Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iwantmy$2 is offline Training Camp

Not YOUR Mock and the Vikings

I'm hesitant to post this as I'm confused on posting original content since I was labeled a spammer for linking to my own material before when it is okay to link to someone else.
    So...this is my material and therefore will not have a link.

This is being posted as a conversation piece for the resident Vikings fans.

These are the players that my unnamed site have the Vikings taking in the 2008 draft.

#17 Minnesota - DT/DE Phillip Merling

Kenechi Udeze and Erasmus James cannot seem to stay healthy enough to provide a decent pass rush for the Vikings. Their defense has been excellent versus the run but putrid against the pass and I don’t believe the secondary is completely at fault. Merling is a monster of a man at should provide the Vikes with the pressure they need to ascend their defense to elite status.
    #48 Minnesota - QB Joe Flacco

This pick goes to the Texans if the rumors of Sage Rosenfels are true. All the more reason for the Vikes to pull the trigger on a QB here. Flacco has a huge arm capable of hitting his two speedster WRs; Berrian and Rice.
    #74 Minnesota (from Denver) - CB Justin King
    #83 Minnesota - TE Martellus Bennett
    Thoughts?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Our Mock and the Vikings

People on this site have convinced me on not taking Merling. We need Harvey. So whatever it takes to get him I am good with. Even if it means moving up to Buffalos spot for our other 3rd round pick. I think we need to go OT in the second round. QB can wait untill the 3rd or 4th or even later. I don't think we need to draft a TE of cB that high. They can wait until the second day.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Iwantmy$2" wrote:
    I'm hesitant to post this as I'm confused on posting original content since I was labeled a spammer for linking to my own material before when it is okay to link to someone else.

These are the players that my unnamed site have the Vikings taking in the 2008 draft.

Kenechi Udeze and Erasmus James cannot seem to stay healthy enough to provide a decent pass rush for the Vikings. Their defense has been excellent versus the run but putrid against the pass and I don’t believe the secondary is completely at fault. Merling is a monster of a man at should provide the Vikes with the pressure they need to ascend their defense to elite status.

This pick goes to the Texans if the rumors of Sage Rosenfels are true. All the more reason for the Vikes to pull the trigger on a QB here. Flacco has a huge arm capable of hitting his two speedster WRs; Berrian and Rice.
    Thoughts?
    Our Mock and the Vikings
    My thoughts are that it is YOUR mock & not OURS.

Please refrain from saying OURS to include me or other members here. OUR opinions may differ from yours.

:P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Iwantmy$2" wrote:

Thoughts?
    Our Mock and the Vikings

Please refrain from saying OURS to include me or other members here. OUR opinions may differ from yours.

No it is not his either!

http://footballjabber.com/nfl-mock-draft/

OK...I guess it needs further explanation.
    "Our" indicates the people that put it together.
    I can understand how you could mistake it for "Your" since it is only one more letter.

Thank you for the time you took to post your thoughts (are they yours or were you speaking for all members?) and then taking even more time to go back and edit in words I would understand.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Iwantmy$2" wrote:

Thoughts?
    Our Mock and the Vikings

No it is not his either!

Hi, my name is Lee and I own Football Jabber.
    Since you brought it up.
    Read the first post and you would see why a link was not provided.
    Check my profile and see the link to my website.
    You also will see that PPO is the one Vikings forum linked ot in our Team Links page.

I'm seeing that Prophet telling me about this place is just another one of his sick jokes.

Admin or mod feel free to delete this mess.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Iwantmy$2" wrote:
    I can understand how you could mistake it for "Your" since it is only one more letter.

Thank you for the time you took to post your thoughts (are they yours or were you speaking for all members?) and then taking even more time to go back and edit in words I would understand.
    I did not mistake it for "your". "Our" could include everyone on this site including myself. It's open to interpretation as to what & whom "our" includes.

Thus the razz

Did you miss it?

Also, once again you did not provide a link. Mars did.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Iwantmy$2" wrote:

I did not mistake it for "your". "Our" could include everyone on this site including myself. It's open to interpretation as to what & whom "our" includes.

Thus the razz

Did you miss it?
    I wanted to refrain from using the name of the site in the subject.
    For anyone reading this now understand that in no we does "Our" include you.

"Iwantmy$2" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Iwantmy$2" wrote:

Thoughts?
    Our Mock and the Vikings

No it is not his either!

Hi, my name is Lee and I own Football Jabber.
    Since you brought it up.
    Read the first post and you would see why a link was not provided.
    Check my profile and see the link to my website.
    You also will see that PPO is the one Vikings forum linked ot in our Team Links page.

I'm seeing that Prophet telling me about this place is just another one of his sick jokes.

Admin or mod feel free to delete this mess.
    Gotcha! Next time introduce yourself in the Free Beer thread unless I missed it. That info would of been helpful. Why didn't you just say that in the post?

Re: Not YOUR Mock and the Vikings

I believe I did introduce myself a long time ago in there.
    I just have not been here in a while.
    Thought I would come by and mess with Prophets head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast