Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SIUviking is offline Starter

Re: NFC North: Vikings continue to build

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "SIUviking" wrote:
    I actually think a big time TE would really help this team...if we could get Bennett in the 2nd or steal him in the 3rd I would love it. He has loads of potential and could be a starter by the end of the year.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/martellusbennett.html
    There have been 2 or 3 threads that have had discussions around TE.
    I am in the minority with you that we could help this team out by putting some real talent at this position.
    I also think you could do this in the 3rd round.

I don't believe its an absolute must that we draft a TE, but if the right guy is there at the right spot,
    I wouldn't be upset at all.

There are spots where we need depth and there are spots where we could use talent upgrade.
    TE fits in the latter.
    QB/WR/DE/OL and possibly CB fit in this category as well.
    The other positions I see more as depth needs.
    Bennett I just see as a steal in the draft and with us not having a great TE we could get a major upgrade and a TE who is built for the future. I am in the boat that also thinks we are fine at WR and don't see the need for giving up an early pick for one. Sidney Rice is poised for a break-out year.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"SIUviking" wrote:
    I actually think a big time TE would really help this team...if we could get Bennett in the 2nd or steal him in the 3rd I would love it. He has loads of potential and could be a starter by the end of the year.

I think Visanthe Shiancoe has potential and we did not even use Garrett Mills yet. I think we should give these guys a chance. Plus we still have Jim Kleinsasser hanging in there.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    "SIUviking" wrote:

I think Visanthe Shiancoe has potential and we did not even use Garrett Mills yet. I think we should give these guys a chance. Plus we still have Jim Kleinsasser hanging in there.
    It's not that we don't have a good TE... We don't have a coach that has putting them in the scheme... The last two years Wiggy was here, we never used him. And we barely have used Shiancoe... URG!!

This wasn't a very good assessment. The OT wasn't even addressed?

This guy seems like a drive by and look at the team guy... Not a good assessment.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

tclawmen is offline Starter

"marstc09" wrote:
    Are we really in need for a TE?
    Why would we look at the TE position, did'nt Vishancoe have 25 or so receptions last year?
    What do expect for 16 milllion dollars?

"Potus2028" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "SIUviking" wrote:

It's not that we don't have a good TE... We don't have a coach that has putting them in the scheme... The last two years Wiggy was here, we never used him. And we barely have used Shiancoe... URG!!

This guy seems like a drive by and look at the team guy... Not a good assessment.
    Wiggins last two years he had 69 receptions for 568 yards and 46 receptions for 386 yards. That is not terrible by any means.

"tclawmen" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Why would we look at the TE position, did'nt Vishancoe have 25 or so receptions last year?
    27 receptions for 323 yards. He will be better this year with a year under his belt with this coaching staff.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    27 receptions for 323 yards. He will be better this year with a year under his belt with this coaching staff.
    There you go..

Hey Vikes... Don't draft a TE.. We have a veteran... You just need to get him the ball some more.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"Potus2028" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    There you go..

Hey Vikes... Don't draft a TE.. We have a veteran... You just need to get him the ball some more.
    If Shiancoe remains our #1 TE, I doubt our strategy is going to be to get him the ball more.
    I would not expect to see significantly better numbers from him next year.

I understand focusing on other areas, but don't be fooled that we have a stud playing TE for us.

tclawmen is offline Starter

"marstc09" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

With the addition of Berian and the continuing developement of Tjack I do agree that Vishancoe not only should, but HAS TO put up beter numbers than what we saw last year . That being said, what kind of production do you think we should expect from Vishancoe this year and what would you consider acceptable. I dont think 3-4 recpts with 45 yards a game is to much to expect when you are getting paid like one of the top TE's in the league.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Potus2028" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "SIUviking" wrote:

Probably cause they were to busy using him to pass block.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast