Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NFL Free Agency Plans Further Cloud Rice, Edwards

As we wait for news of yet more legal maneuvers in the on-going NFL vs. NFLPA dispute, a report has come down that adds a further layer of uncertainty to this already painfully confusing situation. Just what we needed: less clarity!

The frustrating new report, via Sports Business Daily, touches on the NFL’s free agency rules. All along we’ve been led to believe that, if and when the lockout is lifted and the league year begins, the NFL would go forward under the 2010 rules. But now it appears that assumption was a little hasty. The new report says the NFL is in fact putting together a new set of rules for 2011 that might be entirely different than the 2010 rules.
    NFL Free Agency Plans Further Cloud Rice, Edwards Situations
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: NFL Free Agency Plans Further Cloud Rice, Edwards

A small NFL working group, in existence for about a month, is currently drafting plans for a ‘11 season without ‘10 rules, though the league has not made a decision whether to use last year’s set or the product of this working group, a source said. The working group’s plans ramped up after league committee meetings in Indianapolis late last week, this source said. The ‘10 free agency rules were the last under the CBA renewal struck with the NFLPA in ‘06 and which expired March 11.
    NFL Lockout Watch, Day 59: NFL Rules Could Differ From Last Year If Forced To Open
    Some interesting stuff going on in the background my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL Free Agency Plans Further Cloud Rice, Edwards

If only they would have a group working as hard behind the scenes to actually solve the whole problem this might be over already.