baker i would be so happy

  8. #28
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Now that the excitement is over

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Sam Baker, the BPA is a OT.

    ;D
    agreed

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Now that the excitement is over

    "huxx" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Sam Baker, the BPA is a OT.
    ;D
    I'd be ecstatic if we got this guy with our 2nd round pick.
    I'd be equally happy with that BC guy whose name I can't spell.
    But I'm also thinking that if we can get one of the top centers that would also be pretty good.
    My understanding is that there might be one or more guys with 2nd round grades.
    Somebody out of ASU off the top of my head?
    Anyway, if the centers really do rate that high, then that usually means they're really good.
    Gosder Cherilus
    I wish.
    If he's still there, the viking gods would be smiling on us for sure.
    Maybe we could trade up for him.
    SD wants more picks.
    Wait a minute...he might not make it past Pittsburgh
    That's the guy!

    And yeah, I get that he probably won't make it out of the top 25.
    But Odin has been smiling on us so far this offseason, why not a little while longer?
    Anyway, somebody has to be there for our pick.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  10. #30
    Dunny is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4

    So now what do we take?

    I know its still gunna be best player available, but what do we take now?
    I'm guessing OL with 2nd, 3rds are gone, 4th BP maybe WR, QB if right one is there, still need a backup safety.
    One late round QB I like is Paul Smith (good head on his shoulder).
    5th (if schmidt FB is here do the Vikes take him?) i really like him as a player (but word is not a lot of teams like him since he's old school style of just a hard nose blocker) or maybe CB.
    Anyways just curious what you all think.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Allen bringing excitement, energy to Vikings
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 02:05 PM
  2. 2 days to training camp, do you feel the excitement!
    By whackthepack in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2004, 12:40 PM
  3. Excitement in Milwaukee?
    By WIVike in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 06:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •