Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

NFL Rumor central - ESPN Insider

Ok, youse mugs, dis is da latest I got from "Creepy" Carlis in cell block 'A'.
    ================================================
    Lewis on the block?
    <Feb. 11> According to the Baltimore Sun, associates and friends close to Lewis have said that he doesn't want to play in Baltimore for the 2006 season.

Ravens General manager Ozzie Newsome said the linebacker hasn't informed the team of any such intention, but did admit that Lewis had a recent meeting with team owner Steve Bisciotti in Florida, and said Lewis asked to be traded before the start of the 2005 season. he seven-time Pro Bowl performer actually went into a self-imposed isolation from the team last season after the Ravens declined to restructure his contract, which still has three years left.

League sources have said the Ravens were sending out "feelers" in a possible trade for Lewis, but they haven't gotten more than a second- round draft pick in exchange.

Hutchinson wants to stay
    <Feb. 11> While Shaun Alexander has received most of the attention, the re-signing of Hutchinson is as much a priority for the Seahawks in the next few weeks as getting Alexander back in the fold. Regarded by many as the most dominant left guard in the game, Hutchinson would like to remain in Seattle, the Seattle Times reports.

"I'd like to stay in Seattle, and we've got a good thing going," Hutchinson said after the NFC's practice at the Ihilani Resort outside of Honolulu. "They drafted me. A bunch of other teams passed up on me. So they had the confidence in using their first-round pick on me. And then we've weathered the storm the first couple of years when we really couldn't put too much together, and now we've really started to see the benefits of hard work."

Given that Alexander's contract stipulates that he cannot be franchised by the team, Hutchinson, 28, is the leading candidate for the Seahawks' franchise tag, meaning next season he would be paid the average of the top five salaries in the NFL for offensive linemen from 2005.

The team could still reach a long-term deal with Hutchinson before Feb. 23, the last day teams can designate a franchise player.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: NFL Rumor central - ESPN Insider

stupid franchise tag rule is gonna ruin our chance of getting hutchinson..ray lewis would be too difficult to get considering that we would have to give up daunte for sure
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

It's only a stupid rule because it deprives you of something you want. It would be a GREAT RULE if it was used to protect Culpepper or Birk in your mind. LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i like the franchise tag rule. allows team to keep that special player that extra year. it sucks having your favorite player leave town.
    We're bringing purple back.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

hmm trade a quarterback with a wrecked knee for a awesome middle linebacker hmm what a tough decision.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

This may sound crazy, but I think Ray is getting up there in years, trust me, he's amazing, but I think I'd rather hold onto Daunte and get a great rookie LB.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"gregair13" wrote:
    i like the franchise tag rule. allows team to keep that special player that extra year. it sucks having your favorite player leave town.
    that special player that has absolutely no intentions of actually being there, because hes pissed off that he cant sign a long term deal somewhere else?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

There is no way in heck that Baltimore is going to trade Ray Lewis for Daunte Culpepper, i don't even know if we could have got Napoleon Harris for Daunte Culpepper if He was still with the Raiders, nobody wants a wrecked QB, especially if he is known for making some plays with his feet!!! He is damaged good right now!!! lol
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Ray Lewis has a few more years left in him and he is a leader. He would be a great addition to our D in the Middle. He is worth a 2nd round pick for sure.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"olson_10" wrote:
    stupid franchise tag rule is gonna ruin our chance of getting hutchinson..ray lewis would be too difficult to get considering that we would have to give up daunte for sure
    and thats a bad thing ?

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    hmm trade a quarterback with a wrecked knee for a awesome middle linebacker hmm what a tough decision.
    lmao..agreed

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast