Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not suprising

soy_ya is offline Waterboy

Not suprising

Is it just me or is it not suprising we all but gave ourselves the perverbial shaft in the Culpepper trade? Thought we were going to finally get rid of him with three teams majorly interested but of course they screw that up and now the only team that wants him doesnt even have their top prioritey on him at the QB position. Atleast we still seem very interested in giving an offer sheet to Hutchinson.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Not suprising

My advice for almost every situation, give it time. I think that this works good when people start freakin out for no reason.

revprodeji is offline Starter

There are at least 6-7 teams right now that need a QB upgrade, and have been pro-active about it. (*Not counting us of course) If you think that there is only 1 legit FA qb (brees) and maybe a handful of average QB (kitna, ramsey-who is tradeable) and only 3 good QB in the draft, you still have at least 2 teams in need for a QB upgrade. What I see happening is that all 7 teams probably feel they have a shot at brees, once brees lands Im sure Pepper becomes the guy everyone wants. So we play it coy, we laugh off the 3rd rd pick offers and hold our ground cause after everything settles there will be teams needing a Qb and no option but to give into us
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I'd love to believe that teams are going to give into our demands, but frankly our demands are too high.

Look at the facts:

i) The player no longer wants to be here. (Despite the emails he's sent to the media, Daunte has no desire to return to the Metrodome unless he's on the Away team).

ii) The management no longer wants him here. (Despite what they've said to the media, it's obvious that they've been desperately trying to drum up interest for Culpepper to try and get something of any value for him in a trade).

iii) There's a $6 million roster bonus due in 5 days. This has a three-fold impact on proceedings.

iiia) It means that any prospective team will; have to pay the bonus, negotiate a new contract with Culpepper (who is still without agent, by the way), or renegotiate the existing deal so as to alleviate the Cap hit.

iiib) It forces the Vikings to make a decision regarding Daunte's future with them. Do they pay the bonus and keep a clearly-disgruntled player or cut him?

iiic) By placing the bonus in the first week of Free Agency, prospective Franchises who are interested (as of right now it's rumoured that the Dolphins and Raiders are the front-runners) can wait for the Vikings to make the decision, and if Culpepper is cut then they can claim him as an Unrestricted Free Agent without having to deal with the Vikings at all.

iv) And finally, and the most obvious hinderance to any deal that sees the Vikings get anything for Daunte; he's coming off a horrific injury and absymal performances in his last appearances on the field. The poor play OR injury ALONE would dramatically reduce any compensation the Vikings would hope to get, but BOTH at once means that any hope of getting ANYTHING has evapourated.

In conclusion: the poor form, the injury, the Roster Bonus and rest of the Dawson's Creek-esque drama that has perpetuated over the Off-Season means the Vikings will be lucky to get a bucket of Popcorn Chicken and a 2 litre bottle of Coke for Daunte.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I believe we will get something for pep, just what I'm not sure of yet, but it might not be all that bad. I'm sure it's going to be a conditional trade though....

If he does comeback from the injury, more power to him and the team that signs him, plus we will recoup something for just that..

If he doesn't come back from the injury, then we've really lost nothing ourselves....

The biggest thing we are losing is his attitude, and that makes us an istant winner already as far as Im concerned...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

KirillDM is offline Rookie

"VikingNed" wrote:
    The biggest thing we are losing is his attitude, and that makes us an istant winner already as far as Im concerned...
    Vikingned GET YOUR ROLL ON :lol: zing

OregonViking is offline Rookie

I say Culpepper should stay right where he is. There is no urgent need to trade him. Who cares if some fans have a short memory or a personal problem with themselves. The "crimes" to date are petty and his attitude would totally change if they bother to try to change it.

If they want to deal Peppy for something that benefits us more than a proven 4000 yard passer, year after year, Moss or no Moss, then great.

But nothing is guaranteed at this point. Regardless of what the "news" tells you. He is under contract and will stay that way until the Owner of the Team decides to sign on the dotted line.

I still can't get over how fickle some of my fellow fans are. I'd be absolutely thrilled if we were somehow able to keep Danute. I'll send the haters a Packer bucket to cry in if we do.

Go Vikes!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'm really not too worried about this whole thing with Pep. It will work out in the end. I have faith that they're either going to trade him and get decent compensation or they'll hold onto him and mend the fences. I think either way it will work out.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I only wanna part ways with Pep if the deal is right.. Don't get rid of him for like a 4th round pick or something..

Pep will play for us.. And he will have a good time if we win.. And I think we will.. So either way i'm cool if he stays or goes

if the price is not right ,let him ride the pine untill he's healthy. and once he's healthy get him some garbage time in some blow out, to show case his knee. our cap isn't hurting so his cap hit is not that big an issue.

and if he wants to piss and moan then as stated before send his crying ass home. he's got YEARS left on his contract, meaning if we don't want to trade him then don't. some one will come around.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast