Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Prophet Guest

    NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    Bears | Team may look to trade down in the NFL Draft
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:18:48 -0700

    Mike Mulligan, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports a source said three or four teams have inquired about the Chicago Bears' willingness to trade down in the NFL Draft. The thinking around the league is that with all 22 starters returning, the Bears can draft for "wants and not need,' as general manager Jerry Angelo puts it, and will be able to drop into the second round without a negative impact on the 2006 roster. The No. 26 pick might be the start of a run on offensive linemen. And with the Bears returning their top eight linemen, they might be willing to move down.


    Chargers | Team seems inclined to stay at No. 19
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:59:07 -0700

    Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers seem inclined to keep their No. 19 pick in the first round of the NFL Draft. Their top target also appears to be a cornerback. Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said the process on draft day will not vary at No. 19 from what it was at No. 5 or No. 12. Same as always, he has identified a group of five to seven players he believes will be available and ranked them accordingly.


    Jets | V. Davis thinks the Jets will pick him
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:42:09 -0700

    Mark Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports Maryland TE Vernon Davis thinks the New York Jets will select him in the first round of the NFL Draft. "I think I'm going to the Jets," Davis told The Post Wednesday, April 27. "If I'd say anything, I'd say the Jets will draft me. I'm pretty sure, if nothing crazy happens, it'll be the Jets." Asked if he believes he can come in and be an immediate impact player, Davis said, "Oh, I know I can, right away."


    Dolphins | Talking trade with several teams
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:41:38 -0700

    Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have held talks with several teams, including the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets, about trading first-round picks in this weekend's NFL Draft. Two NFL sources said the Vikings are looking to move up to select Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler, if he is still on the board when Miami selects at No. 16. Miami does not have a stated need at quarterback, but head coach Nick Saban has not discounted the possibility of taking a quarterback such as Cutler if he slips in the first round. The Jets are included among the teams talking about trading up from their 29th overall selection because they covet a quarterback if they don't land one with their No. 4 overall pick.

  2. #2
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    Why would we trade with the Dolphins? If they really want Cutler, is trading down one spot going to convinve them otherwise? They are not going to draft a QB just to spite us. Trading up one spot is just dumb and unneccesary.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  3. #3
    KorenWhiskey's Avatar
    KorenWhiskey is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    32

    Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Why would we trade with the Dolphins? If they really want Cutler, is trading down one spot going to convinve them otherwise? They are not going to draft a QB just to spite us. Trading up one spot is just dumb and unneccesary.
    The problem is.....If we want Cutler, we might have to trade with the Dolphins, so that the Jets and the Dolphins don't trade so that the Jets get him.

  4. #4
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    Same as the Dolphins did with us to get Carey was it? The Guard, two years ago. Pissed me off, I am trying to go to work, and my computer was broken, showing the dolphins drafting where we should...LOL. It is really strange to me the connections between the Vikes and Dolphins. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me, but it sure is there.

  5. #5
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    "KorenWhiskey" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Why would we trade with the Dolphins? If they really want Cutler, is trading down one spot going to convinve them otherwise? They are not going to draft a QB just to spite us. Trading up one spot is just dumb and unneccesary.
    The problem is.....If we want Cutler, we might have to trade with the Dolphins, so that the Jets and the Dolphins don't trade so that the Jets get him.

    I agree with V-Unit on this one. The Dolphins are not going to pick a QB just to screw us over. Trading up 1 spot is stupid, and not only that, but we would still have to give upmore then just our #17 pick. Do you honestly believe that any team is just going to swap picks with us so that we can get better?

    No way, they are going to want more then just a swap. I also believe that if we are that concerned about getting Cutler instead of the Jets getting him, that we will trade farther up in the draft so that it won't even be a concern. If we have to give up more then just our #17 pick, we may as well make it worth while.

  6. #6
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    Same as the Dolphins did with us to get Carey was it? The Guard, two years ago. Pissed me off, I am trying to go to work, and my computer was broken, showing the dolphins drafting where we should...LOL. It is really strange to me the connections between the Vikes and Dolphins. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me, but it sure is there.
    No, we traded down one spot with the Dolphins so they could draft Vernon Carey and we got an extra 4th round pick for it and I believe we turned that pick into Mewelde Moore.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  7. #7
    KorenWhiskey's Avatar
    KorenWhiskey is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    32

    Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "KorenWhiskey" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Why would we trade with the Dolphins? If they really want Cutler, is trading down one spot going to convinve them otherwise? They are not going to draft a QB just to spite us. Trading up one spot is just dumb and unneccesary.
    The problem is.....If we want Cutler, we might have to trade with the Dolphins, so that the Jets and the Dolphins don't trade so that the Jets get him.

    I agree with V-Unit on this one. The Dolphins are not going to pick a QB just to screw us over. Trading up 1 spot is stupid, and not only that, but we would still have to give upmore then just our #17 pick. Do you honestly believe that any team is just going to swap picks with us so that we can get better?

    No way, they are going to want more then just a swap. I also believe that if we are that concerned about getting Cutler instead of the Jets getting him, that we will trade farther up in the draft so that it won't even be a concern. If we have to give up more then just our #17 pick, we may as well make it worth while.
    I'm just relaying what I read from a Miami newspaper article, that if the Jets don't take Leinart and Cutler is available, they may trade up with the Dolphins to take him. IF....IF we want Cutler, we may need to trade up 1 spot and give a 4th round pick to get him

  8. #8
    Prophet Guest

    Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    Texans | Team interested in acquiring another first round choice
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:05:30 -0700

    John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans, who own the first pick of the second round, are interested in trading up and may have a potential partner in the Chicago Bears. The Bears own the No. 26 pick and may be interested in trading down.


    Bills | Talking potential trade with Bears
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:05:05 -0700

    John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are attempting to acquire a second first round pick. The Chicago Bears, who own the No. 26 pick, may be interested in dealing.


    Bears | Team ready to trade down
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:04:09 -0700

    John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Chicago Bears may be looking to trade out of the first round. The team feels its has solved its most glaring weakness by adding nickelback Ricky Manning Jr. and could use the extra picks to add depth to their squad.


    Raiders | Alston likely to go early in the second round
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:03:04 -0700

    John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Stanford LB Jon Alston could draw interest at the top of the second round from the Oakland Raiders.


    Rams | Hill could fill Rams need
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:50:05 -0700

    John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the St. Louis Rams might be interested in Clemson CB Tye Hill with the No. 11 pick. Hill is considered by many as the best pure cover corner in the draft.


    Jaguars | Lewis an intriguing option
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:49:17 -0700

    John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars are considering drafting UCLA TE Marcedes Lewis. TE Kyle Brady is not expected to return after next season.


    Jaguars | Team considering White
    Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:45:49 -0700

    John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars are considering drafting USC RB LenDale White with their first round pick (No. 28) as the eventual successor to oft-injured RB Fred Taylor.

  9. #9
    danimal292's Avatar
    danimal292 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    99

    Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    noooooooo.. everywhere i look... CUTLER!!! haha.. I hope this is one hell of a smoke screen. whoever the dude is on this site whos been all about Omar Jacobs... Im with u.. just as much a risk as cutler, but u dont have to waste a 1st rounder...

  10. #10
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,843

    Re: NFL Draft info. (27 April 2006) from KFFL

    As long as we don't end up with Whitehurst, i'm cool

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Draft Info. (24 April 2006) from KFFL
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 01:11 PM
  2. NFL Draft info. (22 April 2006) from KFFL
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 10:45 PM
  3. NFL Draft info. (21 April 2006) from KFFL
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 01:35 AM
  4. NFL draft info. (20 April 2006) from KFFL
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 02:21 PM
  5. NFL draft info. (18 April 2006) from KFFL
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 06:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •