Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

New So much for cutler

I am upset that it only cost denver a first and third, according to espn. Now I am not very happy, we need a franchise QB

Thanks PurpleMafia

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New So much for cutler

I think that Minnesota dropped the ball on this one... Denver gave up their #15 pick, and a 3rd rd pick to get Cutler. All we would have given up would have been our #17 pick, and a 3rd rd pick to get our QB of the future. The only way I won't be royally pissed off at this, is if they get Matt Schaub somehow. I like Croyle, and Whitehurst, but Cutler could step in alot quicker then both of those guys..

I just don't understand why they didnt try to move up, that was not much at all

Thanks PurpleMafia

vIker44 is offline Rookie

"shawn9876uss" wrote:
    I am upset that it only cost denver a first and third, according to espn. Now I am not very happy, we need a franchise QB
    It's a tough call... Cutler was second on my list but giving up one of the second round picks might have been too high a price.... this is a deep draft and the Vikings need firepower... In fact if what they want is not at #17 maybe trade down a couple of spots and pick up an extra early #2 pick.... we need quality bodies and depth to take the next step up to the contender level...... Lucky for us is there is still a LOT of high quality players left on the board..... plus my best match for our future QB is still on the board.....
    it's tarv time............

Now I hope they trade down if they can still get who they want, But I am still upset lol

Thanks PurpleMafia

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

I totally agree Brad Childress is cheap and chincy. So now were gonna get stuck with a 2nd round QB like whitehurst or clemens. However me might just trade for schaub. Chad Greenway sounds like the guy though were gonna draft. Thats just the vikings philosophy just way too conservative coaching wise. Their not willing to take chances.

Formerly Viking24

I think they felt that he would fall to us and took a chance and it backfired on us

Thanks PurpleMafia

Json is offline GM

Not making a move to get Cutler or Leinart is ridiculous. Simms is gone as well. The only redemption at this point is Schaub and I really don't see that happening either.

I'm not very pleased thus far in the draft. Not at all.

vIker44 is offline Rookie

"Json" wrote:
    Not making a move to get Cutler or Leinart is ridiculous. Simms is gone as well. The only redemption at this point is Schaub and I really don't see that happening either.

I'm not very pleased thus far in the draft. Not at all.
    Stop whining... these dudes were not slated to drop to us to begin with... I told you that already so deal with it... how can you not be pleased and we haven't even picked.... fact is we are in some quality slots and all these QBs are projects at this stage anyhoo..... where was Brady selected??? How bout Montana???? get over it, duder...... sheeeesh.....
    it's tarv time............

Json is offline GM

I put money on the Vikes picking Chad Greenway. There on the clock right now. (inner thoughts..."please lord let Minnesota Vikings trade for Matt Schaub")

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast