Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NFL Scouting Combine: Speed Thrills, But Does It L

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Scouting Combine: Speed Thrills, But Does It L

Link doesn't work.

I love reading about this stuff, I got excited for this one lol

NFL Scouting Combine: Speed Thrills, But Does It Last?
    The new site has its quirks, chopped off the "s" (last character).......Try it now.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Link doesn't work.

I love reading about this stuff, I got excited for this one lol
    I absolutely love watching the combine, mostly cause I use it to learn the players, but there is a added reward...........

You get to see coaches coaching and players being coached.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Just read it, not surprisingly, there are more booms than busts. It's when teams base picks on speed alone that they get in trouble. If the guy can play ball, and run like the wind, then you've got a guy who's gonna make an impact. But if he's Darius Heyward-Bey or Troy Williamson, you're screwed.

You can't teach speed, and there's no doubt it's a major factor on the game.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

The combine is the best. I will be watching every live hour of it and then again when they replay it before the draft.

Speed is just as much as a gamble as taking a QB in the first round. its about 50/50 on them too
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 wrote:
    The combine is the best. I will be watching every live hour of it and then again when they replay it before the draft.

Speed is just as much as a gamble as taking a QB in the first round. its about 50/50 on them too
    I still say its a crap shoot, only if your scouts aren't doing thier damn job or if a staff goes out and drafts a guy who isn't even close to fitting thier scheme.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Just read it, not surprisingly, there are more booms than busts. It's when teams base picks on speed alone that they get in trouble. If the guy can play ball, and run like the wind, then you've got a guy who's gonna make an impact. But if he's Darius Heyward-Bey or Troy Williamson, you're screwed.

I would rather have someone that is relatively slow that has talent (Cris Carter, Percy Harvin, Jerry Rice, etc.)
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Prophet wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

I would rather have someone that is relatively slow that has talent (Cris Carter, Percy Harvin, Jerry Rice, etc.)
    since when was Percy Harvin relatively slow? The dude's fast as balls. He probably ran a 4.4 straight outta the womb.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

since when was Percy Harvin relatively slow? The dude's fast as balls. He probably ran a 4.4 straight outta the womb.
    There was talk of him dropping from the first round last year because of his relatively slow time, that's what I'm basing it off of.

Point is, fast is not the top shelf on a weighted average skill set in my book.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast