Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

NFLFN: McKinnie for Jason Taylor

I saw the NFLN network briefly talk about McKinnie to the Dolphins for Jason Taylor..

Is there any substance to this?

What do we think of it?

I am not opposed. I never really saw the value of what McKinnie was, especially for all the money that he is being paid.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFLFN: McKinnie for Jason Taylor

I'd advocate doing the deal...and then drafting Chris Williams from Vandy at 17.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ragz is offline GM

yah i read this is a rumor, don't know if anyone is actually considering or talking.
    vikingupdate.com in their blog section had a guy post stats of mckinnie compared to other mid teir tackles in reference to sacks given up, holding penalties, false starts, and so on.
    his penalties were about average but sacks given up he sucked.

either way, you gotta like it cuz jason taylor can still play, plus mckinnie might end up being a cut after this season if he don't straighten out.
    it'd be worth it if we even got one season outta taylor to me.
    i'm starting to get the feeling that mckinnie is becoming less and less the long term answer for us at left tackle.
    between underachieving and the legal problems they may feel its best to move on.
    maybe not this year unless by some miracle someone would want to trade for a player who almost assuredly will get suspended.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"ragz" wrote:
    yah i read this is a rumor, don't know if anyone is actually considering or talking.
    vikingupdate.com in their blog section had a guy post stats of mckinnie compared to other mid teir tackles in reference to sacks given up, holding penalties, false starts, and so on.

either way, you gotta like it cuz jason taylor can still play, plus mckinnie might end up being a cut after this season if he don't straighten out.
    i'm starting to get the feeling that mckinnie is becoming less and less the long term answer for us at left tackle.
    between underachieving and the legal problems they may feel its best to move on.
    maybe not this year unless by some miracle someone would want to trade for a player who almost assuredly will get suspended.
    I'd think about Taylor for McKinney, especially with his position with the team in doubt.
    I'd much rather get a player like Taylor than just have McKinnie cut.

As for the stat line, it was kind of skewed if you ask me.
    The stat line didn't take into effect the difference between the RT and LT and the fact that most QBs are predominately right handed which puts LT on their blind side.
    It also didn't take into effect such factors as run blocking and yards per carry averages of the teams running back, nor the sceme in which the player is in.
    I just feel too much is left up in the air for the comparison "study" to be all that useful.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

ill believe it when i see it
    until then.......... :-X

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

ragz is offline GM

"Schutz" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:

I'd think about Taylor for McKinney, especially with his position with the team in doubt.

The stat line didn't take into effect the difference between the RT and LT and the fact that most QBs are predominately right handed which puts LT on their blind side.
    It also didn't take into effect such factors as run blocking and yards per carry averages of the teams running back, nor the sceme in which the player is in.
    I just feel too much is left up in the air for the comparison "study" to be all that useful.
    i thought it did factor in big running plays or something.
    but either way, just from watching his play, for his size, a number 7 overall pick, going into what his 5th year, hasn't he been a disappointment.
    then you factor in his salary and his legal problems and he's not an ideal situation.
    i hear every offseason about im being on the verge of pro bowl calibre, and then mediocre.
    i'll give him credit for last year cuz after a horrendous start he did seem to control that side of the line until the end of the season where he reverted to early season mckinnie.
    i'm just guessing but i think he's getting close to burning his bridges here.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"ragz" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:

i thought it did factor in big running plays or something.
    but either way, just from watching his play, for his size, a number 7 overall pick, going into what his 5th year, hasn't he been a disappointment.
    then you factor in his salary and his legal problems and he's not an ideal situation.
    i hear every offseason about im being on the verge of pro bowl calibre, and then mediocre.
    i'll give him credit for last year cuz after a horrendous start he did seem to control that side of the line until the end of the season where he reverted to early season mckinnie.
    i'm just guessing but i think he's getting close to burning his bridges here.
    Yeah I'm not saying he's Mr. Superman LT but I think the guy who posted his statistic composition just left out or added in some things to level out Mckinnie as possible.
    Especially considering the stats should have only been for LTs with a right handed QB or something like that.

He is dangerously close to being cut loose, and I think it's going to take one of those deep heart to heart conversations with the front office to convince them to not shop him around.
    I just don't know if Big Mac has that in him, on the upside at least he hasn't paralyzed or killed anybody yet.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the thing that sucks is that taylor likely wont play more than one more season..mckinnie still has 6-7

id do the deal only if the vikes know for a fact that they can find somebody real good that can step in and play LT right away
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That would depend on what the FO did about the line. If they didn't bring in some vets who have played in a scheme similar to ours and if they didn't add any youth for depth and development then I don't see how it would help us. If they did we could be better off in the end.

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni

Well, Taylor supposedly denied the rumors that he wants a trade.
    He's been in MIA for 11 years, moving to MN at this point might not be the climate he's looking for

All in all, it would basically be trading one top need for another, but with McKinnie's likely suspension, we might need to do something at OT anyway.

My guess is that he buys his way out of this, or settles on some lesser plea bargain, but ends up suspended for his multiple offenses...probably 4 games, maybe just 2.
    The bigger concern, is how long til he F's up again and gets 8 games or a year off?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast