COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

NFL News and Notes - Some Inside Info

http://www.draftheadquarter.com
    Just talked to one of my guy's, here's some news:

- With Atlanta hiring a defensive minded coach in Mike Smith, don't be surprised if they look at taking Sedrick Ellis with their 1st Round pick. They are going to take the best player available and would also love to land Darren McFadden. They want to get a quarterback through free agency or through a trade as no one in the front office has the patience to wait for a rookie develop. Don't be surprised if they try to trade DeAngelo Hall for one of the Browns quarterbacks. The Falcons aren't sure yet whether or not they want to trade Hall, but if they do, that's what they'll be aiming for in return.

- The Browns are still trying to work something out with Derek Anderson. Not much news here.

- This one's from me: The Vikings really like Jason Jones, the defensive end from Eastern Michigan. Whether that means they'll pass on a DE in the 1st Round, who knows.

- Don't be surprised if the Dolphins strongly consider Jake Long in the 1st Round. They have an offensive line coach as their head coach and neither of the top defensive lineman seem like a great fit at #1 Overall. Dorsey because he doesn't fit the 3-4 that well and Chris Long because they don't want to pay a 3-4 DE, 1st Overall type of money.

- 60-70% chance that the Cardinals trade Larry Fitzgerald this offseason. Arizona knows that they aren't going to be able to afford him when his contract expires as he could land upwards of $30 Million guaranteed.

I read this on another Vikings site. He's been doing some posting there and I invited him over to PP.O. Anyway, this information cannot be found on his site but he seems to have very good stuff. I have his permission to post anything with proper credit -- in fact I was encouraged to do so.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: NFL News and Notes - Some Inside Info

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.draftheadquarter.com
    Just talked to one of my guy's, here's some news:

- With Atlanta hiring a defensive minded coach in Mike Smith, don't be surprised if they look at taking Sedrick Ellis with their 1st Round pick. They are going to take the best player available and would also love to land Darren McFadden. They want to get a quarterback through free agency or through a trade as no one in the front office has the patience to wait for a rookie develop. Don't be surprised if they try to trade DeAngelo Hall for one of the Browns quarterbacks. The Falcons aren't sure yet whether or not they want to trade Hall, but if they do, that's what they'll be aiming for in return.

- The Browns are still trying to work something out with Derek Anderson. Not much news here.

- This one's from me: The Vikings really like Jason Jones, the defensive end from Eastern Michigan. Whether that means they'll pass on a DE in the 1st Round, who knows.

- Don't be surprised if the Dolphins strongly consider Jake Long in the 1st Round. They have an offensive line coach as their head coach and neither of the top defensive lineman seem like a great fit at #1 Overall. Dorsey because he doesn't fit the 3-4 that well and Chris Long because they don't want to pay a 3-4 DE, 1st Overall type of money.

- 60-70% chance that the Cardinals trade Larry Fitzgerald this offseason. Arizona knows that they aren't going to be able to afford him when his contract expires as he could land upwards of $30 Million guaranteed.

I read this on another Vikings site. He's been doing some posting there and I invited him over to PP.O. Anyway, this information cannot be found on his site but he seems to have very good stuff. I have his permission to post anything with proper credit -- in fact I was encouraged to do so.
    Good post. I really thought the Fitz rumors were just that and maybe they are but it still makes me think. He would instantly make the vikings offense an elite group in 08, and the vikes have the cap space to take the hit of a big signing bonus.