NFL | Radtke acknowledges he is unlikely to get drafted
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:04:23 -0700

Barry Temkin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports North Central College LB Lenny Radtke is hoping he will get drafted during the seventh round, but added, "The chances of me getting drafted are pretty slim. The best chance I have is to get an invitation to a mini-camp and, hopefully, make a team from there. That's my goal: to get into a camp." He's drawn interest from a few NFL teams.

49ers | Team leaning towards keeping draft choices
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:03:20 -0700

The Contra Costa Times reports the San Francisco 49ers are leaning towards keeping their current draft picks instead of trying to move up in the NFL Draft. Head coach Mike Nolan did not rule out the move, but said the team was leaning towards using their No. 6 overall and No. 22 overall to acquire two players who can start from Day 1.

Browns | Team thinking hard about M. Drew
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:19:42 -0700

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports the Cleveland Browns are thinking hard about spending a second-round pick on UCLA RB Maurice Drew. It appears their first plan is to spend a first-day pick on a running back if one falls to the right spot, but the team could decide to stay with RB Lee Suggs and hope he stays healthy.

Cardinals | NFL Draft board set
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 07:13:32 -0700

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Arizona Cardinals have finished ranking the college prospects or "setting their board," a task considered to be the heaviest lifting of NFL Draft preparation. "I'm excited," Cardinals vice president for football operations Rod Graves said. "I tend to get excited about it when I feel like we're well prepared, and because of those feelings, I generally think things will fall well for us." "I would be surprised if our top 10 players were very different from everybody else's top 10," Graves said.

Colts | Team expected to conduct pre-draft visit with D. Federkeil
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 07:12:21 -0700

TSN.ca reports the Indianapolis Colts were expected to conduct a pre-draft visit with Canada West defensive lineman of the year Dan Federkeil Friday, April 21. He played in the East-West Shrine game last January. He was also selected in the CFL Draft by the Toronto Argonauts. The Colts want to look at him as an offensive lineman.

Jets | Team had pre-draft visit with D. Federkeil
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:52:43 -0700

TSN.ca reports the New York Jets conducted a pre-draft visit with Canada West defensive lineman of the year Dan Federkeil. He played in the East-West Shrine game last January. He was also selected in the CFL Draft by the Toronto Argonauts.

Titans | Team split on quarterback decision?
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:44:58 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans may be split on their decision regarding which quarterback to select in next week's NFL Draft. The coaches like USC QB Matt Leinart, and the front office, especially general manager Floyd Reese, likes Texas QB Vince Young. Even Leinart's agent, Chuck Price, has heard the buzz. Reese admitted it's partly true and that he does like Young, but he said he also likes Leinart, and Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler, too. The Titans are weighing the pros and cons of each player, and right now there are indications the team is indeed favoring Young over Leinart.

Raiders | Sapp progressing
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:40:13 -0700

Jim Jenkins, of the Sacramento Bee, reports Oakland Raiders DT Warren Sapp (shoulder) told the NFL Network he is progressing well from a torn rotator cuff that caused him to miss the final six games last season. "I'm ready to get back on the field," said Sapp, who attended but didn't participate in the team's recent minicamp. Sapp's rehabilitation, and whether it's satisfactory in management's eyes, might determine whether the Raiders consider defensive tackles in the NFL Draft.