Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: No secret: Vikings plan to draft a QB

Quote Originally Posted by "VikingMike" #1088880
    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1088879
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088863
    Quote Originally Posted by "VikingMike" #1088859
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1088843
    I think it all still has a lot to depend on combine/pro days. I hear a lot of analysts starting to downplay the QBs since there is no "top guy" like there would have been in Luck had entered.
    I think it is possible based on the perceived strength of the defensive players in the draft. A lot of these teams have just as many problems on defense as they do at QB or on offense and with the price a QB costs vs. the price a DE cost, maybe they go DE. (or whatever defensive spot they would like to fill)

I don't think that it is likely we get our pick of the litter, but I definitely would not be shocked.

Also hear it's a strong draft for OT's.
    There are a few top notch CB's in there too and i would be pleased as heck to be able to land one of the top 2. Considering Frazier played in the secondary hopefully he will put more of an emphasis on that unit. IMHO it has been neglected since burns was replaced with Green.

Wouldn't mind a corner if Griff can't make it back

But I sort of disagree with it being neglected.. Just recently we've burned early picks on Griff, Cook, Allen. Not firsts I know, but still some high draft picks

Let's just hope Allen n Cook can pan out.. If we can land a top corner at 12 I wouldn't mind going that route depending who's on the board

I'd be happy with a physical CB/S who can tackle and make an INT. What's that you might ask? It's an interception, when a defensive player catches a ball intended for a receiver. Sorry, sarcasm off now.
    Whatm you don't like the "Give a 10 yard cushion and let them catch anything and everything in front of you" scheme?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088884
    I think it all still has a lot to depend on combine/pro days. I hear a lot of analysts starting to downplay the QBs since there is no "top guy" like there would have been in Luck had entered.
    I think it is possible based on the perceived strength of the defensive players in the draft. A lot of these teams have just as many problems on defense as they do at QB or on offense and with the price a QB costs vs. the price a DE cost, maybe they go DE. (or whatever defensive spot they would like to fill)

I don't think that it is likely we get our pick of the litter, but I definitely would not be shocked.

There are a few top notch CB's in there too and i would be pleased as heck to be able to land one of the top 2. Considering Frazier played in the secondary hopefully he will put more of an emphasis on that unit. IMHO it has been neglected since burns was replaced with Green.

But I sort of disagree with it being neglected.. Just recently we've burned early picks on Griff, Cook, Allen. Not firsts I know, but still some high draft picks

Let's just hope Allen n Cook can pan out.. If we can land a top corner at 12 I wouldn't mind going that route depending who's on the board

I'd be happy with a physical CB/S who can tackle and make an INT. What's that you might ask? It's an interception, when a defensive player catches a ball intended for a receiver. Sorry, sarcasm off now.
    Whatm you don't like the "Give a 10 yard cushion and let them catch anything and everything in front of you" scheme?
    Need to be able to backpedal faster than a greyhound to fit the Vikings scheme.

Interception and stripping the ball must be on the last page of the defensive playbook. They just haven't been able to get the the previous chapter, tackling!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1088887
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088884

Need to be able to backpedal faster than a greyhound to fit the Vikings scheme.

Interception and stripping the ball must be on the last page of the defensive playbook. They just haven't been able to get the the previous chapter, tackling!

lmao @ Purple Floyd...is that the name of it? No, I hate that scheme!

Yes, jargo, the "stripping" part must definitely be part of the resume. Our guys are a little better than in previous years, but still a long way to go. Not everyone has the skills of Revis or Asamougha, but just take a look at guys in our division who are getting it done. GB got Williams as a castoff from Houston, and Shields is a rookie!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567