Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    realmeandogg is offline Training Camp

Re: "No idea what this team is doing"

"Prophet" wrote:
    We have a guy that can throw the ball really far and will get a guy that can run really fast and catch.
    Is that enough for the pussies to be satisfied?
    Works for me
    ;D

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"No idea what this team is doing"
    I have put a little picture portfolio together for the questioner.

Purging remnants of a Hitler idolizing regime.
    [img width=300 height=400]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/peter_king/03/27/mmqb/p1_tice.jpg[/img]

Which would include gettnig rid of guys like this that can't even line their hat up, therefore sure as hell can't tackle.
    [img width=206 height=222]http://www.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/12/smootface.jpg[/img]

You may inquire to The Mustache but he has already spoken on the issue so beware!
    [img width=150 height=190]http://images.nfl.com/photos/img9148655.jpg[/img]

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    addendum to above post;

- Purging miscreant players who are disrupting team chemistry and pursuing good character players who will not likely get into any trouble or embarass the team.
    This will improve the Vikings image in the Community, which will help the stadium drive effort.

That addendum has been rejected by the author of the preceding post, but he thanks you for your submission and hopes you will remember to buy bonds.

=Z=
    I'm, um, er, uh, 'stocked up' in muni bonds.

Apparently, the author of the post preceeding mine is in denial, a miscreant, or an amnesiatic - - - or some other word I forgot.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

I said this on another post but earlier someone brought up the fact that the Vikings were building through the draft...That hasn't been done since the 80's in football and it was done before free agency. I can't believe the Vikings are taking an old school approach to the game. I would expect this out of Marv Levy or some other old GM but no the Vikings.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ballhog27" wrote:
    I said this on another post but earlier someone brought up the fact that the Vikings were building through the draft...That hasn't been done since the 80's in football and it was done before free agency. I can't believe the Vikings are taking an old school approach to the game. I would expect this out of Marv Levy or some other old GM but no the Vikings.
    And I believe I asked you in response to that post to name me a team from the playoffs in 2006/07 where the key players responsible for their success were acquired from Free Agency, rather than the draft.
    Setting aside Drew Brees, I don't believe I can name another impact FA from last year who played a key role in the playoff success of his new team.

Rather, the key members of these teams (IND:
    Manning, Addai/Rhodes, Harrison/Wayne, Saturday, Sanders, June, Freeney - CHI:
    Grossman, Urlacher, Briggs, Johnson, Hester) were acquired VIA THE DRAFT.

So - here's your chance to make your case again with some actual names.
    Go for it!
    I'm up for a lively debate today!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ballhog27" wrote:
    The same basic approach was taken by New England.
    All they did was win the Superbowl.
    Multiple times.

The one thing to note is the Vikings are not building solely through the draft.
    But they are placing a high value on it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"ballhog27" wrote:
    Apparently, you missed the details, such as words like 'primarily' and 'preferably, as the first alternative'.

What's wrong with an old school approach?
    It worked in the past, and the Vikings haven't won any SBs under Green or Tice using 'new school' approaches.

BTW, how has the Redskins' approach of overpaying for free agents worked out?
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:
    The same basic approach was taken by New England.
    All they did was win the Superbowl.
    Multiple times.

The one thing to note is the Vikings are not building solely through the draft.
    But they are placing a high value on it.
    New Englands first sb team was primarily a free agency aquisition of relatively young unknowns.
    Thereafter they used a combination of draft and free agency.
    What the Vikings are doing looks somewhat similar.I like this approach!

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=mgersexecsbio&bio=12539

“What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    We have a guy that can throw the ball really far and will get a guy that can run really fast and catch.
    I don't know...are you satisfied, Prophet?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I don't know...are you satisfied, Prophet?
    I'm content and waiting out the storm.
    The author of an accusatory post cannot fall within its grasp.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast