b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

NFL Mock Draft up to Pick 12

As of lately I have read forums on this site intentively day and night and I feel that many of the fans on this page are extremely intelligent and have a very high football IQ. Although these thoughts are impulsive, as I read through people's posts, I feel some of you fans would do a better job in our FO than our current FO!

Since we have already started a thread with the top 12 talent and who might fall to us, I think its time to take it to the next level.

Computing a Mock Draft up to pick 12 will take little more reasoning and much more thought from a fan's perspective to who will be available for the Vikings with that 12th overall pick. I've done a little research on each and every team drafting before us to give myself a better idea of who will be available for us and what our options are. So come on guys take the time and effort to give us some input on YOUR ideas because I'd like to keep my mind open to all options through your opinions.
    None

Re: NFL Mock Draft up to Pick 12

I feel that you still need to wait until after the Pro Days to actually make a legit, accurate Mock Draft. Surprisingly enough for someone who started this forum I have yet to do my first mock draft so here's how I see the first 12 picks going.

1) Carolina Panthers- Blaine Gabbert

Is this a good pick? I wouldn't agree but of course time will tell. Since Ron Rivera has taken over as the head coach he has emphasized finding the franchise guy behind center who will lead the team offensively for the years to come. Well they could take the BPA and snag a QB in the second round, but WAIT... no second round pick and you know what team loves to load up on draft picks. Seeing how many teams need QBs, that Carolina front office must assume that the top 4-7 QBs in the draft can all be gone by pick 13 in the 2nd round! Although improving the D-line may seem like a smart move and give you an immediate/impact starter at a need position, I feel this team has one of its best opportunities to select the QB of their liking and finally build their team around their QB. Also after their first pick, they don't have their next draft pick until the beginning of the third round (65th pick) and the top QBs will definitely be gone by then. Don't forget Ron Rivera came from San Diego and he loved Philip Rivers and enjoyed the luxuries of a great QB!

2) Denver Broncos- Marcell Dareus

Many John Fox followers have him eying Bowers for his Pepper like similarties. I would as well until I found out he absolutely loves Dumervil and feels that Ayers will be an above satisfactory player at least for now. On top of that Jamal Williams was cut, and this team was already on of the worst run defenses in the league. Now your number 1 priority has to be getting a guy in the middle to stuff the run and relieve stress off Dumervil with an interior rush. Bowers will be tempting for John Fox and it wouldn't hurt to have a Freeney/Mathis combo in the Mile High, stadium but I feel that the talent level between Bowers and Dareus are pretty evenly matched up and with DT now being more of a need than DE, this pick has to be Dareus. Besides with this year's draft being so deep at Defensive line, in particular the DEs, I think Denver will be satisfied grabbing maybe a DE or CB at the top of the 2nd.

3) Buffalo Bills- De'Quan Bowers

This offense is surprisingly underrated! Fitzpatrick wasn't that bad (Do not bring up the one Vikings game you saw if its the only bills game you saw). Fred Jackson is defintely a 2nd tier runningback and Stevie Johnson emerged as the easy number 1. When you go to the defensive side of the ball they couldn't stop the pigskin from moving if there lives depended on it. Horrible against the run, bottom 5 in sacks, bottom 5 in INTs, and bottom 5 in points allowed per game. Its obvious that even if they like a QB, its highly recommended you go defense with the third overall pick. Picking up Merrimen off waivers last season definitely benefitted this team and should help this pash rush next year. Kyle Williams was a absolute beast last year. There secondary I think was much like ours, looked worse than it really was due to the inconsistancies upfront. Although I feel in there situation I still take Patrick Peterson just because I feel he is that damn good, they need to upgrade the pass rush upfront especially after cutting Marcus Stroud after his disappointing stint in Buffalo. Bowers will be that potential threat off the edge who you can build the defense around regardless if you put him at OLB or DE and you can build your defense around him (similar to Peppers in Chi).

4) Cincinnati Bengals- AJ Green

Carson Carson Carson!!! He's the big story in Cin right now and it seems like if he's not traded he will be putting away the jersey for good. I doubt the owner whatever his name is trades him even if he can get A LOT of value out of him. I see QB as a need but with their top guy off the board, I feel this team isn't ready to jump the gun on Cam Newton and therefore address their 2nd need at WR. I don't see them grabbing Newton regardless of the situation and if they don't see a QB they absolutely love (don't be surprised if Mallet goes here), I feel they'll take their chances with Carson staying or leaving. AJ Green ultimately gives Chad Johnson the boot and they hope that it will satisfy Carson with Chad I Am Gay out of the picture. Green will definitely be the pick here if Johnson leaves and I feel this WR core has a lot of young talent and hopefully Carson decides to work with the young guys he has and give it another shot. Another option will be to find a compliment to the upcoming Dunlap, but I feel that offense will be the greater need in this draft for them.

5) Arizona Cardinals- Von Miller

Adam Schefter tweeted Miller being a top 5 pick, and that guy doesn't make bold statements unless he's absolutely sure. Besides this pick makes sense to me at number 5. Yes, Arizona has one of the worst QB situations I have ever seen in my life, but Whisenhunt is trying to get off the hot seat, and I don't expect him to put his career in a Rookie's hands especially Cam Newton who will require a lot of development time. Von Miller will give that defense an instant upgrade at not only pass rush but also as a run stopper. He is one of my favorite "characters" in this draft and I do feel he will be a superb player at the next level. This defense desperately needs help from a pass d point of view and run d point of view. Adam Schefter is right again!

6) Cleveland Browns- Patrick Peterson

All I have to say is T.O. He killed there second corner Sheldon Brown or Eric Wright. It was obvious he was gonna get the ball, yet no one could stop the Old Man. The loss of Shaun Rodgers will tempt them to get Nick Fairly but Patrick Peterson falling this low is almost a dream come true. Haden last year and Peterson this year gives this secondary potential to be dangerous for years to come. Although they will really want to go upfront with this pick, Peterson is too damn talented and safe of a pick to pass up on at 6th overall. Having 2 good corners is important in the AFC North with the Ravens and Steelers WR cores.

7) San Francisco 49ers- Robert Quinn

I'm from the Bay Area and live right next to the Niners Training Facility. I feel torn on this pick because its hard to say where Harbough wants to go with this pick. From what I hear he has grown into Alex Smith and is excited to groom him (again). That being said I don't see them going QB with the 7th pick and with their last year's draft devoted to the O-Line, I think its time to go back to the defensive side of the ball. Quinn can defintely be a top 5 talent in this draft and his performance at the combine really helped his draft stock despite sitting out the whole season. I honestly couldn't tell you whether they go Prince Amukamara (didn't have to check spelling btw) or some sort of pass rusher. Ultimately I feel that Quinn will give this defense more of an immediate impact and the cornerback class will be pretty deep throughout the 2nd round so you can expect them to go with someone like Aaron Williams or Brandon Harris in the second round. So with this pick it makes logical sense to go with improving the D-line immediately in hopes that the secondary benefits from great play upfront.

8) Tennessee Titans- Cam Newton

You know Bud Adams doesn't have a problem with grabbing a running QB (Young). I feel that this could be a playoff caliber team with the same QB consistantly playing. Young's gone and I think Collins is a free agent, regardless of what he is, he's pretty damn old. Tennessee's biggest concern is QB IMO and I feel that the guy they want falls to them and they pull the trigger. Its simple Newton's running ability and threat on the bootleg will help Chris Johnson who had a down year. QB is their number 1 priority PERIOD!

9) Dallas Cowboys- Nick Fairley

Defense was horrible according to Jerry Jones. I thought they were great (cough, cough). Regardless, they will go with the best player available even if they don't necessarily need the position (traded up for Dez Bryant last year). Although Fairley is a absolute stud and a great prospect, I feel that due to the sudden emergence of Dareus and the situation and needs of many teams allows Fairley to slide to number 9. Although I really feel that they need to address cornerback and OLB or DE, Fairley is the best player available and is a must take talent wise at this point in the draft. Dallas has been a team not afraid to grab a guy even if he wasn't needed immediately (i.e. Dez Bryant). To me this pick would make absolutely no sense. However, I feel that watching the draft many picks do not make a lot sense to me (Tebow, Hayward-Bey, etc.), and therefore even if I don't agree with a pick I should approach that certain pick with the way THAT franchise approaches the draft, not how I would. Fairley could see a move to DE since Ratliff is in the middle and they do need an upgrade at Igor's side.
    None

Damn I have to write my last picks again... will do so in the morning sorry for the incomplete post but I have Washington getting Locker, Texans- Amukamara and us getting Julio Jones. will give reasoning in the morning!!!
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1090692
    ......snip.....
    Computing a Mock Draft up to pick 12 will take little more reasoning and much more thought from a fan's perspective to who will be available for the Vikings with that 12th overall pick. I've done a little research on each and every team drafting before us to give myself a better idea of who will be available for us and what our options are. So come on guys take the time and effort to give us some input on YOUR ideas because I'd like to keep my mind open to all options through your opinions.
    You might find this thread interesting. Its my take on what teams need right now, Pre-FA/Pre-draft. Your thoughts are welcome.

Team Needs (Pre Draft/FA Period)

I will eventually do a full 7 round mock. That should get you to the next level.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg