Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

NFL Team Interests, (Vikings included)

Just found this site it shows which players each teams of the NFL has shown interest in:

Here it is:

http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=33&a=103

The Vikings have shown interest in:

Quarterbacks:
    Cullen Finnerty, Grand Valley State, Brady Quinn, Notre Dame, Drew Stanton, Michigan State

Running Backs:
    Lorenzo Booker, Florida State, Kenneth Darby, Alabama, Tony Hunt, Penn State, Kolby Smith, Louisville

Fullbacks:
    Brian Leonard, Rutgers

Wide Receivers:
    Dwayne Bowe, Louisiana State, Ted Ginn Jr., Ohio State, Jason Hill, Washington State, Dwayne Jarrett, Southern California, Jacoby Jones, Lane, Brandon Myles, West Virginia, Jerard Rabb, Boise State, Courtney Taylor, Auburn

Tight Ends:
    Clark Harris, Rutgers, Martrez Milner, Georgia, Ben Patrick, Delaware

Offensive Tackles:
    Ryan Harris, Notre Dame, Joe Staley, Central Michigan

Offensive Guards:
    Justin Blalock, Texas, Ben Grubbs, Auburn, Corey Hilliard, Oklahoma State, Arron Sears, Tennessee, Cameron Stephenson, Rutgers

Centers:
    Dustin Fry, Clemson, Ryan Kalil, Southern California

Defensive Ends:
    Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame, Gaines Adams, Clemson, Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas, Jarvis Moss, Florida, Quentin Moses, Georgia, Chase Pittman, Louisiana State, Brian Robison, Texas

Defensive Tackles:
    Kareem Brown, Miami, Amobi Okoye, Louisville

Outside Linbackers:
    Stewart Bradley, Nebraska, Earl Everett, Florida, Paul Posluszny, Penn State, Juwan Simpson, Alabama

Inside Linbackers:
    Johnny Baldwin, ALabama A&M

Cornerbacks:
    Fred Bennett, South Carolina, Tarrell Brown, Texas, Leon Hall, Michigan, Reggie Lewis, Florida, Kevin Payne, Louisiana-Monroe, Mike Richardson, Notre Dame

Safeties:
    John Wendling, Wyoming

Kickers/Punters:
    None

I put first round potentials in bold

Dont know how reliable this site is..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Team Interests, (Vikings included)

New Era...isn't that the people that Reggie Bush was in trouble with?

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

Its a tough spot for the vikings being in #7 because the only players you can take that early would be Quinn if for some reason the lions and browns are ignorant.
    A defensive lineman which is a terrible idea because we were LAST in pass defense last season so i think that the vikings have 2 options.
    trade New England for its 2 first round picks (New England willing to do that) so you can pick up an olineman and like aaron ross or chris houston and then in the 2nd round take drew stanton and then 3rd round take like a decent WR if any are left

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    Its a tough spot for the vikings being in #7 because the only players you can take that early would be Quinn if for some reason the lions and browns are ignorant.

A defensive lineman which is a terrible idea because we were LAST in pass defense last season so i think that the vikings have 2 options.
    trade New England for its 2 first round picks (New England willing to do that) so you can pick up an olineman and like aaron ross or chris houston and then in the 2nd round take drew stanton and then 3rd round take like a decent WR if any are left
    That is exactly why we should draft a defensive end.
    The reason we were dead last in pass defense is because we did not get any pressure on the quarterback.

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Okay, let's say that you get a DE like Jamaal Anderson.
    So the defense is then pretty much set accept for MLB.
    It is not going to make a bit of difference if your offense can't score any points.
    What good does it do you to have the #1 defense in passing and run defense if your offense only scores 7 points every other game.
    Doesn't that sound familiar like last year.
    Without a doubt, you have to go after Calvin.
    Sydney Rice is not going to be there in the second round as Kansas City has been eyeing him for weeks now.
    I for one don't trust this eye thing with Troy.
    He has got to really show me this year that he won't push the ball away from himself when it is thrown to him.
    We will be looking to the defense to score the majority of points if we don't get that WR we need.
    Sorry, we have put ourselves in this situation.
    Time to do the right thing.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Nice find skum.

But if you are bolding the 1st round prospect I think you missed a few. Though some of them are borderline 1st round, and definitely not for #7 I think the following of the listed players, should also be considered potential 1st rounders:

Dwayne Bowe, Louisiana State
    Justin Blalock, Texas
    Ben Grubbs, Auburn
    Ryan Kalil, Southern California
    Amobi Okoye, Louisville
    Paul Posluszny, Penn State

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

I think we need offensive help most. A good rush DE is attractive, but I'm hoping Frazier has some blitz packages that can help apply some pressure.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I highly doubt we will invest another first round pick (first round money t be more precise) on a defesive lineman. We already have Williams, Udeze and James over the last few years on the roster. I see us going WR, CB or S in the 1st round.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

People seem to discount the fact that we're getting a first round selection DE back from injury while moving Kenichi back to his natural side in the process, thus giving us a significant upgrade at DE.
    Beyond that, we drafted a pass-rushing DE last year who did a pretty good job all things considered.....

I don't see DE as a glaring need for us, unless we have medical issues I'm unaware of.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"vike_mike" wrote:
    Okay, let's say that you get a DE like Jamaal Anderson.
    So the defense is then pretty much set accept for MLB.
    It is not going to make a bit of difference if your offense can't score any points.
    What good does it do you to have the #1 defense in passing and run defense if your offense only scores 7 points every other game.
    Doesn't that sound familiar like last year.
    Without a doubt, you have to go after Calvin.
    Sydney Rice is not going to be there in the second round as Kansas City has been eyeing him for weeks now.
    I for one don't trust this eye thing with Troy.
    He has got to really show me this year that he won't push the ball away from himself when it is thrown to him.
    We will be looking to the defense to score the majority of points if we don't get that WR we need.
    Sorry, we have put ourselves in this situation.
    Time to do the right thing.
    Example: First start of TJack. @ Green Bay. How many 3 and outs there. Our defense dominated. Only points were by Smoot. We held them to 3 field goal one of which was game winning. But we lost because our offense couldnt get a frickin first down. Even if our defense is so superior like that every game we'll still lose because we dont commit with our offense.

Wait I get it now.
    im sure Childress talked with TJack on their strategy. By getting so many 3 & outs and keeping that time of possession on there side we keep the offense on the field and they get tired and makin stupid errors.
    It all makes sense now.
    : : :
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast