Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFC North: Vikings continue to build

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "SIUviking" wrote:
    I actually think a big time TE would really help this team...if we could get Bennett in the 2nd or steal him in the 3rd I would love it. He has loads of potential and could be a starter by the end of the year.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/martellusbennett.html
    I think Visanthe Shiancoe has potential and we did not even use Garrett Mills yet. I think we should give these guys a chance. Plus we still have Jim Kleinsasser hanging in there.
    It's not that we don't have a good TE... We don't have a coach that has putting them in the scheme... The last two years Wiggy was here, we never used him. And we barely have used Shiancoe... URG!!

This wasn't a very good assessment. The OT wasn't even addressed?

This guy seems like a drive by and look at the team guy... Not a good assessment.
    Probably cause they were to busy using him to pass block.
    If you have to leave in your HB and TE to block...your scheme sucks.
    Shank looks to have some talent but his ceiling is apperant. I would like us to add a real verticle tight -end to play opposite him. Having more weapons is hardly a bad thing. I think having a 2nd TE that is more WR like can help confuse the defense a bit more.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: NFC North: Vikings continue to build

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "SIUviking" wrote:
    I actually think a big time TE would really help this team...if we could get Bennett in the 2nd or steal him in the 3rd I would love it. He has loads of potential and could be a starter by the end of the year.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/martellusbennett.html
    I think Visanthe Shiancoe has potential and we did not even use Garrett Mills yet. I think we should give these guys a chance. Plus we still have Jim Kleinsasser hanging in there.
    It's not that we don't have a good TE... We don't have a coach that has putting them in the scheme... The last two years Wiggy was here, we never used him. And we barely have used Shiancoe... URG!!

This wasn't a very good assessment. The OT wasn't even addressed?

This guy seems like a drive by and look at the team guy... Not a good assessment.
    Probably cause they were to busy using him to pass block.
    If you have to leave in your HB and TE to block...your scheme sucks.
    Shank looks to have some talent but his ceiling is apperant. I would like us to add a real verticle tight -end to play opposite him. Having more weapons is hardly a bad thing. I think having a 2nd TE that is more WR like can help confuse the defense a bit more.
    Or you have a Rookie playing RT, a rookie RB who can't pick up a blitz as well as a QB who is so raw he can't recognize the blitz as well.

Comeon my friend.
    How can you blame the scheme (it has its flaws as well) and not also blame the players?

And how can adding a small fast TE that is only designed to catch passes (no blocking talent) confuse the defenses?
    It means you are gonna pass cause you sure the hell aint gonna run.

(Marrdro refrains from tapping on our C issues.
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123