Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: No. 1’s have frequently let Vikings down

"bmc342" wrote:
    well i can say one thing, it's not just the Vikings that are let down by #1s. many many #1s don't live up to expectations. it's just a huge jump from college to the pros.
    i agree completely, and i don't see why the jury is still out on Udeze and James!!! They are SOLID ends!! They are young and get better each year, yes we had injuries but they are still good!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "bmc342" wrote:
    well i can say one thing, it's not just the Vikings that are let down by #1s. many many #1s don't live up to expectations. it's just a huge jump from college to the pros.
    i agree completely, and i don't see why the jury is still out on Udeze and James!!! They are SOLID ends!! They are young and get better each year, yes we had injuries but they are still good!!
    If you tell me that if these guys play at the same level the rest of thier career, you would be happy? I wouldn't be, when you draft a guy in the first round, you expect more than "solid" players. they still can get better, and thats why the jury is still out
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

coreyd is offline Coach

Thats the dumbest article I have ever read. I felt like I was reading a fortune cookie. So vague and lame.

Not only have the first rounders let teams down.....LOOK AT THE #1 OVERALLS THAT HAVE LET TEAMS DOWN!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hansel is an IDIOT!!!! He needs to check his facts before he opens his mouth...Belichick has NO connection to the Vikings! DUMB BASS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Minnesota media hating on the Vikings again.
    What are they going to do with their time if(god forbid)the Vikings moved out of the state.Their cover story would be the local shuffleboard tournament...on second thought that would be a sport they might be able to handle, without out screwing up all the facts,and taking stuff out of context.
    Carter was a waiver pickup(100 bucks)hows that for lots of bang for the buck?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Just because your a big name and you were drafted #1 means jack squat. You could fall down the stairs on your way toyour first practice and blow out your knee and be done. All teams have this problem. A #1 is just a big guess and hope for a super bowl win. Bill Belichick was the waterboy. :???:

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Just because your a big name and you were drafted #1 means jack squat. You could fall down the stairs on your way toyour first practice and blow out your knee and be done. All teams have this problem. A #1 is just a big guess and hope for a super bowl win. Bill Belichick was the waterboy. :???:
    I can't think of any NFL Head Coaches outside of Art Shell who were big-time players in the league. I guess Jack Del Rio might qualify - but we're biased because he was a stud for us. Any others?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12