Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

No Surgery for Peterson

Profootballtalk has posted that Adam Schefter reports no surgery for Adrian Peterson

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: No Surgery for Peterson

VIKES WON'T OPERATE ON PETERSON

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Minnesota Vikings have decided that running back Adrian Peterson, the No. 7 overall pick in the draft, will not need surgery on the fractured collarbone that he re-injured during the Fiesta Bowl.

Per Schefter, the situation will be monitored and re-evaluated soon.

Last week, agent Ben Dogra said that the decision as to whether surgery will be needed would be made by the team that picks Peterson.

It's still unclear whether Peterson will be available for offseason workouts without surgery.

Meanwhile, a reader has pointed out to us that the Vikings' official web site lists seventh-round quarterback Tyler Thigpen of Coastal Carolina as a wide receiver.
    If the team moves him to wideout, it means that four of the Vikings' eight draft picks were used to address this position.

Given that Peterson spent much of his Pro Day workout catching passes from a receiver position in the slot and split wide, the Vikes have picked up five players in the draft who could help address the most glaring weakness on a team that not all that long ago had the best pass-catching tandem in the league.
    I wonder if this is such a good thing or not. The guys on KFAN made it sound like he could get a metal implant and that he would basically never have to worry about his shoulder.

I would not like to see Peterson with his style being concerned about his shoulder all the time.
    Especially with the hitters on the pro level.

Eddie George and McCallister keep coming to my mind.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

dalpoas83 is offline Training Camp

i think he will be alright

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

as soon as the break completely and properly heals, then its perfectly fine, and maybe even stronger than before..its a broken collerbone, not the shoulder, so its not like hes going to be losing any range of motion with his arms or anything..none of the joints will have problems, which is the main problem when people break an ankle or elbow
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Billy" wrote:
    VIKES WON'T OPERATE ON PETERSON

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Minnesota Vikings have decided that running back Adrian Peterson, the No. 7 overall pick in the draft, will not need surgery on the fractured collarbone that he re-injured during the Fiesta Bowl.

Per Schefter, the situation will be monitored and re-evaluated soon.

Last week, agent Ben Dogra said that the decision as to whether surgery will be needed would be made by the team that picks Peterson.

It's still unclear whether Peterson will be available for offseason workouts without surgery.

Meanwhile, a reader has pointed out to us that the Vikings' official web site lists seventh-round quarterback Tyler Thigpen of Coastal Carolina as a wide receiver.

If the team moves him to wideout, it means that four of the Vikings' eight draft picks were used to address this position.

Given that Peterson spent much of his Pro Day workout catching passes from a receiver position in the slot and split wide, the Vikes have picked up five players in the draft who could help address the most glaring weakness on a team that not all that long ago had the best pass-catching tandem in the league.
    I wonder if this is such a good thing or not. The guys on KFAN made it sound like he could get a metal implant and that he would basically never have to worry about his shoulder.

I would not like to see Peterson with his style being concerned about his shoulder all the time.
    Especially with the hitters on the pro level.

Eddie George and McCallister keep coming to my mind.
    The drawback is that he would set off metal detectors in every airport in the country!

Fact is that NONE of his past injuries are the type that are career threatening...I mean, Emmitt Smith played with a dislocated shoulder one year and it didn't stop him, several others have played through high ankle sprains...and the collarbone (as noted before) isn't a chronic type of injury and shouldn't affect his range of motion.

NO...we got ourselves a STUD RB...for the first time since Robert Smith in his prime...and as opposed to Rob, AP will be a stud coming out of the blocks, as opposed to the three or four years that we had to wait for Rob to truly develop.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm a little nervous about this injury. I guess we'll see when he takes that first shot to the collar bone (or dives into the end zone on it) to see how it holds up.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Redmption" wrote:
    Profootballtalk has posted that Adam Schefter reports no surgery for Adrian Peterson

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    Well PFT is wrong. No decision has been mage yet on whether he will or will not need surgery;

"No. 1 draft choice Adrian Peterson and his healing right collarbone made it through his first practice with the Vikings in good shape Friday, but the former University of Oklahoma running back said there has been no final decision on whether it will need surgery."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_5823021?nclick_check=1

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Peterson Surgery Questions Persist[/size]

By Viking Update Staff

Posted May 2, 2007

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i feel every optimistic about this, but once you break a bone, it is very common to reinjure it if you rush back too soon. my friend had that happen to him on friday. he broke a bone off in his ankle, and rushed back into track too soon and reinjured the foot and is now out for the rest of the season...i hope the Vikings really take time to make a decision on AP.
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Wednesday, May 16th, 2007 by Kevin Seifert The Vikings announced today that rookie RB Adrian Peterson will not need surgery to complete the healing process of his fractured left collarbone. Dr. Joel Boyd, the team’s new orthopedic doctor, said in a meeting with reporters today that Peterson will be ready for full contact when training camp begins in July.

Well lets just hope he stays healthy. Seems a little delayed on the news but i guess they just want to make it official.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast