Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

No FAs visiting Winter Park today.

Waiting on Curtis
    Sunday, March 4th, 2007
    by Judd Zulgad

The Vikings won’t be entertaining any free agents on Sunday at Winter Park. Instead, all the key front office personnel will be in South Bend, Ind., watching Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn perform at his pro day. Sounds like even Zygi Wilf is going to make that trip.

You can be sure that while Brad Childress and Co., are watching Quinn, they also will be paying close attention to what is going on in Detroit. That is where Rams free agent receiver Kevin Curtis will be spending the day visiting. Curtis was at Winter Park on Friday and the Vikings are hoping the veteran picks playing in Minnesota over Detroit.

But if Curtis ends up in Detroit — and it would not be surprising if he elects to join his former head coach and current Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz – the Vikings will be faced with most top-line free agents being gone and two key areas (receiver and pass-rushing end) still needing to be addressed.

Wonder if Donte’ Stallworth’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has placed a call to the Vikings yet?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: No FAs visiting Winter Park today.

I would have thought something would have been done between Curtis and the Lions by now if it was gonna happen.

Might be a good sign.
    Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

If the Vikings really wanted him I'm sure they offered a competitive salary that was open-ended being that Curtis wanted to check out his other options, especially since Martz, the idiot that is a self-proclaimed genius, has ties to him and is sniffing around the groin.
    Curtis is no fool, graduated with a 3.95 GPA.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up on the Vikings squad and his travels to the hell of Martz/Ford/Millen country was just for negotiation purposes.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

If quinn has good workouts and he falls to us it looks like theres a good chance well take him. Good chance hes the bpa at the 7 slot anyways.

Waiting on Curtis, update on Quinn and Smoot chats away
    Sunday, March 4th, 2007
    by Judd Zulgad

No word out of Detroit yet on whether Kevin Curtis is going to sign with the Lions. The Vikings obviously are hoping Curtis decided he likes the color purple.

I’m adding this from NFL.com. Here’s some info from Brady Quinn’s pro day today in South Bend, Ind. The Vikings, of course, had several front office folks in attendance.

Meanwhile, fast-talking Fred Smoot held a news conference in Washington as the Redskins officially announced he was returning to the team. (Somehow we don’t think Vikings fans are all that upset right now.) Here are a few quotes from the cornerback’s presser.

On what happened in Minnesota on the field: “I never got comfortable for one. I am an emotional player, and I love to play the game with my emotion. I never really got comfortable there.

“I always felt like the stepchild. Now I am back in my mama’s house and I can feel good. I’m comfortable and ready to play football. I never got going there. Every time I got going something happened. My brother died, the boat situation and the car accident. A lot of stuff happened and it humbled me a lot. I am going to live every day like my last and not take anything for granted.”

On what he got out of the two year experience in Minnesota that he might not have gotten had he stayed in Washington : “There is not always greener grass on the other side. You have to make decisions in your life based on more than financial needs. You’ve got to make it on life after football. This is the perfect place for me to be part of the community. I feel like more than just a football player here. There I felt like just a football player, just another guy.

On what kind of player the fans are going to get: “They are getting a player that has been through a lot. You can’t get glass without it going through a lot of changes and then it comes out smooth. I am that smooth part right now. I know what I can do here. I have done that here. I think a lot had to do with the stuff that was happening off the field and it reflected my play on the field. I never got comfortable at that place. I always had something on my mind. Here I play with a clear head. I promise you this, they are going to get a Fred Smoot that has matured in a lot of ways and they will get a player that wants to win, point blank.”

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Of course their are no visits scheduled for today, that is because our HC's priorities are screwed up.. He would rather look at a college QB that we have a long shot at drafting, then to get fa's that will help our team win some games.. This does not surprise me at all..

DanTheMan is offline Rookie

yeah I'm hoping and praying for that brain to kick in and steer him back to Minnesota.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    Waiting on Curtis
    Sunday, March 4th, 2007
    by Judd Zulgad

The Vikings won’t be entertaining any free agents on Sunday at Winter Park. Instead, all the key front office personnel will be in South Bend, Ind., watching Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn perform at his pro day. Sounds like even Zygi Wilf is going to make that trip.

You can be sure that while Brad Childress and Co., are watching Quinn, they also will be paying close attention to what is going on in Detroit. That is where Rams free agent receiver Kevin Curtis will be spending the day visiting. Curtis was at Winter Park on Friday and the Vikings are hoping the veteran picks playing in Minnesota over Detroit.

But if Curtis ends up in Detroit — and it would not be surprising if he elects to join his former head coach and current Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz – the Vikings will be faced with most top-line free agents being gone and two key areas (receiver and pass-rushing end) still needing to be addressed.

Wonder if Donte’ Stallworth’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has placed a call to the Vikings yet?
    next question
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Do some of you honestly think that the boys at Winter Park do not have a plan?
    It sure sounds like it.

DanTheMan is offline Rookie

I'm just used to Tice telling us everything and quick signings this silence thing is just not doing it for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast