Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NFP Three Round Mock Draft

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...nd-mock-draft/

I could live with this.....

Still Available in Round 1

Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
    Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
    Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi
    Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
    Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

Probably wouldn't look at Pettigrew but I would have a hard time passing up my boy Jerry.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFP Three Round Mock Draft

Nicks all the way! ;D

There are a couuple of solid DT that I see available in round 2 or 3 that could be picked up. Hmmm. Sounds like I may need to do a mock draft since I have been doing my research.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hmmm, kinda hoping we don't go this route, but if we do I expect us to grab a veteran WR somewhere before the season starts. I do believe we need some O-line help on the right side, and also some debth in the defensive backfield, but what about a big run stuffer to groom to replace big Pat? What about a dynamic young WR? The speculation continue's, and I'm sure some of these mocks are way off base. Any way we go, it's sure to piss somebody off, ain't it great? ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think we will take a safety at all in the draft. I also am willing to work with what we have at RT. I agree with some here that having the same line and gelling is important. Lets give our mediocre QBs some weapons and upgrade that monstrous D. I really like what ESPN had to say about strengthening our strengths. Get a young DT in the 3rd. I like his selection of DJ Moore in the 2nd. Get Nicks or Harvin in the 1st. This helps out Peterson and Sagevaris Jacksenfels.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I really like that pick, tackle is a position we could improve upon before the regular season starts. IMO no rookie wideout will crack our top 3, and a 1st is awfully expensive for a good 4th WR.

Also DTs kind of scare me, especially if we expect production if the Williams Wall is suspended. I look at guys like Alan Branch, Justin Harrell, Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey, and Id much rather see us get a DT after round one, where a bust wouldn't affect us as much. Not that all those guys are busts, but none of them have really shown why they were drafted so high, yet.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Interesting...Sanchez before Stafford, WCO fit and all...Maybe.
    I don't like 1 year starting experience and the fact he was beat out by John David Booty.
    But, with the QBs they have, they can afford to sit him for 2 or 3 years as the third guy...

Wow...a CB and a FS in the first 3 rounds.
    IDK about that.
    Seems to me, the fact they are even talking to Winfield would indicate that they want him to stay and that eventually, something will get done.
    Neither Birk nor Sharper recieved offers last season at this point, and as I recall, both were disappointed.
    The signing of Paymeh and resigning of both Sapp and Gordon tells me we could be pretty set at CB.
    I could see a pick there, but would think it would be later unless somebody is heads above BPA.
    IF Paymeh pans out (fits our system better as expected) he might eventually even push Winny to playing more nickel...which, I feel he is a great fit for.

I guess I'm OK with Britton, cuz what we need is Right Tackle, but the short arms worry me a bit, and Chilldress and Co. seem to like huge linemen.
    Seems a bit of a reach IMO, with guys like Nicks, V.Davis, P.Jerry, still on the board.
    I really like Kirwan's Mock...he has us landing Max Unger in the 2nd, and Harvin in the first.

I'm reworking my mock and adding some wrinkles...What do you think of these trade scenarios?

Its draft day and Cutler and McDaniels are still in a pissing match over who's pride is bigger than the world, they've recieved no offers they like, when DET calls up offering the 20th overall pick, Drew Stanton (or Culpepper?) and a conditional next year in the 3-5 range depending on Jay getting along with his new teammates and starting most of the games etc.
    DEN is moving to a 3-4 and needs lots of help up front, and according to my mock, they could land BJ Raji at 12 and Rey the Mauler MLB at 20, adding the cornerstones to a defense that has lacked for years.
    They can still add Jeff Garcia or Leftwich as a vet and draft a project to develop in the later rounds (like Cassell.)

You guys talked me into dropping Wells, but only so far
    How bout after going for Orakpo at 5, CLE trades their 2nd this year and next year to us for No.22 so they can snag the beast to pair with Jamal Lewis...?
    Last year the Mangini looked longingly at McFadden and ran a run first team even after trading for the mighty gunslinger at QB.
    I don't think that he thinks that he can run that program with only Jamal Lewis and Jerome Harrison...and, their questionable QBs could use the help.

We grab Kenny Britt with the 4th pick of the 2nd round, and hopefully Unger, or perhaps Herman (the House) Johnson for RT with our regular pick (54?).
    AND, set ourselves up nicely to make whatever moves deemed necessary in 2010's draft.
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"Marrdro" wrote:
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...nd-mock-draft/

I could live with this.....

Still Available in Round 1

Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
    Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
    Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi
    Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
    Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

Probably wouldn't look at Pettigrew but I would have a hard time passing up my boy Jerry.
    Only player that really would tempt me there would be Cushing, but I still think an OT is the safest pick.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I really like that pick, tackle is a position we could improve upon before the regular season starts. IMO no rookie wideout will crack our top 3, and a 1st is awfully expensive for a good 4th WR.

Also DTs kind of scare me, especially if we expect production if the Williams Wall is suspended. I look at guys like Alan Branch, Justin Harrell, Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey, and Id much rather see us get a DT after round one, where a bust wouldn't affect us as much. Not that all those guys are busts, but none of them have really shown why they were drafted so high, yet.
    they were all rookies on for the most part, bad teams.... half playing in schemes different than what they played in college... not may warren sapps or k.dubs out there where they just dominate from day one.. it usually takes a player 2-3 years to make an impact at DT...

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

they were all rookies on for the most part, bad teams.... half playing in schemes different than what they played in college... not may warren sapps or k.dubs out there where they just dominate from day one.. it usually takes a player 2-3 years to make an impact at DT...
    Which is why I would rather we get a DT after the first. It's a risk and a long term investment in the best case scenario. We could use some help right now (OT,WR, maybe center?). I also rate Kennedy and Evans...

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, that draft seriously devalues WR and CB, unlike many other mocks we have seen.

I would have to agree that if WRs are staying that late, OT would be a good pick. We might then be able to nab a good DB, or trade up a bit to get a WR, or Unger, or we could trade down and nab Unger/Mack AND Moore/Smith/Butler/Heyward-Bey/Britt AND still have an extra pick in this/next year's draft.

If DJ Moore is in purple, it will overshadow a lot of the things I usually complain about.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast