Prophet Guest

NFL Draft info. (25 April 2006) from KFFL

Redskins | Team not likely to trade up
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:16:54 -0700

Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs said Monday, April 24, that it was unlikely that the Redskins would attempt to move up from their spot in the second round of the NFL Draft. "Obviously, when you're at 53, you need to calculate who will be there," Gibbs said. "I think you could always move up, and when you get through with your final calculations you have to decide if it's smart. We've had some people talk to us about it, but it is not very likely we'll be able to do something."

Eagles | Heckert thinks Lawson can play strongside linebacker
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:15:45 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said he thinks North Carolina State DE/LB Manny Lawson can also play strongside linebacker.

Eagles | Heckert thinks Wimbley can play strongside linebacker
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:15:13 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said he thinks Florida State DE/LB Kamerion Wimbley can also play strongside linebacker.

Eagles | Mangold could be a first-round candidate
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:48:41 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports a name that's coming up as a potential first-round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles is Ohio State OC Nick Mangold. Initially projected as a second-rounder, Mangold could fill the need at center the Eagles tried to fill with OC LeCharles Bentley, before he signed with the Cleveland Browns.

Cardinals | Team could select tight end day one of the NFL Draft
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:40:51 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green hasn't used his tight end much on the teams he has coached, but he has never had a tight end like Maryland TE Vernon Davis. It's not surprising that the Cardinals' vice president of football operations, Rod Graves, acknowledged the team would be thrilled to take Davis if he somehow slipped to the team's 10th selection. Green said the tight end class this season is top-heavy, with players like Georgia TE Leonard Pope and UCLA TE Marcedes Lewis, with not a lot of depth. There is a school of thought that, even if Davis is gone in the first round, the Cards might look at a tight end on the first day of the draft. Something worth noting, in Green's 12 seasons with Minnesota and Arizona, the top pass-catching tight end averaged only 34 catches for 363 yards a season.

Giants | Teammates would like to see team draft Rosenhaus clients
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:34:28 -0700

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports several New York Giants players are hoping the team will draft some of their friends that are represented by agent Drew Rosenhaus. Those players include: Michigan DT Gabe Watson, Miami OT Eric Winston and Miami WR Sinorice Moss. Those happen to be three positions of interest to the Giants. "Each of my prominent clients all has a guy they would like," Rosenhaus said. "I was just chatting with Antonio (LB Pierce); he would love to see the team get a big, run-stuffing d-tackle, and I know Antonio mentioned something to me about Gabe. I know Shockey (TE Jeremy) would love to have his buddy Eric Winston, they're close friends. He recruited Eric to Miami as a tight end. I know that Plax (WR Plaxico Burress) has said to me that he would love for the team to get Sinorice to have a guy opposite him to help their passing game. I'm trying to stay out of it."

Patriots | Team conducted pre-draft visit with McCann
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:33:47 -0700

Chuck Finder, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the New England Patriots conducted a pre-draft visit with West Virginia CB Dee McCann.

Eagles | Team conducted pre-draft visit with McCann
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:30:57 -0700

Chuck Finder, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Philadelphia Eagles conducted a pre-draft visit with West Virginia CB Dee McCann.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Draft info. (25 April 2006) from KFFL

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports several New York Giants players are hoping the team will draft some of their friends that are represented by agent Drew Rosenhaus. Those players include: Michigan DT Gabe Watson, Miami OT Eric Winston and Miami WR Sinorice Moss. Those happen to be three positions of interest to the Giants. "Each of my prominent clients all has a guy they would like," Rosenhaus said. "I was just chatting with Antonio (LB Pierce); he would love to see the team get a big, run-stuffing d-tackle, and I know Antonio mentioned something to me about Gabe. I know Shockey (TE Jeremy) would love to have his buddy Eric Winston, they're close friends. He recruited Eric to Miami as a tight end. I know that Plax (WR Plaxico Burress) has said to me that he would love for the team to get Sinorice to have a guy opposite him to help their passing game. I'm trying to stay out of it."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a putz!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

Cardinals | Team showing recent interest in B. Hawkins
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:47:26 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Arizona Cardinals are showing recent interest in Illinois State DE Brent Hawkins.

Giants | Team showing recent interest in B. Hawkins
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:46:27 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the New York Giants are showing recent interest in Illinois State DE Brent Hawkins.

Falcons | Team conducted pre-draft visit with B. Hawkins
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:45:45 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Atlanta Falcons conducted a pre-draft visit with Illinois State DE Brent Hawkins.

Chiefs | Team conducted pre-draft visit with B. Hawkins
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:44:29 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Kansas City Chiefs conducted a pre-draft visit with Illinois State DE Brent Hawkins.

Packers | Team conducted pre-draft visit with B. Hawkins
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:43:21 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Green Bay Packers conducted a pre-draft visit with Illinois State DE Brent Hawkins.

Cowboys | Team conducted pre-draft visit with B. Hawkins
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:42:51 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Dallas Cowboys conducted a pre-draft visit with Illinois State DE Brent Hawkins. They see him as an outside linebacker.

Steelers | Team conducted pre-draft visit with B. Hawkins
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:42:02 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers conducted a pre-draft visit with Illinois State DE Brent Hawkins. They see him as an outside linebacker.

Jaguars | Team conducted pre-draft visit with B. Hawkins
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:41:01 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars conducted a pre-draft visit with Illinois State DE Brent Hawkins. They also checked out Hawkins one final time in a private workout Sunday, April 23.

Bears | Team conducted pre-draft visit with B. Hawkins
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:34:19 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears conducted a pre-draft visit with Illinois State DE Brent Hawkins. Different teams are interested in Hawkins for different reasons. Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith likes him as an edge rusher, and who wouldn't after he ran a 4.51-second 40-yard dash on his Pro Day.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a putz!!!

How hated is Rosenhaus that he has to have his current players shelling for his new rookies?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

Texans | Bush may still be the one
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:24:29 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans are unlikely to change their draft plans due to recent investigations surrounding USC RB Reggie Bush and his family. The Texans own the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 Draft.

Raiders | Brooks is not the answer
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:27:45 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders do not see QB Aaron Brooks as a long-term solution at quarterback. They will probably take a quarterback in the upcoming draft, perhaps as early as the first round.

Raiders | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:51:03 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback.

Jets | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:46:30 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback. The Jets then select Oregon DT Haloti Ngata with the seventh pick. The Jets don't have a pure nose tackle for their new 3-4 scheme.

Jets | Team had pre-draft visit with Whitehurst; he may be given consideration
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:44:30 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets conducted a pre-draft visit with Clemson QB Charlie Whitehurst and they may give him some consideration in this weekend's NFL Draft. His size (6-5, 222) and bloodlines (his dad was former Green Bay Packers QB David Whitehurst) are intriguing, but he's been marked down for a deliberate release and struggles against the blitz.

Jets | Team had pre-draft visit with Croyle; team giving him consideration
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:39:55 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets conducted a pre-draft visit with Alabama QB Brodie Croyle Friday, April 21. The team is giving some consideration to selecting him in the second round of the NFL Draft. Croyle has his supporters and detractors. The latter don't like his build, a slender 6 feet 3 and 204 pounds, or that in the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn last season, he was sacked 11 times. But his supporters love how he bounces up after those sacks and the poise and composure he displays in between.

Prophet Guest

[size=24px]Vikings | O. Smith will not be reinstated?[/size]
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:20:13 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports according to a source close to Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith, the Vikings running back will not be reinstated by the NFL next month. Smith was suspended by the NFL last May. The Vikings and the NFL declined comment. "That falls under the confidentiality provisions of the program," league spokesman Greg Aiello said. "His status is unchanged in that he continues to be under suspension." The Vikings weren't counting on Smith, but owner Zygi Wilf said earlier this month that the team was open to giving the running back a chance to return. The Vikings could address the position in this weekend's NFL Draft.

Bengals | Team may seek offensive line help
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:44:53 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said the unsigned status of OTs Willie Anderson and Levi Jones and OG Eric Steinbach beyond this season is going to impact what they do in the NFL Draft. But the two sure first-round tackles, Virginia OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson and USC OT Winston Justice, figure to be long gone by No. 24, and Auburn OT Marcus McNeil has dropped in some surveys.

Bengals | Team not likely to trade up
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:41:30 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said it's unlikely the Bengals trade up in the NFL Draft, and he ruled out trading up as high as the top three to select the draft's best pass rusher in North Carolina State DE Mario Williams.

Bengals | NFL Draft will determine team's defense
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:40:39 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis confirmed he's waiting for this weekend's NFL Draft to unfold before deciding to stay with the 4-3 base defense or changing to a 3-4. "We'll wait and see what happens after the draft," Lewis said, but what can be plainly seen is that he's still trying to match the best scheme with the talent he has brought in during his first three drafts.

49ers | Team likely to stay at No. 6
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:08:29 -0700

The Associated Press reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Nolan said the San Francisco 49ers are likely to stay put at No. 6 in the first round of the NFL Draft. Nolan hopes to add two immediate starters to his team with picks No. 6 and No. 22. "Unfortunately, it's safe for us to say we can truly take the best player available, other than maybe a quarterback, because we have needs at just about every spot," Nolan said. "You'd like to be good enough that you could say that and be lying."

Browns | Lawson had pre-draft visit with team
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:33:54 -0700

During an interview with KFFL, North Carolina State DL/LB Manny Lawson said he had a pre-draft visit with the Cleveland Browns.

Buccaneers | Lawson had pre-draft visit with team
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:33:41 -0700

During an interview with KFFL, North Carolina State DL/LB Manny Lawson said he had a pre-draft visit with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Jets | Lawson had pre-draft visit with team
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:33:18 -0700

During an interview with KFFL, North Carolina State DL/LB Manny Lawson said he had a pre-draft visit with the New York Jets.

Patriots | Lawson had pre-draft visit with team
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:32:05 -0700

During an interview with KFFL, North Carolina State DL/LB Manny Lawson said he had a pre-draft visit with the New England Patriots.

Colts | Lawson had pre-draft visit with team
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:31:51 -0700

During an interview with KFFL, North Carolina State DL/LB Manny Lawson said he had a pre-draft visit with the Indianapolis Colts.

Bengals | Lawson had pre-draft visit with team
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:31:41 -0700

During an interview with KFFL, North Carolina State DL/LB Manny Lawson said he had a pre-draft visit with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Steelers | Lawson had pre-draft visit with team

Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:28:25 -0700

During an interview with KFFL, North Carolina State DL/LB Manny Lawson said he had a pre-draft visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Eagles | Team conducted pre-draft visit with T. Lutui
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:25:07 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Philadelphia Eagles conducted a pre-draft visit with USC OG Taitusi Lutui.

Panthers | Team conducted pre-draft visit with T. Lutui
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:11:04 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Carolina Panthers conducted a pre-draft visit with USC OG Taitusi Lutui.

Dolphins | Team to get another look at Fenner
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:40:46 -0700

University of Maryland WR Derrick Fenner will have an on-campus workout Wednesday, April 26, for Miami Dolphins assistant head coach and wide receivers coach Charlie Baggett.

Browns | Quarterback not a pressing need in draft
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:16:22 -0700

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns are not in a situation where they need to draft a quarterback in the 2006 NFL Draft, with the organization comfortable with QB Charlie Frye as the quarterback of the future. Still, should one of the draft's top three quarterbacks (USC QB Matt Leinart, Texas QB Vince Young and Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler) fall to the Browns at the No. 12 pick in the first round, it is possible that they will take one. Also, drafting a quarterback such as Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs in the later rounds of the draft is a possibility for the team.

Browns | Wide receiver not a need in draft
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:15:35 -0700

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns, after spending last year's first round pick on WR Braylon Edwards, along with the signing of WR Joe Jurevicius, do not need to draft a wide receiver in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Browns | Change-of-pace back desired
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:14:30 -0700

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns are in the market for a change-of-pace running back to back up starting RB Reuben Droughns. The team may use a later pick in the 2006 NFL Draft to fill the need.

Bengals | Team to take character into consideration in draft
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:48:02 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals will focus more on a player's character in the upcoming 2006 NFL Draft. Head coach Marvin Lewis and the rest of the organization are leery of taking a player with character questions after drafting WR Chris Henry, who was arrested twice in a 45-day span late in the 2005 season. "Guys who have issues with coaching or teammates and things like that, it's something that's going to be a little bit more of a red flag to me," Lewis said. "We're going to continue to pay big attention to character and red flag things like that."

NFL | J. Williams confident about draft
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:59:06 -0700

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports Virginia Tech CB Jimmy F. Williams is confident heading into the 2006 NFL Draft and believes he is the best cornerback available. "I feel like I'm the best defensive back in the country," Williams said. "No matter where they play me at, I know I can do a great job and I know I can come in and play right away."

Lions | Team could target linebacker in draft
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:20:32 -0700

DetroitLions.com reports the Detroit Lions may target a linebacker in the 2006 NFL Draft after losing two players at the position in free agency. Also, the team's linebacker corps has had trouble staying on the field, with LBs Teddy Lehman, Alex Lewis and Boss Bailey finishing 2005 on the disabled list. Given the position's injury concerns, the team has another reason to look for a linebacker in the draft.

Seahawks | Draft pick traded is No. 200 overall
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:19:50 -0700

Seahawks.com reports the sixth-round draft pick traded by the Seattle Seahawks to the Chicago Bears in exchange for S Mike Green was pick No. 200 overall in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Bears | Draft pick acquired is No. 200 overall
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:16:05 -0700

Seahawks.com reports the sixth-round draft pick acquired by the Chicago Bears in exchange for S Mike Green was pick No. 200 overall in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Eagles | Team has talent at center heading into draft
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:06:48 -0700

Dave Spadaro, of PhiladelphiaEagles.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have depth at the center position, including a battle for the starting job between Cs Jamaal Jackson and Hank Fraley. Backing the two up are talented Cs Dominic Furio and Trey Darilek, who can also contribute at the guard position. While the team has quality players at the position, it is still possible that the team will look for another player to contribute in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Eagles | Team has talent at guard heading into draft
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:59:24 -0700

Dave Spadaro, of PhiladelphiaEagles.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have depth at the guard position. OG Shawn Andrews is the starter at right guard and is coming off of a successful season in which he was voted as a Pro Bowl alternate. The left guard position is a little bit more unsettled, with OGs Artis Hicks, Todd Herremans, Scott Young and Adrien Clarke all vying for the starting position. The team may either allow the competition to play out, or draft a guard at a high position in the 2006 NFL Draft to settle position for good.

Cowboys | Wide receiver position needs depth and youth
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:36:04 -0700

Mickey Spagnola, of DallasCowboys.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys do not have a need for a starting wide receiver with WR Terry Glenn returning to play with the team's prize acquisition of the offseason, WR Terrell Owens. However, with Owens and Glenn turning 33 and 32 during the season, respectively, the team needs more youth at the position. Also, the only other receiver on the roster who is almost guaranteed to return next year is WR Patrick Crayton, so the team could use more depth at the position. Since owner Jerry Jones spoke of getting younger through the draft, it is possible that the team will target a wide receiver in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Seahawks | Team acquires safety Green
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:20:05 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Seattle Seahawks acquired veteran FS Mike Green from the Chicago Bears for a sixth-round draft pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Prophet Guest

Browns | Savage wants the Browns to measure up with the Steelers
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:02:00 -0700

Patrick McManamon, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage has set the Pittsburgh Steelers as the benchmark for Browns players, "We tried to put the most emphasis on Pittsburgh because they were the team that beat us the worst last year." Savage said when he thinks about a Cleveland Browns player he thinks, "What is this player's reaction going to be when he goes to Heinz Field as a Cleveland Brown? How is he going to respond?" Savage wants the Browns to have an attitude which recognizes the rivalry and the importance of beating the Steelers.

Rams | Team conducted pre-draft visit with K. Morris
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:49:36 -0700

The Post-Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams conducted a pre-draft visit with West Georgia LB Kelvin Morris.

Rams | Team conducted pre-draft visit with R. McIntosh
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:48:56 -0700

The Post-Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams conducted a pre-draft visit with Miami LB Rocky McIntosh.

Rams | Team conducted pre-draft visit with J. Cottrell
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:47:02 -0700

The Post-Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams conducted a pre-draft visit with New Mexico State LB Jimmy Cottrell.

Rams | Team conducted pre-draft visit with P. McQuistan
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:45:31 -0700

The Post-Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams conducted a pre-draft visit with Weber State OT Paul McQuistan.

Rams | Team conducted pre-draft visit with T. Carroll
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:44:48 -0700

The Post-Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams conducted a pre-draft visit with Miami DE Thomas Carroll.

Rams | Team conducted pre-draft visit with S. Bowen
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:43:24 -0700

The Post-Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams conducted a pre-draft visit with Hofstra DL Stephen Bowen.

Rams | Team conducted pre-draft visit with T. Stallings
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:42:43 -0700

The Post-Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams conducted a pre-draft visit with Mississippi OL Tre' Stallings.

Rams | Team conducted pre-draft visit with T. Palmer
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:41:40 -0700

The Post-Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams conducted a pre-draft visit with Missouri OL Tony Palmer.

Rams | Team conducted pre-draft visit with D. Hester
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:37:44 -0700

The Post-Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams conducted a pre-draft visit with Miami WR/CB/KR Devin Hester.

Ravens | Team needs safeties
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:16:41 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens will be drafting a safety in this year's NFL Draft, possibly even as high as their first-round pick. The Ravens currently have the 13th pick in the first round, but that is expected to be too low to obtain coveted Texas S Michael Huff. General manager Ozzie Newsome admitted the need for safety but also said there are plenty of good ones in the draft, "It's a good safety board. It's a situation where we would like to maybe get one, two or even three people (in the entire draft)."

Panthers | Team may try to trade up in the NFL Draft
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:46:01 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers general manager Marty Hurney admitted the team may try to trade up from the No. 27 pick in the NFL Draft. "We try to go into it with an open mind," Hurney said. "We like being active and trying to move if it warrants it." The Panthers are in the enviable position of being very deep at several positions and they really don't have many spots to fill on their 53-man roster. If the Panthers stood pat and used all eight of their current draft picks, it's highly unlikely more than three would make the roster because the team is so deep. At this point, the most obvious positions of need are running back, tight end, safety, outside linebacker and guard, but the team could go in just about any direction with the only exception being defensive tackle.

Patriots | Ohio State coach thinks Patriots could select a Buckeye
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:44:56 -0700

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel thinks the New England Patriots could select a number of his former players in the NFL Draft. Tressel said there was a parade of Patriots' coaches to meet with Ohio State players, "I think they like WR Santonio Holmes. I think they like OC Nick Mangold." Tressel also believes that LB Bobby Carpenter will be a good fit for the Patriots 3-4 defensive scheme.

NFL | Indian tribe distancing itself from member who tried to represent R. Bush
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:32:24 -0700

Bernie Wilson, of the Associated Press, reports an Indian tribe said Tuesday, April 25, it had nothing to do with an attempt by one of its members to steer USC RB Reggie Bush to a newly formed marketing company. The Sycuan Tribe said it was approached last fall by tribal member Michael C. Michaels, who created New Era Sports & Entertainment LLC with his partner Lloyd Lake, a documented gang member now serving time in prison for a probation violation. The two men reportedly attempted to compel Bush to sign with San Diego agent David Caravantes. Bush didn't sign with New Era Sports or Caravantes. Bush's family lived in a house owned by Michaels for nearly a year. Yahoo.com reported Sunday, April 23, that the family moved out last weekend after questions over its ownership arose.

Bills | Bunkley drawing much interest from the Bills; Ngata on the radar too
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:54:54 -0700

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills have given strong indication that they are interested in Florida State DT Brodrick Bunkley with the No. 8 pick in the first round of the NFL Draft, "He's a high-motor guy. He's athletic. He has size. He's quick enough to be a three technique. That's an advantage for him," said assistant general manager Tom Modrak. The Bills would not rule out the selection of Oregon DT Haloti Ngata, "He's a bit different from Bunkley, but yes he is (a fit)."

[size=24px]Vikings | Team will be pursuing a young quarterback[/size]
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:51:18 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings will be pursuing a young quarterback this weekend whether via the NFL Draft or a trade. "Regardless of who is starting," head coach Brad Childress said, "we want to take a developmental guy. We want to develop a guy. I think it behooves you to have your eye on a guy that's got the skill set that you're looking for and try to get that guy up to speed. A guy that you're serious about bring along within the system." The team may still try to trade for Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Schaub. Schaub would challenge QB Brad Johnson for the starting job, but a draft pick would open the season on the bench. There has been recent speculation that Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler could be available when the Vikings' No. 17 overall pick arrives, but there is also talk the team will pursue a second-tier rookie quarterback.

Bills | Team's front office outlines ideal draft characteristics
    Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700

Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports the Buffalo Bills will be looking for several characteristics in draft prospects including his measurables, his play on tape and his upside, but most importantly according to assistant general manager Tom Modrak, "Does he fit the Buffalo Bills?" Modrak went on to say a prospect might get a higher grade for the Bills if he fits a cover-two defense rather than a 3-4 defense. Bills general manager Marv Levy also said character assessment on- and off-the-field will definitely factor into the Bills' draft picks in this weekend's NFL Draft.