Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Now that the excitement is over

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Wade is as good as he's ever going to get.
    There is much better potential out there.
    I'm not saying right now ditch wade, but in the next few years i see him being expendable.
    when his contract is up yeah, but not any time soon

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"aaeyers" wrote:
    A balanced offense will always be better than a one dimensional offense, but at the same time, you have to play to the strengths of your players.
    If you have balance you can play to the weakness of the opposing team.

I think you will see that we have that balance this year.

60/40.
    60% run/40% pass should be just about right.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=44302.msg767542#msg767542 date=1209017107]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=44302.msg767409#msg767409 date=1209004261]
    [quote author=V link=topic=44302.msg766872#msg766872 date=1208975115]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=44302.msg766832#msg766832 date=1208973022]
    Teams with good passing games don't have 1 WR that does 1 job...

Cards= Both Fitz and Anquan both are redzone threats..both run deep paterns, both work the middle of the field.

I can go on but i hope you ge the point. Saying we have a WR to fill each role isn't saying much. We need good Wrs. We are lacking that certified # 1 Wr.
    Very true, but who said we planned to have a good passing game? Hopefully, our passing game will be average enough to keep our running game great. Besides:

Berrian can do it all, he just needs better QB play.
    Rice can do it all, he just needs another year to prove it.
    Lol that's a great plan. Lets be just good enough to suceed so when teams adjust and schme to sto p us we are a powerless to stop them....Oh wait that happened last year.
    Last year, when teams stopped the run, we weren't good enough to beat them with the pass. This year, I hope that we ARE good enough. You don't have to be a good passing team to do that. 7 of 12 teams playoff teams (Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, San Diego, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, New York, and Washington) had average passing games.
    Good teams aim for an elite passing game and rushing game. Are you serious?
    The teams you named have
    great passing games...
    The steelers can pass the ball with the best of them. I would put their passing game light years above ours.
    Health, Ward and Holmes are better than almost anything on our roster.

Jacksonville's Qb was extremely efficent. I believe he had only 1 int late in the season. Again passing game was better than ours.

San Deigo - LT is big in the passing game, V. Jackson is comparable to Rice but a little better. Then there is their TE and other WRs they go from the Fins. They have a young Qb that's holding back a great group of receivers/backs. Still way better than ours.

Washington - Injuried Qb was way ahead of where we were. I believe he threw for 2700 yaards and go hurt around week 13. His favorite weapon was his H-Back and backs. His WRs had solid seasons( not a lot of TDs) but I hink he Coach was responsible for holding the team
    back wih his 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

Again you brought up these teams that made playoffs. How many of them made playoffs last year. We aren't trying to build a 1 and done. We are trying to build an elite title contender year in and out. Why look at our passing game as secondary to our running game. Yes we will be good with an average passing game but think how much better we could be with a great passing game. It will prevent teams from scheming against us. I don't know if you realized but our coaching staff seems a bit slow to react to adjustments.
    I look at our passing game as secondary to our running game, because it is secondary to our running game. The Running Game is simply our strength and we need to use that to our advantage. You'll see my attitude as we head into the season. I would like us to run first, and keep on running it until the D forces us to pass. That was exactly my stance last year. The plan fell apart because our passing game was not good enough. Hopefully Berrian, a more experienced Rice, and a more experienced TJ will get us over the hump.

Those teams I mentioned were far ahead of us yes, meaning they were the middle of the pack, not dead last like us. Still, they are much better comparisons to draw than the Cardinals. We simply don't need all that, we just need an efficient passing game.

Personnel-wise I agree that you should aim for an elite team in all facets. In reality that doesn't happen. Everyone who has watched the Vikings for the last two decades knows that.

Strategy-wise, we have the personnel to make this offense work.
    [/quote]

I felt our team was pretty good when we had Robert Smith, Moss and Carter.
    What was wrong then? In reality it does happen. Aiming for a passing game that is just good enough is how you stay average.
    [/quote]

What was wrong then?????Seriously?????
    When we had Smith, Moss, and Carter, we had a good running game, a great passing game, and a poohie defense.
    [/quote]

We are talking about Offense.
    [/quote]

You know very well that you can't seperate two. Every team has a weaknesses that can be exploited. Good coaches will be able to hide those weaknesses.

Besides the crappy D when Smith, Moss and Carter were around, I'm pretty sure we had guys like Todd Steussie and Andrew Glover on that team.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    A balanced offense will always be better than a one dimensional offense, but at the same time, you have to play to the strengths of your players.
    If you have balance you can play to the weakness of the opposing team.

I think you will see that we have that balance this year.

60/40.
    60% run/40% pass should be just about right.
    ;D
    I am glad to see you came over to the dark side.
    ;D ;D

I think it's a toss-up between OT, TE, and QB.

Safety and WR are possibilities as well.

I'm sure it will be BPA in the end though.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i voted OT... but what about a pass catching TE?
    We're bringing purple back.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"gregair13" wrote:
    i voted OT... but what about a pass catching TE?
    we have put too big of a contract into Shank to give up on him now, i think he will have a good year, bout 400 yds

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213