Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: NFL Draft Q&A: Arizona OT Eben Britton

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingMike link=topic=51461.msg935232#msg935232 date=1239926749]
    [size=13pt]Britton speculation gaining steam[/size]

April 16th, 2009 – 5:00 PM by Judd Zulgad

The Sporting News draft preview predicts the Vikings will take Arizona offensive tackle Eben Britton with the 22nd pick in the first round of the April 25 draft. Local draft expert Shawn Zobel also has the Vikings going with Britton in his latest mock draft, which was posted on Monday.
    [size=13pt]2009 Mock Draft[/size]
    He would be a nice selection, he would have to get through a laundry list of teams that have had him in for work outs especially the Chargers.
    Rumor control has them torn between Beatty and Eben.

http://football.about.com/od/teamnee...amneeds_SD.htm

Was listening to "Movin the Chains" yesterday (I'm sure you were too), and they made a great point about how safe it is to pick a top-notch OT. Even if he's a "bust" at LT (like Gallery), he can move to RT or G, and still be productive. Whereas if a QB/WR is a bust, he'll be gone in 3 years.
    I was.
    And that point is becoming more and more prevalant (IMHO) with the top picks.
    Won't be long and you won't see many "Skilled" positions taken at all in the top 15 picks or so.

How boring will drafts like that be?

;D
    meh
    IMO that will make them more entertaining. I usually get bored after the first. This would change that.
    Good point. Get all the boring picks out of the way and then start mining for nuggets.

;D
    [/quote]

"Minning for nuggets" ie- sifting through the leftover crap.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51461.msg935315#msg935315 date=1239974488]

The Sporting News draft preview predicts the Vikings will take Arizona offensive tackle Eben Britton with the 22nd pick in the first round of the April 25 draft. Local draft expert Shawn Zobel also has the Vikings going with Britton in his latest mock draft, which was posted on Monday.
    He would be a nice selection, he would have to get through a laundry list of teams that have had him in for work outs especially the Chargers.

Was listening to "Movin the Chains" yesterday (I'm sure you were too), and they made a great point about how safe it is to pick a top-notch OT. Even if he's a "bust" at LT (like Gallery), he can move to RT or G, and still be productive. Whereas if a QB/WR is a bust, he'll be gone in 3 years.
    I was.
    Won't be long and you won't see many "Skilled" positions taken at all in the top 15 picks or so.

;D
    meh
    IMO that will make them more entertaining. I usually get bored after the first. This would change that.
    Good point. Get all the boring picks out of the way and then start mining for nuggets.

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Hope we find some left over crap like this.....

http://www.faniq.com/blog/NFL-Draft-...ars-Blog-21850
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingMike link=topic=51461.msg935322#msg935322 date=1239975381]

I was.

;D
    meh

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or like this: http://dealspl.us/Camcorders_deals

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51461.msg935331#msg935331 date=1239976637]
    [quote author=VikingMike link=topic=51461.msg935322#msg935322 date=1239975381]

I was.

;D
    meh

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or like this: http://dealspl.us/Camcorders_deals

[/quote]
    You crack me up.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

look9ng at some sites teviews of this kid and some positives and negatives.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/Eben-Britton.php

Strengths:
    Ideal size with a large frame and room to add more weight...Excellent technician who understands angles and positioning...Tough, physical and plays to the whistle...Good strength and power...Gets a nice push in the run game...Has a terrific initial punch...Is stout at the point of attack...Neutralizes defenders when locked on...Outstanding football IQ and awareness..Hard worker..Leader..Durable...Lots of experience.

Weaknesses:
    Average athleticism...Has short arms...Doesn't always play with the proper pad level...Does not handle speed off the edge well...Struggles in space and range is limited...Does not have great feet...Poor lateral mobility..Marginal agility, quickness and balance...How much upside?

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009_NFL_Draft/eben_britton.htm

Thanks to his height (6’6”), strength and physicality, Britton has a future at right tackle or maybe inside at guard if his feet prove to slow to handle playing tackle in the pros.
    He’s an adequate pass protector but his strength lies in his ability to blow defenders of the line of scrimmage in run blocking.

Arizona’s spread and athletic QB, Willie Tuitama, took a lot of pressure off of the o-line and masked some of Britton’s faults.
    That said, he has an enormous wingspan and a solid frame.
    After arriving at Arizona weighing around 340lbs, Britton has worked himself into a stout 315-310lbs.
    Britton is smart and reacts quickly to stunts and blitzes and his height gives him a long kick-step, not to mention the long arms, to help deal with speed rushers since he’s not athletic or quick-twitched enough to keep up with them.

Combining a devastating hand punch and excellent upper- and lower-body strength, Britton dominates when it’s time to smack someone in the mouth.
    He get’s low in his stances and can push a defender where he wants them to go.
    His strength, size and intensity make him fairly intimidating to go up against.

What keeps Britton from getting mentioned in the same breath as Andre and Jason Smith, Michael Oher and Eugene Monroe is his sluggish feet.
    He just doesn’t haven’t the foot speed necessary to play LT in the pros and speed rushers can give him real problems if he can’t lock on right away.
    He has trouble adjusting and recovering when beat but Tuitama did a good job of evading the rush and getting the ball out quickly, hiding this to a degree.
    In space, Britton can be somewhat of a lumbering oaf (I think that’s the best way to describe him, he’s pretty ugly trying to block smaller, faster players in the open), when in space and tends to lunge.

Despite his pass blocking issues, Britton is a good prospect with starting potential and offers value at RT or guard.
    He’s not elite by any means but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get taken around the middle of the third round.
    There is a ton of talent at tackle, along with guard Duke Robinson and center/guard Alex Mack, and o-line seems to be a possible priority for teams and may lead to some lineman going higher than expected.

Potentially. Britton started 24 games at right tackle over his redshirt freshman and sophomore seasons, then moved to the opposite side for his final season with the Wildcats. The Patriots drafted Ryan O’Callaghan in 2006 at right tackle, but he missed all of last season after suffering a shoulder injury in training camp; Nick Kaczur, who has been the starter at the spot, has had his share of struggles.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo-20090403-eben-britton.977ad55a.html

Blessed with a tremendous wingspan to go with great size, Britton can overpower his opponent. He has good awareness in recognizing the blitz and responding. Britton’s strength is as a run blocker, and the two-time captain led an Arizona offense that had 31 rushing touchdowns in 2008 (after just seven the season before).

However, some scouts feel that Britton would have benefited from staying in school for his senior season. He let rushers get their hands into his chest too often and can work on his movement; Britton’s foot speed is lacking, which may necessitate that he play right tackle in the NFL.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Taking a 3rd round pick in the 1st sounds about right!
    I rather draft Alex boone in the 7th and ignore his DUI.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    3rd round?

At worst he has been projected early/mid second before the combine.
    After the combine he had private workouts with almost every team ahead of us.
    Some, multiple workouts/interviews.

A kid getting all that attention is far from a 3rd rounder my friend.

I still say the Chargers will snatch him if he gets to them. (See the link I provided earlier).

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

That is obviously not always the case.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    3rd round?

Some, multiple I/interviews.

A kid getting all that attention is far from a 3rd rounder My Sexy Little Pixie.

I still say the Chargers will snatch him if he gets to them. (See the link I provided earlier).
    Marr,
    He is being worked out because everyone know that there is a bull rush of OL in the first, regardless of the have legitimit first round talent. I had him rated as a 3rd talent when u ignore position. There is a difference between where someone is drafted and where they should be drafted. Britt will be drafted in the first but he has late 2 round talent.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    3rd round?

Some, multiple I/interviews.

A kid getting all that attention is far from a 3rd rounder My Sexy Little Pixie.

Marr,
    He is being worked out because everyone know that there is a bull rush of OL in the first, regardless of the have legitimit first round talent. I had him rated as a 3rd talent when u ignore position. There is a difference between where someone is drafted and where they should be drafted. Britt will be drafted in the first but he has late 2 round talent.
    LOL, Wow, I never new that.
    ;D

JK, good point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12