Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

It's not a big deal at all, but they mentioned Kyle Brady retiring after this year. That's so sad, he was my favorite TE of all time, don't ask why, I guess just a classy guy, and a GREAT blocker.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

"danimal292" wrote:
    noooooooo.. everywhere i look... CUTLER!!! haha.. I hope this is one hell of a smoke screen. whoever the dude is on this site whos been all about Omar Jacobs... Im with u.. just as much a risk as cutler, but u dont have to waste a 1st rounder...

well cutler is a great pick at 17. he is regarded by many anylists to be the safest qb in this draft!!! i would be super happy if we got cutler!!! :lol:

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

well, espn rumor mill is saying we may grab DeAngelo Williams

"Williams at mercy of market
    <Apr. 26> Because so few teams are looking to fill a hole at tailback, Williams is going to go a little later in the first round than he really should, and some club is going to get a steal, ESPN.com Len Pasquarelli reports. The fourth-leading rusher in Division I-A history, Williams ranked among the top five rushers in the country in each of his last three seasons, and is arguably the best pure runner in the '06 draft.
    Despite signing Chester Taylor in free agency, the Vikings still want to strengthen the tailback spot."

danimal292 is offline Rookie

but have we learned nothing from the scores and scores of busts throughout the years... they were highly thought of by analysts too.. im not saying Cutler will suck... but I am saying he hasnt done anything to prove hes THAT good... now D. Williams I'd love (but thats me)

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

If we pick up Williams, we would be looking to trade on of the backs Fason or Moore.. and i dont see that hapning.. However DeAngelo is an ideal fit for WCO..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"KorenWhiskey" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "KorenWhiskey" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Why would we trade with the Dolphins? If they really want Cutler, is trading down one spot going to convinve them otherwise? They are not going to draft a QB just to spite us. Trading up one spot is just dumb and unneccesary.
    The problem is.....If we want Cutler, we might have to trade with the Dolphins, so that the Jets and the Dolphins don't trade so that the Jets get him.

I agree with V-Unit on this one. The Dolphins are not going to pick a QB just to screw us over. Trading up 1 spot is stupid, and not only that, but we would still have to give upmore then just our #17 pick. Do you honestly believe that any team is just going to swap picks with us so that we can get better?

No way, they are going to want more then just a swap. I also believe that if we are that concerned about getting Cutler instead of the Jets getting him, that we will trade farther up in the draft so that it won't even be a concern. If we have to give up more then just our #17 pick, we may as well make it worth while.
    I'm just relaying what I read from a Miami newspaper article, that if the Jets don't take Leinart and Cutler is available, they may trade up with the Dolphins to take him. IF....IF we want Cutler, we may need to trade up 1 spot and give a 4th round pick to get him
    If we really want Cutler, this will not even be an issue. We will trade to the 9-12 range and get him there. If we sit and Cutler is availabel at 16, that already means we have a different attitude on him. More like "If he falls to us great, if not no big deal." I don't see us watching him fall ALL the way to 16 and then getting really excited about him. I expect a move around pick 10 or no movement at all.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Json is offline GM

I say screw Cutler and trade our 1st round pick to Atlanta for Schaub. We don't have to give up a first and 2nd rounder to move up in the draft and we get a guy who has some experience in the NFL and could actually compete for a starting job with Johnson.

If Johnson wins it's all good because it gives Schaub one more year to learn behind Johnson who is a smart QB.

Prophet Guest

Colts | Colts looking to once again shore up the defense
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:40:17 -0700

Tom James, of the Tribune Star, reports the Indianapolis Colts may select a running back in the NFL Draft, but upgrading their defense also remains a priority. Outside linebacker, safety and cornerback are expected to the biggest areas of need. Indianapolis will be looking to replace LB David Thornton, who signed a free agent contract with the Tennessee Titans. "You're always looking to improve yourself on defense," team president Bill Polian said. "Anytime that you can get a difference maker or a major contributor, that's what we're looking for."

Colts | Polian leaving the door open to drafting a running back
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:39:41 -0700

Tom James, of the Tribune Star, reports Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian has left the door wide open to the possibility of drafting a running back at some point over the next two days. The issue remaining is when they will make their move. The Colts have the 30th pick in the first round and most pro football experts see the team taking someone like Minnesota RB Laurence Maroney or UCLA RB Maurice Drew with that selection. Polian believes that a draft deep in running backs, which appears to be the case this year, may allow Indianapolis the luxury of waiting a bit before finding someone to fill the extremely large shoes of former Colts RB Edgerrin James. "You should always take the best player. You should not allow a need to get in the way of taking the best player. And we always try to do that," Polian pointed out Thursday, April 27, during a pre-draft news conference.

Texans | R. Bush or M. Williams still not decided
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:24:59 -0700

ESPN's Michael Smith reports the Houston Texans still have not decided who they will select with the first pick in the NFL Draft, North Carolina State DE Mario Williams or USC RB Reggie Bush. Negotiations with both players have not been fruitful. Smith says negotiations will pick up when the Texans decide which player they want to select.

Cardinals | Top pick will not be used on offensive lineman
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:23:45 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals are expected to take at least one offensive lineman in the NFL Draft, but they are not likely to use their top pick on one.

Titans | No. 3 overall pick expected to get $20M guaranteed
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:51:41 -0700

Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans can expect to spend approximately $20 million in guaranteed money to the No. 3 overall pick in the NFL Draft if they stay in the spot. Cleveland Browns WR Braylon Edwards received $18.5 million in guaranteed money as part of his five-year deal as the No. 3 overall selection in the 2005 draft. A bigger salary cap due to the new collective bargaining agreement, the typical salary increase from year to year and the likelihood that the Titans will select a quarterback is the reason of the increase in guaranteed money.

Eagles | Team has pre-draft visit with H. Baskett
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:51:46 -0700

Jesse Wolfersberger, of the Portales News-Tribune, reports the Philadelphia Eagles conducted a pre-draft visit with New Mexico WR Hank Baskett. He's one of the taller receivers in this year's class. The biggest knock on Baskett is his speed. At the NFL Combine in February in Indianapolis, Baskett said he wanted to put those concerns to rest. "I told (scouts) that I would run in the 4.4s," Baskett said. "My first time, I ran a 4.50, then the next time I was 4.49." His agent is Jim Ivler.

Prophet Guest

NFL | More about R. Bush situation
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:45:22 -0700

ESPN's Joe Schad reports the NFL investigated the fact that agent David Caravantes and marketing company New Era Sports tried to force USC RB Reggie Bush to pay $3.2 million to them after Bush would not sign with him and his firm to represent him as an agent. Caravantes allegedly threatened to release "embarrassing" information about the Bush family if the money was not paid. Sources also say Caravantes tried to evict the family from a San Diego house they rented from his business associate Michael Michaels. A source close to Bush said NFL security has contacted the four teams at the top of the NFL Draft to tell them Bush was a victim of the threats.

Steelers | Team conducted a pre-draft visit with Blackmon
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:25:40 -0700

Kevin McNamara, of the Providence Journal, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers conducted a pre-draft visit with Boston College WR/CB Will Blackmon. His agent is Eugene Parker. The Steelers were the only team he visited, but he said Parker is talking to a lot of teams.

Rams | Team talking contract with G. Jackson
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:52:10 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have held contract talks with free agent DL Grady Jackson (Packers). Signing him probably wouldn't affect the team's NFL Draft plans.

Rams | Team talking contract with Fisk
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:51:51 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have held contract talks with free agent DL Jason Fisk (Browns). Signing him probably wouldn't affect the team's NFL Draft plans.

Jets | Team to address the quarterback situation later in the NFL Draft?
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:28:53 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports despite some reports the New York Jets are interested in pursuing a trade to select Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler as their second pick of the first round of the NFL Draft, most people involved in the pre-draft posturing believe they will address the quarterback position later. According to one person familiar with the Jets' strategy, scouts and team officials are still at odds over which second-tier quarterback the Jets should select in the second or third round. That person even believes it's a remote possibility that the Jets won't address the quarterback position at all, despite QB Chad Pennington's questionable future and QB Patrick Ramsey's spotty track record as a starter. Depending on how the top of the draft plays out, it is still possible that the Jets could wait until the third round to pick a quarterback. The candidates for the Jets are Alabama QB Brodie Croyle, Oregon QB Kellen Clemens and Clemson QB Charlie Whitehurst.

Bengals | Team had pre-draft workout with R. Edwards
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:28:34 -0700

Jon Nyartawa, of the Exponent, reports the Cincinnati Bengals conducted a pre-draft workout with Purdue DE Ray Edwards.

Chiefs | Chiefs will look for cornerbacks
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:11:00 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson has commented that he likes the depth and quality the NFL Draft is providing at the cornerback position this year. Peterson said there would be good cornerbacks available in the first and second rounds capable of starting their rookie year. The Chiefs currently have a void in the starting cornerback position opposite CB Patrick Surtain.

Chiefs | Chiefs may not draft for need
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:10:21 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs' vice president of player personnel Bill Kuharich is a believer in drafting the best available player on the board during the NFL Draft, "My opinion is that you take the best player available regardless of position, but Carl might not feel that way." Kuharich is referring to Chiefs' president/general manager Carl Peterson who will have the final say on the team's draft picks.

Colts | Team could move down in the NFL Draft
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:46:51 -0700

Reggie Hayes, of the News-Sentinel, reports Indianapolis Colts team president Bill Polian indicated the team could move down in the NFL Draft. The Colts may be willing to deal the No.30 pick for one earlier in the second round, where they'd be assured to land one of their running back choices, plus pick up something extra. "Trading down is certainly a real possibility," Polian said. Polian said he believes a quality replacement for RB Edgerrin James will be available when the Colts are ready to pick a running back, whether it's the first, second or even third round.

Colts | Team not interested in L. White?
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:39:50 -0700

Reggie Hayes, of the News-Sentinel, reports Indianapolis Colts team president Bill Polian seemed to indicate the team is not interested in drafting USC RB LenDale White. "We're not into big," Polian said. "We need a good back."

Jaguars | Team showing some interest in Burton
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:39:12 -0700

The Cheektowaga Times reports Temple DT Antwon Burton (6-3, 315) said that he and his agent, Marty Magid, have received an inquiry of interest from the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Eagles | Team showing some interest in Burton
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:38:27 -0700

The Cheektowaga Times reports Temple DT Antwon Burton (6-3, 315) said that he and his agent, Marty Magid, have received an inquiry of interest from the Philadelphia Eagles.

Cowboys | Team showing some interest in Burton
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:37:42 -0700

The Cheektowaga Times reports Temple DT Antwon Burton (6-3, 315) said that he and his agent, Marty Magid, have received an inquiry of interest from the Dallas Cowboys.

Broncos | Team showing some interest in Burton
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:27:11 -0700

The Cheektowaga Times reports Temple DT Antwon Burton (6-3, 315) said that he and his agent, Marty Magid, have received an inquiry of interest from the Denver Broncos.

Giants | Team will see who falls to them at No. 25
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:25:21 -0700

Arthur Staple, of Newsday, reports it will be wait and see for the New York Giants with the No. 25 pick in the NFL Draft, especially because general manager Ernie Accorsi does not seem inclined to trade up and relinquish one of his six picks. As he said last week, it's not good to pick late, but "you're there for the right reasons."

Giants | Accorsi impressed with Cromartie
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:12:50 -0700

Arthur Staple, of Newsday, reports New York Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi said on WFAN Thursday, April 27, that he was particularly impressed with the workout of Florida State CB Antonio Cromartie, who missed last season with torn ligaments in his left knee. At 6-2, 208 pounds, Cromartie has the size a corner needs in Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis' cover-2 scheme, but he may be too big a risk after having not played in more than a year.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Why would we trade with the Dolphins? If they really want Cutler, is trading down one spot going to convinve them otherwise? They are not going to draft a QB just to spite us. Trading up one spot is just dumb and unneccesary.
    they wouldnt draft a QB just to screw us over, they would draft one because they know that culpepper is a huuuuuge question mark for the rest of his career..it only cost them a draft pick to get daunte, so if he really doesnt pan out, then they can stick him on the bench or trade him somewhere else to get their pick back, while still having cutler to fall back on
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast