Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

NFL Draft Q&A: Arizona OT Eben Britton

[size=13pt]Eben Britton[/size]

By Ed Thompson
    Scout.com Senior NFL Analyst
    Posted Apr 16, 2009

He's from Brooklyn ... and from California. He's a warrior on the football field and a writer and a poet off the field. Oh, and he's also speculated to be the Vikings' first-round pick on April 25. Meet one of the top offensive tackles in this year's NFL Draft, Arizona's Eben Britton, in this exclusive Scout.com interview.

Heard him interviewed on Sirius, I like this guy a lot.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: NFL Draft Q&A: Arizona OT Eben Britton

Listened to the same interview.
    He has actually been on there alot.
    With the number of teams that have looked at him, especially the ones above us, and his ability to play both T positions I am betting he is long gone before 22.

I just saw a 7 round mock done by some yutz that has him going.....

16 Chargers Eben Britton, OT
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[size=13pt]Britton speculation gaining steam[/size]

April 16th, 2009 – 5:00 PM by Judd Zulgad

The Sporting News draft preview predicts the Vikings will take Arizona offensive tackle Eben Britton with the 22nd pick in the first round of the April 25 draft. Local draft expert Shawn Zobel also has the Vikings going with Britton in his latest mock draft, which was posted on Monday.
    [size=13pt]2009 Mock Draft[/size]
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I still would like us to go after Tauscher soon.
    The man is still out there, come on.
    Not only does it help us, but it hurts the Pack.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    I still would like us to go after Tauscher soon.
    The man is still out there, come on.
    Not only does it help us, but it hurts the Pack.
    I am sure he is still in the back of the staffs mind. They will keep an eye on him.

"VikingMike" wrote:

The Sporting News draft preview predicts the Vikings will take Arizona offensive tackle Eben Britton with the 22nd pick in the first round of the April 25 draft. Local draft expert Shawn Zobel also has the Vikings going with Britton in his latest mock draft, which was posted on Monday.
    He would be a nice selection, he would have to get through a laundry list of teams that have had him in for work outs especially the Chargers.
    Rumor control has them torn between Beatty and Eben.

http://football.about.com/od/teamnee...amneeds_SD.htm
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

He would be a nice selection, he would have to get through a laundry list of teams that have had him in for work outs especially the Chargers.

Was listening to "Movin the Chains" yesterday (I'm sure you were too), and they made a great point about how safe it is to pick a top-notch OT. Even if he's a "bust" at LT (like Gallery), he can move to RT or G, and still be productive. Whereas if a QB/WR is a bust, he'll be gone in 3 years.

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Was listening to "Movin the Chains" yesterday (I'm sure you were too), and they made a great point about how safe it is to pick a top-notch OT. Even if he's a "bust" at LT (like Gallery), he can move to RT or G, and still be productive. Whereas if a QB/WR is a bust, he'll be gone in 3 years.
    I was.
    And that point is becoming more and more prevalant (IMHO) with the top picks.
    Won't be long and you won't see many "Skilled" positions taken at all in the top 15 picks or so.

How boring will drafts like that be?
    ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

I was.
    Won't be long and you won't see many "Skilled" positions taken at all in the top 15 picks or so.

;D
    meh
    IMO that will make them more entertaining. I usually get bored after the first. This would change that.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

I was.

;D
    meh
    IMO that will make them more entertaining. I usually get bored after the first. This would change that.
    Good point. Get all the boring picks out of the way and then start mining for nuggets.
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast