Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

The Next Troy Williamson!!

http://vikings.scout.com/2/503279.html

It was at this time last year that Florida-based agent David Canter brought wide receiver Troy Williamson to work out at the NFL Combine.

In early 2005, the committee that puts a grade on where underclassmen should be selected in the draft gave Williamson a second-round grade. Even so, Canter encouraged Williamson to leave the University of South Carolina early. Williamson not only showed up at the Combine ready to go, he ran faster than anyone could have expected—a 4.32 in the 40-yard dash and the rest is history. Williamson wound up being selected by the Minnesota Vikings with the seventh pick overall in the first round.

Which brings us to another receiver, the University of Florida's Chad Jackson.

What's interesting in his case was Jackson declared for the draft even before the committee sent him the letter, which would give him the grade—a fourth-round pick.

When Canter spoke to various teams in the league, he didn't exactly get ringing endorsements of his client.

"They actually said, 'You mean the (Dallas) Baker kid'."

Still, that didn't deter Jackson or Canter, and Jackson has continued to train for the Combine.

Whether it was Jackson's trainer, who Canter said felt Jackson is "T.O. (Terrell Owens) with speed," or just a great belief that Jackson was a great talent, Canter felt Jackson was ready for the next level of competition. And much like with Williamson last year, the opportunity was there for the taking. Ohio State wide receiver Santonio Holmes, many around the league said before the Combine, was the only sure-fire first round pick at the position.

That was then, this is now.

Jackson caused a major stir inside the media room at the Combine on Sunday when he ran an official time of 4.32, which is coincidentally the same time Williamson ran last year. What's interesting is Jackson actually slipped a little on his best run of the two, according to Canter.

Canter confirmed that Jackson only dropped one ball in pass-catch drills and he anticipates Jackson won't run at his Pro Day next month. Canter is so confident that Jackson's 40 time was so good that he's moved in to the upper half of the first round.

"He won't be there when the Miami Dolphins pick (No.16 overall)."

If Canter's right, Jackson will be his second straight mover up draft boards at the wide receiver position.

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Next Troy Williamson!!

Dallas Baker is gonna be a stud in the NFL. He tore apart Iowa in the bowl. I wish some how we could get Chad...some team is gonna be in good shape with him.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

There will never be another Troy Williamson

JKJK this guy looks like a stud

Thank you Josdin for the sig

vikesboy2003 is offline Rookie

No they are wrong!!!! I must say, there will be another case like the Vikings taking a WR at number 7 when they need big play linebackers and O-Line. And still the two or the many things the Vikings are looking at this offseason ARE O-line and Linebackers. WOW

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"The Next" Troy Williamson? OUR Troy Williamson hasn't even proved himself yet, and people are calling this guy "The next Troy Williamson?

:roll: Sheesh...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Who's the idiot?

The experts predicting T-Will to be drafted in the 2nd round

or

Tice for getting him at #7.

I guess time will tell.

Right now, the earlier is more correct, but we've got 2006 to change that.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

tylersieve is offline Starter

i dont know what williamson will ever do..he reminds me of kelly cample..he cought just a couple balls didnt help the team much..but knowing me im prob wrong..he prob make the probowl next year..but seriously...i think williamson might be a bust..so i dont know if it is a good thing to be the next troy
    Sieveinator Strikes Agian

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I've been trying to keep an eye on Chad Jackson. I noticed him a little while back, this guy is something special. I can't wait to see what he becomes in the NFL.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

tylersieve is offline Starter

aww..that would be nice..same with that santonio holmes.....he is good
    Sieveinator Strikes Agian

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

On a side note, and I don't mean to turn this into a T-Will thread, but I was watching the recievers workout at the combine and I noticed something. They were doing an adjustment drill where the quarterbacks would throw bad balls over the recievers heads and they'd have to adjust and go get them. I did not see ONE guy adjust correctly and get the ball. We all complained about how Williamson had the speed to get down field but couldn't adjust to the ball when it got there. Well seeing those guys proved that he needs more time! It doesn't appear to me that many guys have NFL level skills (except for your once in every 20 years Moss or Rice) when they come into the league. That may be stating the obvious, but it was just something I noticed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast